Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 06:33 AM

56 posts, read 89,265 times

Advertisements

To anyone who has been through the interview and physical: I heard that they do a urine and hair test, but have also heard that they don't give everybody a hair test. I am just fine with a urine test, but I have to say that I don't like the thought of my hair being pulled out. How much do they pull out? Also, why would both tests need to be done? If you're doing drugs, it's going to pick up on either one. If anyone could fill me in, I would really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 07:04 AM

46 posts, read 117,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadslove View Post
To anyone who has been through the interview and physical: I heard that they do a urine and hair test, but have also heard that they don't give everybody a hair test. I am just fine with a urine test, but I have to say that I don't like the thought of my hair being pulled out. How much do they pull out? Also, why would both tests need to be done? If you're doing drugs, it's going to pick up on either one. If anyone could fill me in, I would really appreciate it.
The urine test is mostly for more recent drug use around a month or so and the hair folicle test ( which is cut not pulled lol) goes back for months> Most companies go back 6 or 7 months but it is accurate further back to my understanding

Old 02-22-2011, 07:11 AM

82 posts, read 170,755 times
Quote:
They let my husband choose a spot to shave some samples. He has a buzz cut so they had to take body hair.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 AM

43 posts, read 89,677 times
Is it true that hiring is suppose to speed up in March?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:11 AM

55 posts, read 109,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-driver12 View Post
Have been keeping up with this thread for a while, decided to sign up and post today. I had applied for 2 different skilled maintenance positions, signed and returned my final offer letter 2/10 for a start date of 3/21. This past saturday 2/19 I recieced a rejection letter. I called today to make sure I am still sceduled to start 3/21 and was told that when they remove your name from any position you have applied for you would get the letter. Maybe this will help some of you out. So I will be starting 3/21 as a skilled team member. I am pretty nervous about this change since i have been in my current job for 11 years, but this was too good of an opportunity to pass up. I hope this post has been helpful and I look forward to meeting everyone on 3/21.
God Bless All

Thank you for this info. After going back and looking at the letter again it is only for one of the positions applied for and everyone has stated they don't see how my husband has went as far as he did and got rejected. I am thinking positive again anyway. But I still would like for him to call if I can find the number.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:06 PM

39 posts, read 66,521 times
They did both on everybody I know that has been.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:55 PM

107 posts, read 194,381 times
Thanxs for the info,I only have one workmens comp claim no big deal it was over a cut finger that took alot of stitches and I was off with pay for a week doc wouldnt allow me to go back to work till stitches came out it cut a nerve I did recieve a weeks pay for being off no big deal just bothered me.Just never really know.

Last edited by gawells; 02-22-2011 at 06:06 PM..

Old 02-22-2011, 06:30 PM

36 posts, read 63,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawells View Post
Thanxs for the info,I only have one workmens comp claim no big deal it was over a cut finger that took alot of stitches and I was off with pay for a week doc wouldnt allow me to go back to work till stitches came out it cut a nerve I did recieve a weeks pay for being off no big deal just bothered me.Just never really know.
That is nothing to worry about! I also cut a finger and had to have stitches and the doctor giving the physical ask me if I had any problems from it now. I almost didn't put it down and then I talked to the safety guy at my current job and he told me if I didn't write it down and lets say I got hurt at Toyota and they checked to see if I ever had a claim in my past and they seen where I did but didn't write it down they could terminate me!

Old 02-22-2011, 06:42 PM

36 posts, read 63,544 times
Quote:
I figure its because people can cheat on the urine test but no way to beat the hair test! After working at a place where people went out to get high during lunch break and watching deals go down inside the plant during working hours I would have let them shave my head if it meant not having to put up with that kind of stuff anymore!!!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:35 PM

107 posts, read 194,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissFan View Post
I figure its because people can cheat on the urine test but no way to beat the hair test! After working at a place where people went out to get high during lunch break and watching deals go down inside the plant during working hours I would have let them shave my head if it meant not having to put up with that kind of stuff anymore!!!
Well put SIR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi