U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2016, 11:40 PM

12,073 posts, read 11,628,413 times

Advertisements

This is disgusting. Of all the places to send these people, why Montana?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 08:28 AM

9,867 posts, read 9,025,422 times
It would be nice to know what you are talking about!

Old 09-03-2016, 02:20 PM

8,378 posts, read 14,479,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
Islam teaches that we are infidels who deserve death or subjugation. Every Muslim refugee believes this.
And you know that "every Muslim refugee believes this," how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
51% of American Muslims believe sharia law trumps the Constitution, which means wife beating and throwing gays off buildings is the law for them.
I've seen that statistic before and wondered about it, so when you stated it (with no citation, of course), I did a quick google search. The poll was done by a right-wing organization in the U.S. called the Center for Security Policy. But even other right-wing organizations that publicized this poll state that the question was, “Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to shariah.” That, of course, is not the same as saying that Muslims believe that sharia law "trumps the Constitution" for Americans as a whole. (But of course, your version sounds much more dramatic and scary, doesn't it?)

Source: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/y...nt-sharia-law/ .

And again, the poll was by a right-wing organization, with its results disseminated by other right-wing organizations -- so I am not sure I believe them anyway.

I'm NOT saying the Islamic extremism isn't a problem in the world; I think it is, a big one. And no one who knows me would call me a bleeding-heart liberal. But it would be nice if we could have a discussion about this topic that includes, you know, legitimate sources and citations to back up the incredible things that we post ... ya know?

Maybe that's too much to ask of C-D.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:42 AM

958 posts, read 914,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post

I've seen that statistic before and wondered about it, so when you stated it (with no citation, of course), I did a quick google search. The poll was done by a right-wing organization in the U.S. called the Center for Security Policy. But even other right-wing organizations that publicized this poll state that the question was, “Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to shariah.” That, of course, is not the same as saying that Muslims believe that sharia law "trumps the Constitution" for Americans as a whole. (But of course, your version sounds much more dramatic and scary, doesn't it?)

Source: You'll Be SHOCKED By How Many American Muslims WANT Sharia Law!!! .

And again, the poll was by a right-wing organization, with its results disseminated by other right-wing organizations -- so I am not sure I believe them anyway.

I'm NOT saying the Islamic extremism isn't a problem in the world; I think it is, a big one. And no one who knows me would call me a bleeding-heart liberal. But it would be nice if we could have a discussion about this topic that includes, you know, legitimate sources and citations to back up the incredible things that we post ... ya know?

Check out the pew poll. They were actually trying to show that muslims are moderate, but the results didnt work out that way. Google " pew poll muslim attitudes". Also, the problem with sharia "just for them" does not help muslim women who are teriffied to go against their husbands due to the very real threat of koran-sanctioned domestic violence and rape. Once muslim women become american citizens, they deserve all the rights afforded in our society. Sharia courts, sharia patrols, undermine that in ways my fellow liberals simply havent done their homework on.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post

Source: You'll Be SHOCKED By How Many American Muslims WANT Sharia Law!!! .

Here you go...

Muslim Views on Suicide Bombing | Pew Research Center

Old 09-10-2016, 08:46 AM

Also google "taharrush gamea". Wanna see this game being played in missoula?

Old 09-10-2016, 08:48 AM

And then there is this: wonder how the many feminists of missoula, many of whom probably support relocation, feel about this?

Report on Female Genital Mutilation in Dagestan Sparks Controversy in Russia

Old 09-10-2016, 12:38 PM

3,007 posts, read 2,102,929 times
In regards to this perhaps you are better off in Wyoming.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:51 AM

8,613 posts, read 10,474,569 times
This article actually seems real. So many of these refugee resettlement articles I've read are sensationalist opinion pieces.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:29 AM

9,867 posts, read 9,025,422 times
No, I am NOT "OK with this".
We do not know who these people are, and we have no verifiable way of finding out who they are or what they believe.
Until there can be some guarantee that they are NOT fundamentalist muslim extremist terrorists, I do not believe we should welcome them to our neighborhoods.
Look at the 9/11/01 terrorists. We welcomed them, taught them to fly, and they repaid us with thousands of deaths.
Look at the California shooters. We welcomed them, and look what they did for their workplace!
Look at the Fort Hood shooter. We welcomed him, gave him a responsible position in our armed forces, and look how he repaid us.
Look at the Boston Marathon bombers. We welcomed them, allowed them to go to school, and look how they repaid us.

Until we can "separate the wheat from the chaff", I say we can not afford to welcome them. When we can make a definitive determination who is safe, and willing to assimilate into our culture, live by our Constitution and laws, and learn our language, THEN and only then can we afford to welcome them, and help them become productive members of OUR society!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
View detailed profiles of: