Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 05:29 PM

201 posts, read 386,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzboyd View Post
Garmon1966 I have a question and it may sound stupid but here goes someone on this forum said that if you didn't pass the computer assessment test that you would have known at the time of testing because the computer would have kicked you out and told you that you did not pass it this accurate informatin or not? I am not doubting what the person said I am just wondering if anyone else knows this to be true or not?
I am not aware of anyone leaving the computer assessment early unless they chose to personally. Everything I have read states that the test is graded by an outside source and then results are given to Toyota officials. so that means no one knows the day of testing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 PM

116 posts, read 208,823 times
Default Testing results

Mizz Boyd,

I took the first test in early December. I do recall that we were informed before starting the test something about the computer notifying you that the test has now ended under some circumstances. I wish I could remember the specifics. Of course some of those people may of finished early and some may of got that notice and exited early, nobody would know but them. I sat on the front row so I could never see what was going on behind me in terms of people getting up and leaving. I also remember the man saying the test were sent off to Texas I think for scoring. That may be where they compare our scoring w/others and interview those that rate at a certain percentage point. Just guessing! I'd like to think if you didn't see that notice come up on your screen you should be in good standing after phase one. Good luck to everyone!

Old 01-03-2011, 06:39 PM

31 posts, read 67,436 times
I know someone who recently took the test and the computer test ended for them. They were told by the proctor that they were "not a fit for Toyota", but even went so far as to suggest applications for suppliers. Didn't get to talk much, but that was the gist of it.

**begin rant**

Now, I LOVE this forum. It is, for the most part, a wonderful and encouraging tool in the job search we are all involved in. I just don't understand the bitterness. Going into this, it seems like some think that this multi-billion dollar corporation is going to bend over backwards to keep every single person up to date on every little thing. With so many applications, they can't possibly! I know the waiting is hard, believe me, I KNOW. But, can it not be somewhat expected? Especially if you are already well into the process? I am on tenterhooks waiting, and my family has so much riding on this, but even I know it won't happen overnight. So we can guess all we want, and complain about the wait, but in the end, everything is going to move on Toyota's time. However, even Toyota's timing has nothing on God's timing. If we keep that foremost in our minds, we can keep this forum the open and encouraging place it has become. I feel like I am friends with nearly everyone on here

**end rant**

Old 01-03-2011, 06:42 PM

I agree w/you totally!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:18 PM

142 posts, read 260,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjob4me View Post
Mizz Boyd,

I took the first test in early December. I do recall that we were informed before starting the test something about the computer notifying you that the test has now ended under some circumstances. I wish I could remember the specifics. Of course some of those people may of finished early and some may of got that notice and exited early, nobody would know but them. I sat on the front row so I could never see what was going on behind me in terms of people getting up and leaving. I also remember the man saying the test were sent off to Texas I think for scoring. That may be where they compare our scoring w/others and interview those that rate at a certain percentage point. Just guessing! I'd like to think if you didn't see that notice come up on your screen you should be in good standing after phase one. Good luck to everyone!

Missjob4me have you have the 2nd phase yet since you took the first test in December? I took mine Dec 27th and have heard nothing and it's worrying me but earlier when I read the forum someone stated that if you did not pass the computer would have let you know and you would have been notified that they were not a fit but I'm not sure if that is the case or not... I am glad for this forum and I too am waiting patiently for the good lord to do his will and until he is ready nothing will happen anyways no matter how quickly we want things to happen it is completely up to GOD

Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 PM

142 posts, read 260,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjeffgray2002 View Post
I know someone who recently took the test and the computer test ended for them. They were told by the proctor that they were "not a fit for Toyota", but even went so far as to suggest applications for suppliers. Didn't get to talk much, but that was the gist of it.

**begin rant**

Now, I LOVE this forum. It is, for the most part, a wonderful and encouraging tool in the job search we are all involved in. I just don't understand the bitterness. Going into this, it seems like some think that this multi-billion dollar corporation is going to bend over backwards to keep every single person up to date on every little thing. With so many applications, they can't possibly! I know the waiting is hard, believe me, I KNOW. But, can it not be somewhat expected? Especially if you are already well into the process? I am on tenterhooks waiting, and my family has so much riding on this, but even I know it won't happen overnight. So we can guess all we want, and complain about the wait, but in the end, everything is going to move on Toyota's time. However, even Toyota's timing has nothing on God's timing. If we keep that foremost in our minds, we can keep this forum the open and encouraging place it has become. I feel like I am friends with nearly everyone on here

**end rant**

Mrsjeffgray2002

I don' think it's bitterness it simply worried people who know they have a family and obligations to attend to and this job could help a lot of us get up on our feet and feel secure in our job situation but we all should just pray and ask god to see us through and he will not forsake us remember that is what he told us.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:40 PM

Everyone is worried, including me. We have been a one-income family for seven months now, and even now, my husband's hours at his current job are being cut back. This is in spite of my job-hunting, even with a degree from a respected four year college. The recession is finally affecting us now that it's over with We have a 7 year old, and a four year old, and found out in November we are expecting another little surprise. So, believe me, I understand about the "bills keep coming". They never stop, you just run out of money to pay them. And, unfortunately, even though there are laws to prevent discrimination, no one is going to hire someone who goes to a job interview looking like they swallowed a watermelon. I am simply waiting, and trying very hard to keep hope up, and help others on here do the same. If my own opinions bother anyone, I promise to keep them to myself. But if it helps anyone to know that we are in the same boat, then I'm glad

Old 01-03-2011, 07:48 PM

Mizzboyd,

I have not heard anything back yet after taking the computer test. I've read every page in this forum and paid close attention to the time between when people tested and when they were called for the 2nd meeting (work day). I'm thinking about 5 wks before I hear something. Having said that I read some that heard back much sooner and a couple who got the call much later. There's probably alot of contributing factors that weigh on when and who they call that we aren't aware of at this time. Until they stop hiring I won't loose hope nor should anyone else. This forum is definetly a big help!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:54 PM

Amen, MissJob! Wait, do what they tell you to in emails and phone calls, and keep up hope until you have a good, solid reason not too I hope my hubby gets hired on and is possibly able to work with some of this forum. The teamwork is great!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:58 PM

mrsjeffgray,

The feeling is mutual and good luck to you and your husband/family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi