Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 01:01 PM

203 posts, read 495,429 times

Advertisements

Tell us about yourself.

• Occupation?
  • Hate it, like it, love it?
  • What is the best, and the worse?
  • Where is the best neighborhood?
  • The best thing to do?
  • The worst thing to do?
  • Education?
  • Best Bar?
  • Worst Bar?
  • Best Food?
  • Worst Food?
Add anything you like!

Thank you for sharing. Visiting Missoula in 2013. I promise I will behave !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,965,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunkerror View Post
Tell us about yourself.

- snip -

Thank you for sharing. Visiting Missoula in 2013. I promise I will behave !
Then you won't fit in. Visitors are allowed to misbehave a little.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:12 AM

297 posts, read 793,173 times
Occupation? Retired

Hate it, like it, love it? Usually I love Missoula. Often it frustrates me -- the politics, the arguments (probably true in any town, though).

What is the best, and the worst? The best is being able to look out my window or stand in our yard and see the mountains all around me, knowing I can be hiking up them in minutes. The worst is the ridiculously high real estate prices.

Where is the best neighborhood? Do you meant to live? I love our Lewis & Clark neighborhood -- small but solid post-WWII houses, yards that aren't big but aren't too small, being able to easily walk to stores, restaurants, and parks.

The best thing to do? Enjoy all the outdoor opportunities and then relax in a good bar or restaurant.

The worst thing to do? Sit around and whine.

Education? Do you mean what's my education or what's the best school? I have a college degree.

Best Bar? So many! My current favorites are Sean Kelly's pub or Tamarack (The 'Rack) Brewing Company, both downtown.

Worst Bar? A lot of people like the Oxford (the Ox) or Charlie B's, but they creep me out.

Best Food? Depends on what you're in the mood for -- so much to choose from. Again, I love Sean Kelly's and their Irish food. For breakfast we love Paul's Pancake Parlor.

Worst Food? Ruby's Cafe is IMHO way overrated. It's a Missoula fixture but I think it's a dirty, greasy spoon with tasteless food.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:17 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,498,108 times
What? The Dinosaur Cafe in Charlie B's is the best cajun with dash creole food anywhere. I was listening to someone telling their visiting friends it was a dive bar. Let me assure you if you think that is a dive bar you have lived a very sheltered life.
And evidently you do not like brains with your eggs...the Ox is vintage Missoula.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:35 PM

You're right that I don't want brains in my eggs! :-O Yes, the Dinosaur Cafe is good but I don't get a true Cajun vibe from it. That's just me; I know a lot of people love it.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Then you won't fit in. Visitors are allowed to misbehave a little.
I need boundaries, lol define "a little."

Old 08-22-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGyrl View Post
Occupation? Retired

Hate it, like it, love it? Usually I love Missoula. Often it frustrates me -- the politics, the arguments (probably true in any town, though).

What is the best, and the worst? The best is being able to look out my window or stand in our yard and see the mountains all around me, knowing I can be hiking up them in minutes. The worst is the ridiculously high real estate prices.

Where is the best neighborhood? Do you meant to live? I love our Lewis & Clark neighborhood -- small but solid post-WWII houses, yards that aren't big but aren't too small, being able to easily walk to stores, restaurants, and parks.

The best thing to do? Enjoy all the outdoor opportunities and then relax in a good bar or restaurant.

The worst thing to do? Sit around and whine.

Education? Do you mean what's my education or what's the best school? I have a college degree.

Best Bar? So many! My current favorites are Sean Kelly's pub or Tamarack (The 'Rack) Brewing Company, both downtown.

Worst Bar? A lot of people like the Oxford (the Ox) or Charlie B's, but they creep me out.

Best Food? Depends on what you're in the mood for -- so much to choose from. Again, I love Sean Kelly's and their Irish food. For breakfast we love Paul's Pancake Parlor.

Worst Food? Ruby's Cafe is IMHO way overrated. It's a Missoula fixture but I think it's a dirty, greasy spoon with tasteless food.
Great answers! Thanks, The education one was left open, but the answer is good! Thanks!

If I come there in early Spring, do you have a suggestion, or suggestions to what to see at that time. I think it may still be a bit of winter there, by early I mean April/May.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:16 AM

April is icky here. You can have sun one day and snow the next. It's still muddy and/or gray. May can be very nice and I would highly recommend visiting that month over April.

In May, the runoff is going all out so the river through town, the Clark Fork, is really roaring. It's awesome to look at but downright dangerous to be on the water at that time. You can watch the crazy kayakers at Brennan's Wave in Caras Park downtown. Hiking in the mountains can be nice but the higher elevations will still be snow-covered. I'm not sure about the fishing regulations and seasons.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,799,267 times
  • Occupation? Field IT Technician
  • Hate it, like it, love it? Been here all my life now, 32 years. Tired of it and getting out ASAP.
  • What is the best, and the worse?: If your not into outdoor recreation, it gets boring really fast. Unstable and unreliable weather will TOTALLY drive you insane.
  • Where is the best neighborhood? South Hills and Linda Vista area
  • The best thing to do? Enjoying the scenic beauty and recreational fun of area
  • The worst thing to do? Jack squat for computer geeks like me to do
  • Education? Public school system has good teachers, but **** poor funding and superintendent is a total jackass. Mother is a 37 year veteran and totally burnt out as are a lot of other teachers
  • Best Bar? Not a bar person but i'd say Iron Horse for clean and good atmosphere
  • Worst Bar? Any of them in the basement levels
  • Best Food? Mustard Seed, Red Bird, Romeo's, The Pearl
  • Worst Food? Local fast food, especially Taco Bell

Old 01-20-2013, 10:08 AM

AT-AT28, how could I have forgotten the Mustard Seed restaurant? Great place. Iron Horse is a great bar to meet up with friends, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula