Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 09:31 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,385,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cia191630 View Post
I'm a she lol...but no harm done, can't tell with a screen name lol
Whoops! Sorry about that, got it fixed up now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 08:24 PM

138 posts, read 510,899 times
I can't think of any better place than the Gulf Coast for you. The population, as a whole, is younger than the rest of the state. The entertainment is far superior than anywhere in the state with world class resorts that bring in entertainers/musical and others year round, not to mention the Coast Colisieum as well. If the music isnt to your liking, New Orleans is just 1 1/2 hour away...and you can pretty much find anything there. The coast also affords you beaches, islands, deep sea fishing...it really has the feeling of Florida...only less crowded; if your into that coastal lifestyle that is. Also DeSoto county in the north, just outside Memphis...will also have a big music scene...I would guess. Not sure of the demographics for that area...age wise that is....its really just a big suburb of Memphis though. Good Luck, and enjoy MS!

Old 07-02-2009, 05:48 AM

783 posts, read 2,253,533 times
I think many of us really love where we live. In my case, I've been stuck "out" in the country better than a decade (really "out" only in being like 25 minutes from where I live now) but am loving living in town. Small town, very good public schools, and I can be on i-55 or 82 in like three or 4 minutes and from there to several major towns or cities in an hour to 90 minutes (depending on traffic and mood). I'm FROM the detroit area so I can tell you quite a lot about the diff - this isn't even like living in Belleville or Wayne or Romulus. It's much smaller even than those places... but an hour in a car and you're in Southaven - which has mall after mall, traffic, and five minutes from memphis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi