Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-04-2010, 10:14 PM
NWS
 
Location: Port Orange, Florida
720 posts, read 1,640,787 times
Reputation: 357

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
I don't need to be fed but I find you seem to have scissors in your hand and deem anyone racist! I never mentioned race but if I do decide, FREE SPEECH !

You may have violated policy by deeming me racist and giving false staements!

My next forum will ask the question of race related issues, see you there!
Who called you racist? Who mentioned race or racist?

 
Old 05-05-2010, 01:36 AM
 
72,800 posts, read 62,114,553 times
Reputation: 21758
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
I don't need to be fed but I find you seem to have scissors in your hand and deem anyone racist! I never mentioned race but if I do decide, FREE SPEECH !

You may have violated policy by deeming me racist and giving false staements!

My next forum will ask the question of race related issues, see you there!
None has outed you as a racist, or at least not in those terms. I am saying that 1950 Mississippi isn't as good a time as you make it out to be. I have to consider historical evidence of that. Jim Crow laws, a 14 year-old getting lynched for making a pass at a White female(not even touching her), in short, my life wouldn't be any good if I was in 1950 Mississippi. You are stating that 1950 Mississippi was better than 2010 Mississippi. I want you to explain how 1950 Mississippi would have been good for ME.
 
Old 05-05-2010, 01:42 AM
 
Location: southern california
61,290 posts, read 87,094,098 times
Reputation: 55549
and now we will have an unbiased non racial conversation about the state of mississippi driven by the OP's utter intellectual interest in the topic.

 
Old 05-05-2010, 08:45 AM
 
Location: 53179
14,418 posts, read 22,369,703 times
Reputation: 14461
I guess it depends who you are asking.
 
Old 05-05-2010, 10:47 AM
 
13,609 posts, read 20,663,092 times
Reputation: 7619
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
None has outed you as a racist, or at least not in those terms. I am saying that 1950 Mississippi isn't as good a time as you make it out to be. I have to consider historical evidence of that. Jim Crow laws, a 14 year-old getting lynched for making a pass at a White female(not even touching her), in short, my life wouldn't be any good if I was in 1950 Mississippi. You are stating that 1950 Mississippi was better than 2010 Mississippi. I want you to explain how 1950 Mississippi would have been good for ME.
I don't often agree with our Pirate friend, but he raises a valid point here. Hell, even Elvis left Mississippi.

Of course nowadays, Morgan Freeman happily lives there.
 
Old 05-05-2010, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Strathclyde & Málaga
2,975 posts, read 8,091,893 times
Reputation: 1867
I don't understand how a place and its people are supposed to move on from the past when people keep bringing up the past? Let it go and move on. Jeez do you not have other things that you could be doing with your time, is it that boring where you are??

This has been covered so many times, I'm even getting tired of these old questions.


Move forward, not backwards.
 
Old 05-05-2010, 01:29 PM
 
72,800 posts, read 62,114,553 times
Reputation: 21758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I don't often agree with our Pirate friend, but he raises a valid point here. Hell, even Elvis left Mississippi.

Of course nowadays, Morgan Freeman happily lives there.
There weren't alot of opportunities in Mississippi during that time(at least not as many as in many urban areas in other states). Elvis left before 1950. He went to the projects of Memphis. My grandparents left too.
 
Old 05-05-2010, 07:39 PM
 
295 posts, read 318,925 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Who called you racist? Who mentioned race or racist?
Okay, you said look at the past "AGENDA" and posts! I guess I only should know what you mean?

Let me ask you, why if you don't like my posts, why do you reply???
Please, NWS, don't reply to me or my posts, okay?

By the way, MISTER, I think race is an issue not here just on EARTH but in our universe, do you not agree? Sorry, you might be of the female Earth species so please negate Mister!

As for the state of MISSISSIPPI, I think by the stats in 1950 will agree with me the state was a better place than today! You surely had what they called LAW and ORDER!

Wait, perhaps being segregated means WHITES were criminals, right?

I don't think so. ALL BLACK MISSISSIPPI lived in houses, went to school, ate in restaurants, shopped and even had their own "ALL COLOREED SCHOOLS" but I that generation is gone. Today Mississippi boasts more elected Black politicians than many northern states so NWS, I was looking for responses from residents of the state to give me their perspective views and maybe I should have not been so direct with years!
 
Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 PM
 
295 posts, read 318,925 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
I don't understand how a place and its people are supposed to move on from the past when people keep bringing up the past? Let it go and move on. Jeez do you not have other things that you could be doing with your time, is it that boring where you are??

This has been covered so many times, I'm even getting tired of these old questions.


Move forward, not backwards.
Yeah, but the AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE TIRED OF YOUR OLD AND OUTDATED STATE FLAG WHICH REPRESENTS A CONFEDERATE PAST!!!
 
Old 05-05-2010, 07:50 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, United States
4,230 posts, read 10,439,508 times
Reputation: 1443
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
Wait, perhaps being segregated means WHITES were criminals, right?

I don't think so. ALL BLACK MISSISSIPPI lived in houses, went to school, ate in restaurants, shopped and even had their own "ALL COLOREED SCHOOLS" but I that generation is gone. Today Mississippi boasts more elected Black politicians than many northern states so NWS, I was looking for responses from residents of the state to give me their perspective views and maybe I should have not been so direct with years!
Wow, is this serious or am I supposed to find this funny in some twisted way?
That "better quality 1950s Mississippi" is the exact reason nobody wants to deal with MS to this day despite how far it may have come since then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:05 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top