Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 05:47 AM

116 posts, read 209,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcAtee View Post
Hello everyone! Preparing for my move to the Tupelo area this weekend. Starting on the 14th.

I'm going to check out the Ole Miss basketball game after work on the 16th. If anyone wants to tag along, that's cool.
You will really enjoy living in this area. I hope to start Feb 28th
Do you know the hours we will be working. I think the guy said 7-4
when they called but I cant remember much about that phone call. I was in a state of shock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 AM

17 posts, read 34,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Teacher View Post
Interesting Info: In check out line tonight at Kroger with none other than a Toyota person here from Kentucky. This person informed me(cause I ask many questions) that in January and February mostly Team Leaders and few Team Members will be hired. When they are all finished with orientation and other business at the plant different groups will go to train at other places.
During this time, they wil hire many many team members to be ready to train when team leaders return. Many will be brought in for Day 2, interview ect once they get the ones I mentioned out of the way. They have to get these people in and out of all these processes first so they can move ahead. He said " March will be a very busy month for Toyota"
Point being: If you are waiting (talking to you mizz boyd) its coming. Take a breath say a prayer be calm. He said that many people are in a hold zone. They cant bring them up yet because Toyota
isnt ready yet. He was so nice and so matter of fact. I couldnt wait to tell the board this.
BTW he said that if you made it thru Day1 you were ahead of several 1000 that didnt get called to take it.
Mrs. Teacher,
what do you think about the ones that had their interview, background check, and drug test completed. Did the guy say anything about when we will be contacted or what month we 'll be offer a job ? Are do you think it will be in March before they contact us.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:50 AM

142 posts, read 260,563 times
Default Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Teacher View Post
Interesting Info: In check out line tonight at Kroger with none other than a Toyota person here from Kentucky. This person informed me(cause I ask many questions) that in January and February mostly Team Leaders and few Team Members will be hired. When they are all finished with orientation and other business at the plant different groups will go to train at other places.
During this time, they wil hire many many team members to be ready to train when team leaders return. Many will be brought in for Day 2, interview ect once they get the ones I mentioned out of the way. They have to get these people in and out of all these processes first so they can move ahead. He said " March will be a very busy month for Toyota"
Point being: If you are waiting (talking to you mizz boyd) its coming. Take a breath say a prayer be calm. He said that many people are in a hold zone. They cant bring them up yet because Toyota
isnt ready yet. He was so nice and so matter of fact. I couldnt wait to tell the board this.
BTW he said that if you made it thru Day1 you were ahead of several 1000 that didnt get called to take it.

MS Teacher thank you for the information it gives me hope that I am still in the running at least and I know that I am not alone so everyone let's pray hard for one another and hopefully things will happen as we hope.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:15 AM

116 posts, read 208,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzboyd View Post
Has anyone who has taken day 1 assessment in dec heard anything about day2 assessment? I am wondering why i have not heard anything else about the second phase yet i am beginning to wonder if anyone who may have taken day 1 in december heard any word about anything yet?????

Not yet Mizzboyd!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:50 PM

22 posts, read 36,130 times
Are all you guy that are being hired are y'all team members or leaders

Old 02-04-2011, 01:16 PM

88 posts, read 151,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMAN View Post
Holding On,
Can you share that phone number you used to contact the Toyota Rep?
Also, when did you take Day 1?
MSMAN, the number i called is 662-620-5011. It may take a couple of chances to reach a live body. My day 1 assessment was Dec 1.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:29 PM

82 posts, read 170,755 times
Default Contingent Job Offer!

Hey all! Just received word of contingent job offer. Too bad husband is already at work though, they couldn't let me take the information. I tried to get him to give me a hint of a possible start date, he said,"nice try, I'm sorry, but I have to talk to him." So first thing Monday morning we will know when to take the physical and the actual possible start date. Going by MSTeacher's start date, I'm gonna guess that it could be the same. Anyway, good news for the weekend I suppose!

Hopefully, some others will receive their calls today as well. Good news seems to come in groups around here!

Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob99 View Post
Are all you guy that are being hired are y'all team members or leaders
I do believe that most people have been hired as team leaders. I think there may have been one or two people that have posted that were hired as production. At least I thought I read that somewhere in all these pages.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM

201 posts, read 386,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatrabbit View Post
Hey all! Just received word of contingent job offer. Too bad husband is already at work though, they couldn't let me take the information. I tried to get him to give me a hint of a possible start date, he said,"nice try, I'm sorry, but I have to talk to him." So first thing Monday morning we will know when to take the physical and the actual possible start date. Going by MSTeacher's start date, I'm gonna guess that it could be the same. Anyway, good news for the weekend I suppose!

Hopefully, some others will receive their calls today as well. Good news seems to come in groups around here!
Great news fatrabbit. Hope everything works out for you guys.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmon1966 View Post
Great news fatrabbit. Hope everything works out for you guys.
Thanks alot! So do we!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi