Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 AM

114 posts, read 223,293 times

Advertisements

I want to know if the story about Mississippi having the highest obesity rate in the US is true. Could it be that the people do not have access to fresh fruits and vegetables, and can they have more supermarkets and other stores where they can afford fresh fruits and vegetables, in order for them to be healthy?

Have fun and faith in God.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 10:04 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,114,944 times
There are pleanty of walmart stores dotted througout MS with the same produce available like in any other state.

I would guess alot of it is personal choice on what people want to eat but not every single person in MS is obese. I've seen more obesity elsewhere.

Obesity is also not just a problem in the U.S its global.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:20 AM

58 posts, read 199,671 times
I know that I might get edited for saying this, but I have to say it. Hello grasshopper. Just when we thought we have heard the last of you, you come and grace us with your presence once again. What did we do to deserve such a character like you? Are there any other states you can go trolling through? I think that I can speak for the majority of the wonderful Mississippians on this forum by saying that from your past experience with us, your questions are no longer welcomed, no matter how valid they may be. I know that there is a thing called free speech, and I am not a moderator so I can't ban you so, what exactly is it that you want to know about us? Are you truly sincere in your questioning? I take it that your curiosity hasn't stirred you enough to come take a visit to our lovely state and see for yourself how life is here. Yes, MS may be the most obese state in the nation, but, I, myself, would rather die of good, down home cooking than from being stressed out because I feel like I have to keep up in the rat race.

For the last time grasshopper, and to whoever else that may have some 19th and mid 20th century viewpoint about our state, MS has the same advantages and oppurtunites as the rest of the 49 states. We ARE educated. We are NOT backwards or ignorant. There are idiots everywhere you go. We DO wear shoes on our feet. We ARE NOT sleeping with or are married to our cousins. We are NOT whatever other stereotype there is about us. Yes, we may move slow or even talk slow at times, but it is only because it is too damn hot!! If we did anything too fast in this heat we will surely stroke out!!

Sure, we have our faults and yes our history hasn't been all that pretty, but it makes us who we are. Our traditions and our cultures are dear to us. So, here's to you, long live the great state of Mississippi!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 01:33 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,391,377 times
The wheels on the bus go round and round...

Old 07-09-2009, 01:46 PM

2,975 posts, read 8,114,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonian View Post
The wheels on the bus go round and round...
...round and round...round and round

Old 07-09-2009, 02:08 PM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,644 times
I want to know...

I read about...

I have been reading...

I want to know more...

I want to know about...

I want to know how...

I want to know if...

Grasshopper you are the most curious person to ever visit this forum.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:31 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,391,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
I want to know...

I read about...

I have been reading...

I want to know more...

I want to know about...

I want to know how...

I want to know if...

Grasshopper you are the most curious person to ever visit this forum.
And if you check his/her profile, you will notice that this is the only forum that he/she posts in.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:54 PM

138 posts, read 512,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper_60619 View Post
I want to know if the story about Mississippi having the highest obesity rate in the US is true. Could it be that the people do not have access to fresh fruits and vegetables, and can they have more supermarkets and other stores where they can afford fresh fruits and vegetables, in order for them to be healthy?

Have fun and faith in God.

Most people in MS are at least 100-500 lbs overweight. It is true, we are the fattest state in the nation. We have no access to any fruits or vegetables, and we grow no fruits or vegetables. In addition, we have no supermarkets or any other stores that offer fresh anything; we dont even have stores, period. Therefore, we will remain super obese and unhealthy.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:49 AM

314 posts, read 1,105,048 times
Grasshopper, you're not even a good troll. Its rather sad.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:28 AM

767 posts, read 2,291,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenfatt View Post
Grasshopper, you're not even a good troll. Its rather sad.
It appears he is running a one man campaign to smear the great state of Mississippi. It seems like no good comes from the state of illinois.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi