Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 05:24 PM

9 posts, read 39,585 times

Advertisements

Who wants to share the history of Marsh Island Dr, west of Beachview in Gulf Park Estates? I saw 2 houses via satillite, are they now gone? Was the golf course ever made? Were "lots" sold way back when? Does anyone remember driving along Marsh Island Dr to Banana Dr? I was in the area a yr ago and drove quite far dwn Marsh Isl Dr, but did not see signs of development. Neighborhod history intrigues me. I recently aquired a couple hms further south in Gulf Park Estates. Your experiences or knowledge would be interesting, please share...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 08:20 AM

14 posts, read 60,316 times
I remember when Gulf Park Estates was a sandy winderness. Mr. Pickering and Harry Reeks told me they would build a little town out there around a very ancient twelve foot alligator that we all visited daily. We fed the old reptile on our visits since he had no teeth left and his travels were limited to short distances. He was a very docile creature that we all wished could speak and tell us of his history.
It was hard to believe this gentle giant was ever like the younger gators we aften fought with.
That's all I remember about Gulf Park Estates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi