U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:30 PM

2 posts, read 4,749 times

Advertisements

I am an educator because I love children and care about their welfare. My dealings with Mr. Loper ( I have a child at Center Hill Hs ) have convinced me that he is in his position not because he cares about kids, rather to wield some sort of power and stroke his rather large ego. He has been totally inflexible and actually deceptive and underhanded when I have encountered him. He should be avoided at all costs- Tell your students to keep a low profile And do not go to Loper if you need help you will not get it. He is out to prove how tough he is and what a macho man he is! I know students who are in the band and have been late to their next class because the band director kept them too long and they were tardy because they had to change clothes and Loper reduced them to tears. These are kids who never have gotten into any trouble. The students are terrified of him and he thinks that is great. I believe he thinks this really makes him look good.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 4,749 times
Default George Loper

I wish you were wrong but my dealings with Loper make me disagree. He needs friends like you because parents who meet him or have any dealings with him come away with a very poor opinion of him and his lack of concern for students.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:58 PM

60 posts, read 223,235 times
I think close supervision is needed myself...just a couple of weeks ago, a note was found at Hernando High School threatening to shoot 1 teacher and 2 students. The boy has been arrested, but they haven't released his identity that I've heard. Maybe the students being monitored more closely would have caught this student off the bat?

Old 09-30-2007, 02:00 PM

Amen! I agree completely with you as long as it's not too rough on the students and they still receive a good education.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:01 PM

I agree! If the students behave and do as they are supposed to, they don't have to worry about the rules then do they?

Old 09-30-2007, 02:05 PM

I'm sorry you feel this way about Horn Lake, but I must say there are rude people everywhere. Everyone has been friendly to me everywhere I go and I haven't heard any loud cussing or anything like that. My married daughter says she won't go to Walmart for any reason in Southaven because everyone is so rude and she will only go to the one in Hernando close to where she lives.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:37 PM

2 posts, read 10,928 times
Default center hill high school

If you don't like CHHS go back to ob with the rest of those people. I like the agenda idea. There was a student walking around an elementary school a few years ago in slayden, ms noone suspected anything then he stabbed a fifth grader. How the hell is the staff suppose to know all the students unless they have an agenda. They can tell whom belongs and who is out of place. I like the car rider line, I write down all the out of state and other county tag numbers and turn their a** in and sometimes I follow them and get their address. Watch out bi***. This school is so much better than OBHS, it is the reason we moved out of Shelby County. It is ashamed parents have to be forced to sign agendas, your child is under age and needs supervision. I bet these idiots that hate the agenda, car rider line, Loper, etc. don't know the pw to their child's myspace, etc. I do b/c I care, they have plenty of time to be adults.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:28 PM

27 posts, read 143,958 times
I think it's pretty outrageous to suggest parents don't care about their children just because they want them treated with dignity and respect. Have you ever forgotten something? Reducing a child to tears because they forgot to put on a belt one day is ridiculous. If your child isn't making good grades or can't be trusted, as you eluded to, by all means check their agenda everyday. Obviously your kid doesn't need a myspace. My point is middle and high school students have no business being in the same school and treated the same way. He might be a great middle school principal but he doesn't belong in high school. I'm not sure what you meant by "those people" but we made it just fine before all the shelby county refugees got here. I'm happy to welcome anyone who wants to move here and become a part of our community but not those who want to come here to make trouble. Keep up the good work stalking out of state tags! LOL

Last edited by AEN2006; 10-16-2007 at 03:49 PM..

Old 10-16-2007, 03:44 PM

5,981 posts, read 17,601,815 times
Exclamation Thread warning...

Let's don't get out there on a limb, folks - and discussion of the school system needs to be a discussion of the system without calling anyone by name...it's a thin line but could fall under the heading of consumer complaint, which the Terms of Service specifically forbid because of defamation issues. And we all already know not to attack other posters, so let's don't go there either...Thanks!

Terms of Service - City-Data Forum

This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:51 PM

27 posts, read 143,958 times
My apologies to Sam. Thanks for the reminder.

Last edited by AEN2006; 10-16-2007 at 04:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi