Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 03:02 PM

7 posts, read 28,473 times

Advertisements

I'm originally from Gulfport, MS (currently living in New Mexico). Have a possible job opportunity in Pascagoula but don't know anything about it. How does it compare to Gulfport? What's the downtown area like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 05:24 PM

1,098 posts, read 3,108,334 times
Across the river in Gautier has some nice waterside and water-access homes and lots. It's not as developed until you get to Ocean Springs which is very nice and an easy drive to Pascagoula.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:19 PM

274 posts, read 998,081 times
i've lived in gulfport when i was in the military. as already mentioned, pascagoula is more spread out and not as developed. last time i was down south, i remember there were a lot of development projects and construction happening around the area so many new places probably have been built since i left (and after katrina).

Old 04-19-2010, 11:10 AM

129 posts, read 361,893 times
There isn't much to report. It's a small town, but not in the charming kind of way. There are almost no restaurants. Almost the only retail brand is Walmart. Businesses have a way of closing very quickly. It's sad, really, because there is so much potential with it being on the water, having lots of jobs, and supposedly a good tax revenue coming into the city. Northrop Grumman employs about 12,000 people with good jobs. Chevron employs a couple thousand with excellent jobs, and no other city around has that kind of strong employment, including Mobile. I recommend living in Biloxi/Ocean Springs or Mobile, AL and commuting to Pascagoula for work.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:15 PM

2 posts, read 8,885 times
Pascagoula is town in Southern Mississippi the population is about 23,692 its the county seat of Jackson County in my opinion its not developed not till Ocean Springs,Pascagoula is an general area to live some parts of Pascagoula is dangerous like Moss Point its neighbor to its North with crimes and violence the schools are strict and you have to wear uniforms like the other I would ask to live in Ocean Springs,Biloxi and maybe Mobile Al since its an 40 Mi commute to Pascagoula
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi