Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 01:38 PM

89 posts, read 143,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvs View Post
That was my mistake by not eating, so please eat something. There was the lady that throw up on the stop welding machine and you do not want to do that. She just hit the red button and stood in the saftey area. Then she wait a few minutes and cleaned of the machine, then started back working. I call that DRIVEN OR DRIVE, that is what she had because she wants to work for Toyota no matter what happened that day. And she did finish all the drills. So eating is very important and REST(your'll see)

Oh no...that's terrible! But atleast she finished like a trooper! So what exactly do you do I'm trying to get myself mentally psyched for this! Hahaha! What does most people wear for this..I'm assuming jeans and tshirt and tennis shoes would be appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 01:58 PM

146 posts, read 245,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadilly75 View Post
I go in the morning for my Day 2...any advice or tips?
I would just have to say, stay strong and don't give up! Work consistently and in a timely manner....I have to go in the morning for my interview....Good Luck to you

Old 04-19-2011, 01:58 PM

49 posts, read 75,632 times
Day 2: You want to dress comfortably and wear tennis shoes. You will warm up but be sure to wear at least short sleeves. You can't really prepare except to arrive rested and ready for workout. There are 3 stations: spot welding, car and weight wall. At all stations you simply follow computer prompts and there is a practice before each starts. Welding is strenuous on shoulders and hands, car is strenuous on legs, shoulders and back for some people, and weights are strenuous on legs and arms. Keeping energized and pacing is the key.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:59 PM

89 posts, read 143,491 times
Thank you so much guys! Good luck to all of you too!!

Old 04-19-2011, 04:07 PM

9 posts, read 18,335 times
I have one question....... Has anyone heard of anyone getting a rejection letter?

Old 04-19-2011, 05:40 PM

201 posts, read 385,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey38654 View Post
My question to those who have called... what is the number to call and who exactly is on the other end? WIN Job Center wasn't helpful at all to tell me who to call and inquire. I had my interview February 1 2011 and have not received a rejection notification or a call to report. Also, what are y'all's opinion as to whether I should call at all or just wait? Please advise whether you have called and were told to NOT call.
I'd advise you not to call. They are working on calling people back as soon as they can. They are bombarded with calls which further slows the process.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:40 PM

241 posts, read 409,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadilly75 View Post
Oh no...that's terrible! But atleast she finished like a trooper! So what exactly do you do I'm trying to get myself mentally psyched for this! Hahaha! What does most people wear for this..I'm assuming jeans and tshirt and tennis shoes would be appropriate.
Yes dress comfortable, no tight pants, HAHA. I did the weights drill first. I was racing with this lady, big big no,no. They are not going by your speed, just accuracy, pace yourself. Remenber they are watching you up close.HINT, HINT. I was making all kinds of faces on the weight drill. The guy next to me was just pressing the next button and was not doing the drill. When we had our break, he realized we were on camera. So just pace with all the drills. The other two drills are not bad at all. MAGIC word PACE yourself, if you don't , you will get tired quickly. SO wear jeans and t-shirt, because there is alot of sweating coming your way. If you can not walk to the mailbox at home without getting tired, don't do it, HAHA.
GOOD LUCK!!

Old 04-19-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTopic84 View Post
I would just have to say, stay strong and don't give up! Work consistently and in a timely manner....I have to go in the morning for my interview....Good Luck to you
Good luck with interview. It's not as bad as you might think. The setting is very relax and comfortable. They are very nice.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh39759 View Post
Day 2: You want to dress comfortably and wear tennis shoes. You will warm up but be sure to wear at least short sleeves. You can't really prepare except to arrive rested and ready for workout. There are 3 stations: spot welding, car and weight wall. At all stations you simply follow computer prompts and there is a practice before each starts. Welding is strenuous on shoulders and hands, car is strenuous on legs, shoulders and back for some people, and weights are strenuous on legs and arms. Keeping energized and pacing is the key.
Did your derriere hurt the next day? I know mine did and I didn't know I had muscles there.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:43 PM

91 posts, read 203,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suvs View Post
Yes dress comfortable, no tight pants, HAHA. I did the weights drill first. I was racing with this lady, big big no,no. They are not going by your speed, just accuracy, pace yourself. Remenber they are watching you up close.HINT, HINT. I was making all kinds of faces on the weight drill. The guy next to me was just pressing the next button and was not doing the drill. When we had our break, he realized we were on camera. So just pace with all the drills. The other two drills are not bad at all. MAGIC word PACE yourself, if you don't , you will get tired quickly. SO wear jeans and t-shirt, because there is alot of sweating coming your way. If you can not walk to the mailbox at home without getting tired, don't do it, HAHA.
GOOD LUCK!!
And focus on SAFETY too - that's a huge thing with Toyota. Example, lift with a straight back. On the weight wall, it will help if you can do squats repetitively. You will have to do this while holding a little bit of weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi