Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 PM

10 posts, read 26,905 times

Advertisements

I go to employment plus to do paperwork thursday...I'm taking it my drug screening is next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 07:24 PM

91 posts, read 203,876 times
I had my physical January 17th and they just called me Monday or Tuesday requesting medical records (they actually didn't take them from me at the physical). They also said that the nerve conduction test I had at the physical came out abnormal SO they want me to come back in on Feb 17 for a full-out nerve study.

I must say, now that I've interviewed and have done the other steps in the hiring process, I realize that they must still want me to work for them because they are paying for all these tests and those prices per potential employee are astronomical! I just hope I can pass the last nerve test! I REALLY want this. It would be a total blessing for my family and would change our lives!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood2012 View Post
I go to employment plus to do paperwork thursday...I'm taking it my drug screening is next?
Yeah. They will schedule you for a physical and drug screening, provided you complete the paperwork and everything. Prepare to be in Tupelo for about, eh, 2-3 hours or so for the paperwork.

Last edited by mikey38654; 02-03-2012 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: Clarified a fact

Old 02-03-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAE0716 View Post
Congrats, I was told I need clearance on my wrist, appointment on the 17th
I will be there for the same thing on the 17th. They didn't say anything about my wrist, just that the conduction test was abnormal. Like I mentioned earlier, I think they are really still trying to get us in the door because (in my opinion) if they didn't want us after the interview they wouldn't pay for all the advanced nerve tests.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twt1335581 View Post
How do I set up one of these interviews with employment plus? Could someone tell me or message me the number please.
What they told my group when we went in to Employment Plus to sign paperwork (as you've seen mentioned here on the boards) is that they are now pulling solely from the Hiring Pool already established back when Toyota was still using Select Int'l. In other words, most or all of their initial crew are already identified (just not yet called) and they just have to get to your name on the list.

What I'm saying is that if you haven't been called by Employment Plus but you have completed the interview process with Toyota, then if you haven't received a rejection letter you may get a call. Calling them probably won't do anything for you unless they have already attempted to call you and missed you. They do try any alternative number you gave them immediately and they also leave voicemails so there is little chance you will be passed over.

As a side note, I received a letter December 24 (yea, Christmas Eve) that I took to be a rejection letter or a "wait 2 more years" letter but it actually just said I was placed in "the pool" and may be called. Two or three weeks later they had me in Tupelo doing the physical! So if you received THAT letter - that's not rejection, necessarily.

**EDIT: I'm not sure how long it will take but, of course, they will eventually run out of people in this initial Hiring Pool and will begin to take apps from outside again. I could not have any clue when that will be.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:06 AM

45 posts, read 75,125 times
Starting my job with Toyota Monday!!!! Its been practically a whole yr since the whole process bit thank u jesus!!!!

Old 02-05-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola26 View Post
Starting my job with Toyota Monday!!!! Its been practically a whole yr since the whole process bit thank u jesus!!!!
Congratulations!! Hopefully I will be joining you guys and gals soon!

Old 02-05-2012, 09:37 AM

Default so ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey38654 View Post
Yeah. They will schedule you for a physical and drug screening, provided you complete the paperwork and everything. Prepare to be in Tupelo for about, eh, 2-3 hours or so for the paperwork.
They scheduled me for my physical the day after I did my paperwork. They told me I should know something by mid next week...fingers crossed Bcuz this would be a blessing for me.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:38 AM

Default great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola26 View Post
That's wassup...hopefully ill be joining the following Monday. Did u have trouble finding an apt?

Old 02-05-2012, 11:37 AM

45 posts, read 75,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood2012 View Post
That's wassup...hopefully ill be joining the following Monday. Did u have trouble finding an apt?
Luckily i didnt have trouble becuz my sister already had an Apt in tupelo. She is currently working with Toyota. Haveu tried Trace Ridge Apts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi