Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 12:21 PM

102 posts, read 174,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadilly75 View Post
Oh man..I was hoping you'd be able to tell me what went on..
Sorry about that bamadilly! Now you can tell me what went on.
I wanted to go ahead and get it over with so I could give my notice at work but now I'll have to wait a week. Oh well. Better than never!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 12:29 PM

102 posts, read 174,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braylesmom View Post
I did my physical yeserday gurl...@ 1:30, & 3:30 they told me b4 i left thar i passed...dont stress, cuz i was and its nothin to it. Wen u get to the job center u wil work up a lil sweat, but nothin too hard i was supposed to do steps up n down to the beat of a pendelum for 3 mins, but my thighs wer begn me to stop lol, they wer literally numb, so i only lasted for like a lil over 2 mins, but those activities are stricly for job placement, they sed. They wer very nice and tryd to make me feel as comfortable as possible...great experiencr...

Advise: practice squats, and seps ar a fast pace, bout 13 to 15 inches. Up and bak down...
Thanks braylesmom!! Very helpful information! Did they tell you what position you will be in or what you might be doing? Or what department even?

Old 09-21-2011, 01:54 PM

51 posts, read 91,429 times
No, no juicy details...i wish they had. All together it took an hour and a half at the first one and about the same at belden, so 3 hours.
And that they would contact me in bout 3 days!!

Old 09-21-2011, 02:20 PM

89 posts, read 143,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallwoman View Post
Sorry about that bamadilly! Now you can tell me what went on.
I wanted to go ahead and get it over with so I could give my notice at work but now I'll have to wait a week. Oh well. Better than never!!!!!

Yeah hopefully they won't call and reschedule mine! I'm ready to get it over with too so I can turn in my notice..hehe! I'm so excited about all of this!

Old 09-21-2011, 07:08 PM

8 posts, read 16,550 times
Whooohoooo!!!! Hubby got the call today while he was at work. He has to get his physical and stuff, and start date is in October. He applied in Feb of this year and interviewed June 23rd. Good luck to everyone and hope you get the call soon!
Meriem

Old 09-22-2011, 12:10 AM

20 posts, read 43,334 times
Thanks great news...they seemed to be calling june and july inteviews...not a theory just from what im reading n hearing..but it definitely not an order....im going to my prayer room for myself and others on this site..my next post will be I got my call until then
...be encouraged...

Old 09-22-2011, 08:05 AM

51 posts, read 109,472 times
Default waiting

Still waiting for a call for my physical, it has been 8 months since my interview and 12 months since i filled out the app..wish they would call I need this job so bad

Old 09-22-2011, 09:23 AM

89 posts, read 143,784 times
Anybody that has been for the physical and functional test...what do you recommend to wear?

Old 09-22-2011, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,203 times
I go to take my day 1 test tomorrow any advise.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:13 PM

56 posts, read 89,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadilly75 View Post
Anybody that has been for the physical and functional test...what do you recommend to wear?
Wear something that is really easy to move in like workout pants and a t-shirt. I would not recommend jeans, especially tight ones. They will do some flexibility test on you so you have to be able to move easily. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi