Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,910 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine just got back from Cleveland MS and thought it a great place. I'm looking for a place to live that's clean and quiet but not coma inducing dull. I'm a single woman, but not on the hunt. I just want to work, have a small business and sit in my backyard full of flowers and classical music and not hear or see anyones children running all around. How's Cleveland MS for any of this? Oh, any brick houses down there - Midwesterners must have brick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 01:00 PM

114 posts, read 340,162 times
I'm from the Delta and lived in Cleveland while I was in college. it's a normal college town. it's got lots of great places to eat and shopping on Cotton Row is pretty good. I would say it doesn't really have a nightlife, but there are coffee houses and some fun local events. most nights the streets are dead after 10. no movie theater and I really can't think of where the closest (safe) theater is. it's a great little Delta town though. I would suggest you visit one weekend.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:20 PM

6 posts, read 16,670 times
I was just there and there seems to be LOTS of brick houses and lots of great gardens. Previous poster was right -- nice grocery store, several restarant choices, cute littel shops and festivals galore...if not in Cleveland proper then it seems like there is something going on nearby. Has all the modern necessities (cable, high speed data, cell services ). If you can be content in a small place where you can be a part of the community you might like it.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:22 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtyankee View Post
several restarant choices,
My wife and I ate at a great restaurant after the NCAA DII women's basketball tournament. It was in what looked to be an old, converted warehouse. Great service and great food. Our Cotton Blossoms lost to the Fighting Okra of Delta State.

-Robert

Old 08-01-2009, 12:22 PM

314 posts, read 1,105,258 times
One of the few things my wife and I missed after we moved from Cleveland to Tupelo was the restaurants. For a small town, the Cleveland/Merigiold area has some fantastic places to eat. The latest we tried was a pizza place between Cleveland and Merigold- best pizza I've ever had bar none.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:19 PM

30 posts, read 159,231 times
I'm considering a potential "dream" job in Cleveland, MS, but I am definitely someone who does not like rural living, and I thrive on lots of culture and diversity, probably because I was born and raised in New Orleans. Since I know I won't want to live in Cleveland, MS, I'm thinking of commuting from either Memphis or Oxford (both are apparently 90 minutes away from Cleveland). Can anyone provide any advice about either/both? I realize Oxford is a great deal smaller, but it seems to have a thriving arts scene, and I like Baton Rouge (which I've heard is very similar to Oxford). Also, I have a bit of a tornado phobia, so please let me know if I need to factor this into my decision.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi