Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 02:36 PM

42 posts, read 124,923 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering, what do you guys think of this College?
What is the campus-life like? and do you like the location?
Would you recommend it?

I'm in High School and already thinking ahead about what colleges to attend.
I'm interested in Ole Miss, LSU, or UNCC.

*Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 01:19 PM

152 posts, read 525,419 times
Fair warning, I'm an OM guy and loved it so may be biased but here's a couple points to keep in mind.

Location- Oxford is a great college town. Lots of restaurants, bars, shops, as well as big box places. The square is something to see. Not sure where you're from but you may consider it rural. Its about 75 miles from Memphis for the city life. You have to come and check it out to truly see what its all about. I'm assuming UNCC is Charlotte so you're other two choices are much bigger cities. Just something to keep in mind. Not sure what you'd prefer but Oxford still has that small town feel.

Its an SEC school so sports are pretty big. We still dress up for football games. Greek life is also very big here. I joined a fraternity and its a great way to meet people and build friendships (and it helped me get a job).

Academics are also well respected in the state and surrounding areas. Different departments get different reviews.

A lot of detractors will say there is a snob factor. And that is true- to an extent. Lotta rich kids, lotta BMWs. I certainly don't fit that profile, and it never really was a problem for me. None of the people that I was close with did either.

I recommend checking out the school, the town, and a football game if you visit in the fall.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:45 AM

1,354 posts, read 4,089,634 times
Beautiful campus--if that matters.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:51 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,391,564 times
'Rise again' chant spurned by UM | clarionledger.com | The Clarion-Ledger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi