U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 01:17 PM

108 posts, read 87,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
I read some about Sweden a long time ago to try to understand the different political system / social community (in comparison to US) and with some thoughts of visiting or perhaps living there (especially west coast cities). But I haven't looked in a long while though besides a bit of news about migration issues in the European Union in general. It changes things when a nation thinks us and them instead of just us. Anywhere, whether the divide is race / ethnicity / national origin or just urban / rural or liberal / conservative politics and lifestyle.

I haven't traveled that way. Other cheaper and easier options in US and Canada have kept me busy and still stuff to see & do more. Lots of travel videos of far away places aren't the same as visiting but so far I have been content enough with that level of exposure. Maybe it will still happen.

Good luck with your plans.
Yeah the situation in Europe/MENA is really crazy right now. Lots and lots of people on the move, many good, but the few bad ones are super bad! It is what it is, one person can't change that but one can move for one's own sake.

We'll see what happens, we're pretty spared up here in the North but problem people are increasing and moving north because of lack of housing. Lucky us, the winters are too harsh and many people don't like small towns.

Thanks for the input, always fun to discuss and get a different perspective!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 12:12 AM

Does anyone know of a good recruiting agency for Missoula area?
Especially one who focuses on Finance people like myself.

I'm starting to think this is a possible way to find employment, it is how I started my working career 6-7 years ago.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:42 PM

1,368 posts, read 2,900,883 times
Missoula is a financial backwater. The stockbrokers have their offices in the Kalispell/Whitefish area. The bankers are in Billings and the few central bankers are at the Fed Branch in Helena or at the clearing office in Billings.

I don't know of many recruiters that focus on finance for Montana. I worked at a local bank many years ago and most loan officers/stock brokers were local people who wanted an office job. No relocation benefits and no temps. Wells Fargo has a major mortgage operation in Billings and are usually looking for people. Maybe try that?

Old 06-15-2016, 08:37 PM

5,402 posts, read 5,025,633 times
Perhaps your present employer mining company has some affiliation with US mining companies or international associations.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
Missoula is a financial backwater. The stockbrokers have their offices in the Kalispell/Whitefish area. The bankers are in Billings and the few central bankers are at the Fed Branch in Helena or at the clearing office in Billings.

I don't know of many recruiters that focus on finance for Montana. I worked at a local bank many years ago and most loan officers/stock brokers were local people who wanted an office job. No relocation benefits and no temps. Wells Fargo has a major mortgage operation in Billings and are usually looking for people. Maybe try that?
I see.
But I notice that I didn't portray what I meant

Since I'm a Controller today, I'd like to work with that. But it doesn't have to be in the financial industry, since all industries need Controllers, Accountants etc.
So an agency that focuses on finding finance people to any industry, if that makes sense

But thanks for the tip about Wells Fargo, gotta look into that and more!

Old 06-16-2016, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Perhaps your present employer mining company has some affiliation with US mining companies or international associations.
Since we are a smaller company, and pretty local, we have mines and offices in Sweden, Finland, Norway and also Ireland but that's about it.
Sure we might have some connections with other mines throughout the world, but not officially.

But I do know that my old employer, Metso Minerals, have an office in Salt Lake City. Also know a few people out in PA, but that's not really interesting. MT or northern ID feels right for us.

Well thanks for the help, I'll keep on looking at Indeed.com and Monster to see what I can find. Good thing we're not in a rush of any sort.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:53 AM

Well long time no see.
We had our baby boy 5 weeks ago so we've been busy with that and not thinking too much about thr future..

But now we're starting to talk about where our son would benefit the most. Up here we do have it nice but I sure dont agree with where people want this country going.
Also have an aging father that Im not sure I should leave yet...

But Montana or northern Idaho still looks tempting.. even looked at Maine for all that green forest hehe..

Well we'll see what happens. If we move it'll be before our son startd school so we have about 5 years to decide..

Old 06-28-2017, 09:11 AM

23 posts, read 19,600 times
It would be much convenient and better for you if you go for a home in areas nearby your working office. It would save the time as well as energy. Missoula is a great place too!

Old 02-26-2018, 07:29 AM

Might be time for an update since it's been a while

In March 2017, we put in my Green Card application and we're expected to move to the US around April/May of this year! So far it has been a long journey, and we still haven't gotten approved! The immigration process is stupid slow, but it is what it is. We're positive so

Right now, we're moving to Salt Lake City since we have family and friends there. This means a shorter way to get settled, to find a job and to get into the system of it all. Lots to think about...
But we will use the first year as a trial and error kind of thing and evaluate where we want to stay. Who knows, maybe we'll move back to Sweden after a year? (we both don't think so, but never say never)

After a year, we will explore possibilities. Do we stay in UT or move elsewhere?
Missoula, Kalispell or Montana is an option. I'd like it because of the greenery and hunting/fishing/hiking.
We have looked into Idaho. Even Minnesota! Alaska would be cool, but I don't want to move from crap weather to another crap weather place. Consider the lower 48 as a loooong ways from the Arctic Circle

Well, that was a quick update.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:46 AM

5,894 posts, read 5,477,064 times
Good to pursue options that interest you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula