U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 07:01 PM

61,306 posts, read 79,407,193 times

Advertisements

dont get me wrong i love mississppi. however, if you are a working man that daily diet of bacon fat and gravy guna make you a short timer fast. that and the state law no exercise at 26 years old, its a state law.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agredon View Post
I happened across this page while doing a Google search related to some interesting numbers I noticed in the CIA World Factbook. According to the factbook, while males outnumber females [nationwide] 1.05:1 at birth, males are 24% more likely to die in infancy. While boys outnumber girls at ages 0-14, girls outnumber boys at ages 15-64 with the difference being almost identical to the difference in infant mortality. Now, at older ages (65+) the difference is more pronounced because we (males) also die younger (even when we manage to make it past infancy). I noticed on another site that the number of miscarriages is also supposedly significantly higher for male fetuses than it is for female fetuses. For some reason, we just seem to die alot more easily than girls, even when were still in the womb.
Pretty interesting... & I know this thread is old, but thought I might add this... not sure if it still holds true today w/advances in science, but years ago, I was reading about male/female sperm (x/y). Yes, the male produces both, but the female's acidity also has a lot to do w/determining which sperm survive (male/female). Male sperm is supposed to be a lot faster, but female sperm stronger. So w/all that being said, it would also make a difference how close to the female's fertility date the couple had intercourse. The closer to her actual fertility, the more likely the male sperm will make it there first. A day or so before her actual fertility date, the more likely the male sperm will die off & a female sperm will inseminate the egg.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 438 times
Default My Sad 2 Cents

It's money that matters. Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana lack industry and other high profit businesses that GENERATE TAXES. George Wallace took a look at Alabama's school system and immediately bought text books. Look what happened to Detroit. When cars made in Detroit were being bought things were good. When Japan started flooding the United states with cars that were better built we United Statesians bought those cars and Detroit suffered and still suffers. Detroit could have redesigned their cars to compete with the Japanese cars but they didn't care. The resistance to Afro American people in Mississippi was the fear that whites were going to take an economic hit. Soon Afro Americans were going to occupy government office. Now the conglomerates own the farm lands of Mississippi. A high fat diet will kill. No matter if a vegetable is fried in vegetable oil but pork fried in lard is a killer. Fruits and vegetable are expensive and labor intensive but Mississippi has the soil and the climate to grow most anything. High fat content, alcohol, drugs and tobacco are killers. The female of the homo sapien is protected from atheroslerosis by the hormon estrogen which is why females live longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi