Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 11:31 AM

101 posts, read 159,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan551 View Post
I live in the Kalispell area now. We wanted to be somewhere with low crime and that was conservative. It is about to drive me crazy because I came from a city. There is nothing open late, hardly any restaurants, and the people are not the brightest - by that I only mean that it is difficult to work with them and hard to meet people to have intellectual discussions with. We have to hide our political views because the places we work have a lot of liberals and they would probably discriminate. Everyone "young" and "hip" seems to be a liberal nut-job, whereas in the city we knew lots of people our age who were conservative.

We are now considering moving to Missoula, Bozeman or another state. There is also a meth problem in the Flathead Valley that causes a lot of crime, but it's still much safer than cities.
OP - I also am currently in Kalispell. Missoula is correctly called the most Liberal Place in MT, but as has also been noted, you just can't compare Missoula to a bigger metro area like Portland, Seattle, etc.

As to Dems/Liberals moving to MT: IMO, they are moving EVERYWHERE in the US, not just MT! NV (Clark County is bad), UT (SLC metro is more liberal, CO (Denver/Boulder...need I say more?). The Leftists run to more conservative states when theirs collapses socially, economically, etc. and then try to turn the formerly conservative areas into the leftist bastions they left. It's another form of insanity.

With that said, MT, ID and such are still mostly Right leaning/conservative. Even Missoula has plenty of those Deplorable, Bigoted, Right-Wingers who cling to their guns and religion.

Edit: As for meth/drug problems, those are everywhere. From Kalispell to Texas and everywhere in between. It's tough to get away from that. That's why the 2A is so important: So lawfully arm ourselves to protect ourselves and families from criminals. It's a beautiful thing.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:19 AM

91 posts, read 78,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne Cobb View Post
As to Dems/Liberals moving to MT: IMO, they are moving EVERYWHERE in the US, not just MT! NV (Clark County is bad), UT (SLC metro is more liberal, CO (Denver/Boulder...need I say more?). The Leftists run to more conservative states when theirs collapses socially, economically, etc. and then try to turn the formerly conservative areas into the leftist bastions they left. It's another form of insanity.

I'm glad you refer to this as your opinion and not as fact.

Does anyone ever wonder why the leftist bastions of the West Coast and North East Coast are the ones that "suffer" from the strongest economies? While conservative bastions, places like Louisiana and Kansas fall deeper and deeper in to debt?

As for moving into conservative states, people from places that enjoy some level of wealth like to buy property for their enjoyment, Montana has access to national parks, great fishing,..etc. I doubt anyone thinks about converting it to some leftist haven, I'd say thats just a happy byproduct.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:27 AM

101 posts, read 159,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSav View Post
I'm glad you refer to this as your opinion and not as fact.

Does anyone ever wonder why the leftist bastions of the West Coast and North East Coast are the ones that "suffer" from the strongest economies? While conservative bastions, places like Louisiana and Kansas fall deeper and deeper in to debt?

As for moving into conservative states, people from places that enjoy some level of wealth like to buy property for their enjoyment, Montana has access to national parks, great fishing,..etc. I doubt anyone thinks about converting it to some leftist haven, I'd say thats just a happy byproduct.
And this is your opinion. And I can tell a Left leaning one, at that.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:04 PM

8,492 posts, read 8,774,574 times
14 of the top 20 states on household income gave electoral votes to Clinton. And the disenfranchised District of Columbia.

Some people are fleeing some of those states for a variety reasons. And other people are filling their places and usually then some. For all the folks fleeing California, it has about 5.3 million more people than in 2000. Adding over 300,000 net per year. Find your right place or right place to try.

Effective buying power and overall quality of life more important than gross income but they are less accurately understood and are really affected by personal preferences. So people move when it works for them or they think it might or sometimes when it doesn't.

Last edited by NW Crow; 12-21-2016 at 07:26 PM..

Old 07-12-2017, 09:58 PM

3 posts, read 4,460 times
All need to read Protocols of the elders of Zion to understand what is destroying our country.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:42 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,157,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33wishes View Post
All need to read Protocols of the elders of Zion to understand what is destroying our country.
Ahem... the so-called Protocols are a transparent forgery, or perhaps more accurately, a plagiarism. Most likely created by the Marxists of the era, who were in a backroom alliance with the group that a few years later became the Muslim Brotherhood. If you know anything about Islam, all is explained.

The Protocols Of Zion - A Literary Forgery

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Di...nd_Montesquieu

Old 07-14-2017, 05:48 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times
How is that this thread keeps getting resurrected? And by posts that are more and more bat**** crazy?

Old 07-14-2017, 06:32 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,157,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
How is that this thread keeps getting resurrected? And by posts that are more and more bat**** crazy?
Bats colonize dark and abandoned places, and then a buildup of guano is inevitable.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:48 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,526,149 times
Montanans do not fit in to a national political box. There are liberal by Montana standards Democrats who are avid hunters & gun owners. Responsible gun ownership is a commonality among residents across the state including Missoula.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula