Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 10:51 PM

14,418 posts, read 22,367,401 times

Advertisements

My son turns 4 in May and I am looking into some team sports for him. Can you give me some advice. Any team sport would be fine.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 08:52 AM

15 posts, read 57,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
My son turns 4 in May and I am looking into some team sports for him. Can you give me some advice. Any team sport would be fine.
thanks
Its a little past the registration deadline for spring sports that are run by the city, but fall sports will be here before you know it. Check out the City of Olive Branch's website. OBMS dot US, go to parks and recreation, then sports programs which will be on the right side of the screen. Registration begins May 10th for Fall soccer. The city runs a great sports program, you won't be disappointed. I don't think I am supposed to link to websites on here, so hopefully spelling it out will be ok...

Just in case it is ok to link you to it here it is: http://obms.us/sports-programs.html (broken link)

Last edited by tanner08; 04-20-2010 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: add

Old 04-20-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner08 View Post
Its a little past the registration deadline for spring sports that are run by the city, but fall sports will be here before you know it. Check out the City of Olive Branch's website. OBMS dot US, go to parks and recreation, then sports programs which will be on the right side of the screen. Registration begins May 10th for Fall soccer. The city runs a great sports program, you won't be disappointed. I don't think I am supposed to link to websites on here, so hopefully spelling it out will be ok...

Just in case it is ok to link you to it here it is: City of Olive Branch Mississippi - Sports (http://obms.us/sports-programs.html - broken link)

Thanks Tanner, I really appreciate it!
Just curious, do they not offer T-ball or football? Well, I guess not but do you know of anybody that does? Not that it matter so much.
I think soccer sounds fun and it is affordable too.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:43 AM

15 posts, read 57,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Thanks Tanner, I really appreciate it!
Just curious, do they not offer T-ball or football? Well, I guess not but do you know of anybody that does? Not that it matter so much.
I think soccer sounds fun and it is affordable too.
The city does offer t-ball and coach pitch. The local youth football league is held at the city park, but a non-profit organization runs the actual league. At least I believe they are non-profit. Here is a link to it: OBYFCL Home Page

Old 04-23-2010, 09:37 AM

Thanks again, you have been very helpfull!

Old 05-09-2010, 12:50 AM

3 posts, read 8,496 times
dont forget fishing at the park lakes! I never see kids playing badminton, lawn darts, basketball, hopscotch, etc. anymore...all inside playing electronic games..hide and go seek seems to be headed for oblivion...

Old 05-10-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbronson View Post
dont forget fishing at the park lakes! I never see kids playing badminton, lawn darts, basketball, hopscotch, etc. anymore...all inside playing electronic games..hide and go seek seems to be headed for oblivion...
I know! I grew up playing outside all the time. It was back in Sweden and we used to play until it got dark outside. Very safe. Kids were not as heavy either as they are today. I just found this park in OB with the lakes you are talking about. Really nice. My dad and I went fishing a lot growing up and I have yet to take my son.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:15 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,885,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbronson View Post
Because a few kids weren't smart enough to get out of the way of a heavy, sharp object an entire generation has missed out on a great game. But I did find a site online that will sell you the parts along with a video on how to assemble them. Stupid law makes it illegal to sell them assembled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi