U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-11-2017, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Valley of the Sun
1,702 posts, read 1,402,972 times
Reputation: 2048

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Montana?
There should be plenty of open space there to drive. Just stay away from major cities.
I would never move to the desert as it goes against my grain. I am always hot so I prefer cooler weather.
So you have low end gears for stop light driving
Great for 0-60 runs and I love that big block torque 454 ci or 392 Hemi that pins you to the seat but I don't drive like that much anymore.
I would rather cruise on an open road without having to worry about someone always tailgating me or having to always stop because of the driver in front of me. Drives me nutso and bonkers.
Wherever I move to I don't want to have to deal with stop n go traffic or traffic lights or signals. I get too much of that here in subdivision property and since everyone is moving here like there is some kind of gold rush going on.
Just need to get away from traffic and pedestrian congestion. Stop n go driving is horrible on a car. I would rather not have to deal with expense of wearing out my car and having to worry about the actions of others like here in the San Francisco Bay area.
Well I guess there's always tradeoffs.

You won't be driving a fun car for 6+ months of the year due to weather in Montana. So there's that. Plus many of the bigger cities have narrow roads and far too few lanes for the increasing population. It's not city traffic but it's surely very stop and go in most major Montana cities.

Missoula being one of those.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2017, 02:51 AM
 
Location: San Francisco
3,007 posts, read 2,102,929 times
Reputation: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
Well I guess there's always tradeoffs.

You won't be driving a fun car for 6+ months of the year due to weather in Montana. So there's that. Plus many of the bigger cities have narrow roads and far too few lanes for the increasing population. It's not city traffic but it's surely very stop and go in most major Montana cities.

Missoula being one of those.
No fun cars to drive
Well I guess there will be sacrifices.
Can you tell me if Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailblazer SUV with AWD with SRT V8 or Hellcat V8 supercharged engine will work in Montana weather? What appears to be the most useful vehicle up there?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2017, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,309 posts, read 3,616,066 times
Reputation: 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
No fun cars to drive
Well I guess there will be sacrifices.
Can you tell me if Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailblazer SUV with AWD with SRT V8 or Hellcat V8 supercharged engine will work in Montana weather? What appears to be the most useful vehicle up there?
Overwhelmingly the NISSAN CUBE is the top choice.......with the MR Series Engine, which produces foot pounds of torque slightly in excess of the H.P. Not quite the engine of your Jeep, (SRT V8, 475 H.P. & 470 ft lbs of torque.), but it will get you from Point A to Point B.
In a more serious vain: if you don't leave your west coast life style, culture and associated daily habits behind,________ the end result of a move to an area in western Montana that still represents what Montana "is really all about"........., your move will be an unhappy experience in many ways."
..........."Square pegs do not fit very well in Round holes"!!!
In my 85 yrs of living and working in various types of societies and cultures, my 40 yrs here in Montana have
been the most enjoyable.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2017, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Valley of the Sun
1,702 posts, read 1,402,972 times
Reputation: 2048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
Overwhelmingly the NISSAN CUBE is the top choice.......with the MR Series Engine, which produces foot pounds of torque slightly in excess of the H.P. Not quite the engine of your Jeep, (SRT V8, 475 H.P. & 470 ft lbs of torque.), but it will get you from Point A to Point B.
In a more serious vain: if you don't leave your west coast life style, culture and associated daily habits behind,________ the end result of a move to an area in western Montana that still represents what Montana "is really all about"........., your move will be an unhappy experience in many ways."
..........."Square pegs do not fit very well in Round holes"!!!
In my 85 yrs of living and working in various types of societies and cultures, my 40 yrs here in Montana have
been the most enjoyable.
Great post.

Living in Montana is very much a lifestyle choice. Most there don't care about the car you drive or the house you live it. You live there not for material items.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2017, 04:08 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
3,007 posts, read 2,102,929 times
Reputation: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
Great post.

Living in Montana is very much a lifestyle choice. Most there don't care about the car you drive or the house you live it. You live there not for material items.
That is excellent point made.
It didn't even occur to me and went right by me.
Alot of people think in these terms and may not even realize it.
Many times we don't realize things ourselves and really miss the target.
I know we don't live in a perfect world but would like to think that.
I fully understand what you are saying now and makes sacrifices easier to accept.
I will take this into consideration thanks.
SERIOUSLY this thought didn't even occur to me.
Thanks for the wake up call.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2017, 04:33 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
3,007 posts, read 2,102,929 times
Reputation: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
Overwhelmingly the NISSAN CUBE is the top choice.......with the MR Series Engine, which produces foot pounds of torque slightly in excess of the H.P. Not quite the engine of your Jeep, (SRT V8, 475 H.P. & 470 ft lbs of torque.), but it will get you from Point A to Point B.
In a more serious vain: if you don't leave your west coast life style, culture and associated daily habits behind,________ the end result of a move to an area in western Montana that still represents what Montana "is really all about"........., your move will be an unhappy experience in many ways."
..........."Square pegs do not fit very well in Round holes"!!!
In my 85 yrs of living and working in various types of societies and cultures, my 40 yrs here in Montana have
been the most enjoyable.
I get what you are saying. Don't bring the Republik of Kalifornia with me. That's another point well made here and I fully understand because I don't want to have anything to do with Commiefornicate nevermore. That is going to be left behind me in the DUST.

I don't want to spread that cancer or contribute to what happened to Oregon, Washington and Commiefornicate because the Republik of Commiefornicate didn't use to be this bad 30 years ago. I am sure there are other states I don't know about where the Commies ruined.
Lots of good reasons people don't want a mass exit of these liberals taking up refuge and ruining that old time small town feeling.

I am so tired of these crooked politicians playing games here and pocketing $$$$ for all of this rhetoric they make up for the sheep that let them do this. It's out way way of control now and is TERMINAL.

Don't worry about me. I keep to myself. I don't impose ideas or lifestyles on others. I just want peace & quiet and to be left alone.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2017, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Valley of the Sun
1,702 posts, read 1,402,972 times
Reputation: 2048
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
That is excellent point made.
It didn't even occur to me and went right by me.
Alot of people think in these terms and may not even realize it.
Many times we don't realize things ourselves and really miss the target.
I know we don't live in a perfect world but would like to think that.
I fully understand what you are saying now and makes sacrifices easier to accept.
I will take this into consideration thanks.
SERIOUSLY this thought didn't even occur to me.
Thanks for the wake up call.
And for the record, that Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is pretty damn awesome.

If you buy it, send me some pictures.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2017, 07:15 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
3,007 posts, read 2,102,929 times
Reputation: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
And for the record, that Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is pretty damn awesome.

If you buy it, send me some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Winter Weather in Missoula-2018-jeep-grand-cherokee_100598760_l.jpg   Winter Weather in Missoula-2018-jeep-grand-cherokee_100598762_l.jpg   Winter Weather in Missoula-2018-jeep-grand-cherokee_100598763_l.jpg   Winter Weather in Missoula-unnamed.jpg  

Last edited by nowhereman427; 08-12-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-13-2017, 10:07 PM
 
2,156 posts, read 3,606,860 times
Reputation: 3369
Missoula can be very dry and hot in summer even well into Sept, lots of days in high 80s even low 90s. The smokey air in summer can be a real bummer too. Feels like you are living in a giant campfire. Overall there are a lot of downsides to Missoula weather....Nov-March very cold and gray, and July-mid Sept hot, dry, and smokey air. The smokey air would be one of the biggest things about the weather to give me pause about moving there. Very unpleasant. Your lungs do not feel good after breathing that in all day. I'd worry how much that is going to be a part of Missoula life more and more going forward.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top