U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Thread summary:

Missoula resident sharing opinion on town, too liberal, schools shutting down for lack of enrollment, yuppies with too many dogs and no kids

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 PM
 
495 posts, read 405,813 times
Reputation: 96

Advertisements

For any of you folks out there that are wondering/asking what Missoula is like.
This was the lead/cover story in the local paper. A couple months ago they ran a feature story on a local lady of the night, human interest you know....Anyway you read what you want into it, I'm just point out that this is the kind of stuff/articles that is in the paper and in the new stands around town, which should tell you something about our lovely little liberal maximus town....where the yuppies have more dogs than children and the town is closing schools for lack of enrollment.
I ain't saying nothing about my attitude or opinion, I'm just pointing you to the link.

The Missoula Independent Online - Our Homo Town

By the way that's the newspaper's wording for the link NOT mine, so if you have a problem with it email them......
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2007, 01:21 PM
 
47 posts, read 190,568 times
Reputation: 24
Do you have a personal vendetta against Missoula or are you just another troll?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2007, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Great Falls, Montana
529 posts, read 1,779,246 times
Reputation: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeMan View Post
For any of you folks out there that are wondering/asking what Missoula is like.
This was the lead/cover story in the local paper. A couple months ago they ran a feature story on a local lady of the night, human interest you know....Anyway you read what you want into it, I'm just point out that this is the kind of stuff/articles that is in the paper and in the new stands around town, which should tell you something about our lovely little liberal maximus town....where the yuppies have more dogs than children and the town is closing schools for lack of enrollment.
......

Missoula has always been the "red headed step-child" of Montana, and the article doesn't really surprise me in the least.

You'ld think that gays would get it through their heads that Montana "is not" California or Washington.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2007, 02:49 PM
 
495 posts, read 405,813 times
Reputation: 96
jcbmontana wrote:
Quote:
Do you have a personal vendetta against Missoula or are you just another troll?
Neither of the above, but you already know that....so what's your point ?
I'm perfectly aware that your comment is designed to discredit the messenger(me), It's and old and cheap trick, try it on someone else.


I didn't write the news article, I'm just putting the link to it, the article says what it says, that fact that it's a cover story says something else again about the town. So anyone should feel free to gather their own conclusions, whatever they may be.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2007, 03:16 PM
 
47 posts, read 190,568 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeMan View Post
jcbmontana wrote:


Neither of the above, but you already know that....so what's your point ?
I'm perfectly aware that your comment is designed to discredit the messenger(me), It's and old and cheap trick, try it on someone else.


I didn't write the news article, I'm just putting the link to it, the article says what it says, that fact that it's a cover story says something else again about the town. So anyone should feel free to gather their own conclusions, whatever they may be.

You are not simply "The Messenger" as you state, you have numerous biased posts against Missoula. So I ask again, do you have a personal vendatta against Missoula or are you simply a troll?

Also, don't accuse me of resorting to cheap tricks when the whole purpose of your post is to mislead. The article you posted is from a local art and opinion paper, not a NEWS article as you say.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2007, 03:33 PM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,973 posts, read 24,203,264 times
Reputation: 15587
Isn't there better things to argue over? We all get that this paper is not the main paper for missoula, if I read it without ever knowing the town I would think it was one of those free throwaway papers just from the type of articles on the front page. There is no major paper that left wing, not even in the Kremlin west, the left coast home to communisim berzerkely.

Yes, joejoe takes shots at Missoula, but he also takes shots at cities in the flathead. His way of making people see both sides of towns not just thinking it's heaven on earth here and I think if he can stop one more person from moving here he would be happy.
That's fine, there are many who think like that but don't have the intestinal fortitude to say it, he does and I have to respect that.
Anyway, he's no troll just someone IMO that is tired of the influx of "pie in the sky lookie me I live in Montana,why isn't it more like xxx" crowds.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2007, 03:37 PM
 
495 posts, read 405,813 times
Reputation: 96
jimj - thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2007, 03:59 PM
 
495 posts, read 405,813 times
Reputation: 96
jcbmontana wrote
Quote:
You are not simply "The Messenger" as you state, you have numerous biased posts against Missoula. So I ask again, do you have a personal vendatta against Missoula or are you simply a troll?

Also, don't accuse me of resorting to cheap tricks when the whole purpose of your post is to mislead. The article you posted is from a local art and opinion paper, not a NEWS article as you say.
First off it's not a bias, it's an opinion. Second you're right I do state problems with Missoula, If this was a forum about home cooking, I'd be trashing my own cook. So what....The word 'bias' seems to taken on a new meaning of late,....ie. anything or person you disagree with...well they must be 'bias'....give it break already please, I'm getting tired of the changing the meaning of words we've become so fond of in america lately.
And how you rounded up the word 'vendetta' to use is beyond me, what does that have to do with the price of eggs....?
I'm not misleading anyone - I DIDN'T WRITE THE ARTICLE - CALL THE NEWSPAPER UP IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT ---- gee whiz already........The Independent can be found in just about every store around town right next to, what you would probably call the 'real' newspaper - the Missoulian.
The article is from the Missoula Independent, newspaper, magazine, newsletter, call it whatever you want I don't care, call it a story call it an article, call it news call it a story, call it whatever you want, call any of it anything you want......
Go read the article, like it, don't like, whatever, I don't care.....
Missoula is a goofy town for better or worse or for a bit of both, ask anyone that lives there, I'm sure they'd whole heartedly agree. And most of them make fun of their own town all the time.......so what.
I'm just bring to light just one aspect or character or the town in general. If the article by it's meer presents in a newspaper (if I can call it that) suggest something unintended to some people, or is distaste for to some, or is an uncomfortable fit for anyone wanting to move here......I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I don't make the sun shine or the rain fall either, AND IT"S NOT MY PAPER......I DIDN'T TELL THEM TO RUN THE ARTICLE.....beside the article is nothing but pro gay and very sympathetic to the cause. which I'm sure makes some people very happy - is there a problem with that ?

Last edited by JoeJoeMan; 07-09-2007 at 04:07 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2007, 04:32 PM
 
47 posts, read 190,568 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeMan View Post
jcbmontana wrote


First off it's not a bias, it's an opinion. Second you're right I do state problems with Missoula, If this was a forum about home cooking, I'd be trashing my own cook. So what....The word 'bias' seems to taken on a new meaning of late,....ie. anything or person you disagree with...well they must be 'bias'....give it break already please, I'm getting tired of the changing the meaning of words we've become so fond of in america lately.
And how you rounded up the word 'vendetta' to use is beyond me, what does that have to do with the price of eggs....?
I'm not misleading anyone - I DIDN'T WRITE THE ARTICLE - CALL THE NEWSPAPER UP IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT ---- gee whiz already........The Independent can be found in just about every store around town right next to, what you would probably call the 'real' newspaper - the Missoulian.
The article is from the Missoula Independent, newspaper, magazine, newsletter, call it whatever you want I don't care, call it a story call it an article, call it news call it a story, call it whatever you want, call any of it anything you want......
Go read the article, like it, don't like, whatever, I don't care.....
Missoula is a goofy town for better or worse or for a bit of both, ask anyone that lives there, I'm sure they'd whole heartedly agree. And most of them make fun of their own town all the time.......so what.
I'm just bring to light just one aspect or character or the town in general. If the article by it's meer presents in a newspaper (if I can call it that) suggest something unintended to some people, or is distaste for to some, or is an uncomfortable fit for anyone wanting to move here......I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I don't make the sun shine or the rain fall either, AND IT"S NOT MY PAPER......I DIDN'T TELL THEM TO RUN THE ARTICLE.....beside the article is nothing but pro gay and very sympathetic to the cause. which I'm sure makes some people very happy - is there a problem with that ?
Sorry if I chose my words poorly, but do not use that to discredit my post. That is an even older and cheaper trick than you previously accused me of.

My problem is not with you having a positive or negative view of Missoula. The whole point of my post is that you claim to be "The Messenger" when it is so obvious you have an agenda, that's all. I have no problem with you stating your opinion, I might disagree, but that is my right as well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2007, 07:11 PM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,973 posts, read 24,203,264 times
Reputation: 15587
Hopefully this will end the argument (unless of course it keeps going just because). I think we can all agree that JoeJoe has an agenda, before you blow a gasket joejoe read on....

News flash, just about everyone on this forum has an agenda. You have the group that wants everyone to love this place like they do, you have the group that recently moved here and wants (for some unkown reason) everyone from where they came from to move here, the group that has been here for eons and wants to close the door,the group that moved here and wants to leave and the group that changes it's collective mind from day to day and one last group that wants to close down all open space to human intrusion and build dense row houses in clusters like the city they came from. Did I miss anyone?
Rarely will you find someone that is totally altruistic and doing things just becasue. People are motivated by agenda, either monitary, spirtitual or political so when it comes to conversations and such I have found it best to try to get over it and maybe look at someone else's side.
Bottom line, enjoy the conversations, realize we all live in the same state and we have enough pressure from outside, so enjoy the banter but try to keep it civil.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top