Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 01:53 PM

91 posts, read 356,555 times

Advertisements

We are on a quest for a home, after moving to coastal Mississippi and we have looked all around Biloxi, Gulfport, Ocean Springs, St. Martin, Pass Christian, D'Iberville, Long Beach, Diamondhead and Gautier. We have an appointment to see a home in the Martin Bluff area of Gautier. We've narrowed down our favorite places to Ocean Springs, Gulf Hills area, St. Andrews on the Gulf area, Gautier and some areas of Biloxi. The Martin Bluff area of Gautier is one area that I've never been to and we are going just based on the picture of the house, the "perks" of the home and the river access. Can anyone tell me anything (good or bad) about that area of Gautier? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 08:56 PM

My bad...Martin Bluff in Gautier is on the Pascagoula River...not on the Singing River.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 AM

Default We moved here and love it!

I didn't get any responses to my question, but moved here anyway. The neighbors right where I moved (can't offer an opinion yet about the rest of the town) are incredible. Several met us as we were getting out of our car, they offered to help in any way they could, they told us they frequently have cookouts and such on the river for the whole neighborhood...have already fallen in love with it and we are just moving in!

Old 12-11-2010, 08:04 PM

6 posts, read 13,358 times
Default Hello Neighbor!

My family moved here this year, too. We were looking in Ocean Springs but then heard the schools in Gautier are a best kept secret. We moved off of Graveline Drive. The homes are gorgeous and the neighbors are all so nice! Thanks for posting.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:57 PM

6 posts, read 15,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle View Post
We are on a quest for a home, after moving to coastal Mississippi and we have looked all around Biloxi, Gulfport, Ocean Springs, St. Martin, Pass Christian, D'Iberville, Long Beach, Diamondhead and Gautier. We have an appointment to see a home in the Martin Bluff area of Gautier. We've narrowed down our favorite places to Ocean Springs, Gulf Hills area, St. Andrews on the Gulf area, Gautier and some areas of Biloxi. The Martin Bluff area of Gautier is one area that I've never been to and we are going just based on the picture of the house, the "perks" of the home and the river access. Can anyone tell me anything (good or bad) about that area of Gautier? Thanks!

The Martin Bluff area is the newest annexed part of the City of Gautier. Some of its good points is "if you golf, you are close to the golf course", if you like to fish or have a boat, you are close to the river, several bayous, and Bluff Creek. The newest grammer school is in that area. You have an access road to Interstate 10. The main road to that area is Martin Bluff Road, which the Mississippi State Highway Dept. is getting ready to widen and improve. Martin Bluff/Hickory Hills area is in Ward 5 of the City of Gautier. If you want real info on that area, you can reach that info at this email address (councilmanward5@gautier-ms.gov).

Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 PM

40 posts, read 70,842 times
Wow, I didn't see the OP two years ago, or I would have endorsed the area whole-heartedly. I used to live on a houseboat located at the marina at the end of Roys Road and that area is a quiet place. When it came time to buy a house, I didn't buy one there only because there weren't any on the market I could afford.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:41 AM

6 posts, read 15,924 times
Check out (GautierCitizen post on Gautier, Ms. posted 3/3/2013) Martin Bluff area of Gautier is as nice a place as anyone could want. The Mississippi State Highway Dept. is getting ready to upgrade the roadways leading into that area. One of Gautier's finest grammar schools is located in the Martin Bluff area, and it is only about 2 miles to the high school, served by the school bus. Some of the best fishing in the south is near on the Pascagoula River system, with its many bayous and lakes. They are doing a $90,000,000 renovation on the local mall, with Walmart building there also. The city of Gautier is in the process of starting a 32 acre town green project, and will be dedicating their theme sculpture "Nature's Playground" on 3/22/2013. It consist of a 42 ft. tall, copper statue depicting local wildlife and sealife, with an 18 ft. long alligator. Things are really popping in the Gautier area. I think you would like living here. I have been here 68 years. I love it. GautierCitizen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi