Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 03:25 AM

94 posts, read 202,328 times

Advertisements

Missoula City Council with their anti Montana Constitution gun law. They did not even have a real plan to work this out in the CITY and 99% of the FFL people called would NOT do a private transfer sale the way the 'city council' people thought (?!) that they would. The police were ready to enforce the law according to the news since the city council passed this last fall.

MOST of the city council people were just as clueless about the Montana Constitution, gun laws in general, FFL dealers, gun shows, and private sales one year ago as they were last fall.

You can see their comments when they were 'trying' to reword the LAW that they wanted to pass and did pass when they were in one or more meetings. (You can watch/listen to it online too.)

It is online in their City Council meetings and in their public safety meetings.

THIS link below is from our Attorney General. Thank you, TIM FOX.

https://media.dojmt.gov/wp-content/u...nion-Final.pdf

THIS should have been settled last September/October 2016 if not ONE YEAR ago when all of the craziness started and not allowed to even 'pass' in my opinion.

Montana AG: State law prohibits Missoula gun ordinance - KPAX.com | Continuous News | Missoula & Western Montana

So a person who wanted to do an honest and legal private sale would just go to the county to complete the sale or pay $50. or more and TRY TO FIND a dealer (!) to complete the sale IF the dealer was even WILLING TO DO THIS without a larger commission on the total sale $$$ of the gun.

Most of the council people are flaming liberals from out of state or in state who CLAIM that they 'hunt' or own one or a few guns. I don't care if they own a gun or NOT or where they HAIL from but they should know their own Montana Constitution.

If you go to a City Council meeting or pay attention online - they are the most intolerant people around yet they TALK (!) about being TOLERANT and mannerly. Geeze Louise! I think that they are downright RUDE and I am not the only one who says this. Liberals, Moderates and Conservatives say THIS about the City Council. Trust me that you will need some aspirin when you listen to them or when they want to shut you up while they go on and on about 'safety'. YOU can watch their faces and hear their words when it comes to THEIR intolerance of any opinion that does not agree with their opinion.

Meanwhile the Court System and the Judges in MT and ALL Across The Country let the Bad Guys, One Time AND Repeat Offenders, legal citizens and illegal aliens, get a slap on the hand and they talk about criminal justice reform. Ha ha. (They can't even use the proper words when it comes to illegal aliens too.)

They can't plow the snow on most streets and keep on raising taxes for x, y or z but they have to listen and play lap dog to the Moms who have too much time on their hands and other Bloomberg types.

I wonder what Bloomberg paid this local Mommy Group?

Gee, the Second Amendment and the Montana Constitution are NOT about hunting but they sure talk about 'hunting' and tried to make THEIR unconstitutional law work with NO plan!

They did not even set up a CITY simple and low fee plan (NICS) for people who may have wanted to use their new law in the city. And as I said MOST FFL dealers in small and large stores wanted NOTHING to do with this new CITY law when it came to private sales. That was repeated to the clueless deaf ears at city hall at many meetings too. I was not the only person to make calls and ask in person when it came to this issue IF x, y or z FFL dealer would do the NICS CHECK and if they did - what would it cost.

I am glad that the AG made his one sentence comment way back when about this issue but ALL of this should not have even happened.

It took a man from the other side of the state to get an official opinion on this matter.

The only official 'pro gun group' who showed up to talk to the Missoula City Council was a head kahuna from the NRA - western division. He came in from Northern California to help us. I do not have his name in front of me now. Sorry.

Other people spoke up at the City Council meeting including the nice Adams Center promoter, some pawn shop men and ordinary citizens but the only 'pro gun GROUP man' was from the NRA.

I was disappointed to NOT see several pro gun groups there and to not see a lot of Noise made by specific people in this state.

I learned a lot about this issue one year ago and last fall 2016 and it opened up my eyes. I did not see anything mentioned during the LAST election (2016) about Missoula city's anti gun law mess either.

I am glad that our AG took care of this. Thanks again to our Montana AG!

I do fear that these and other anti gun groups want this in the cities and counties ALL ACROSS Montana and ALL ACROSS this nation. They have already made this clear and that is their AGENDA.

Meanwhile the man or woman who claims that THIS stuff can't happen to THEM since they live in the 'COUNTY', boonies, in some so called 'pro gun state' or in any other area of the country better wake up and smell the coffee!

I saw this anti gun garbage when it came to CCW laws with so called conservative (R) leaders and liberal (D) leaders, a R Governor, R townships, R counties and in a very rural area in my former state. I lived in the boonies back there (Great Lakes state.) with my late husband. I was born and raised on the East Coast. That GL state was one of the Top Seven anti ccw states. I used to write a lot about this many, many years ago. It was my late husband's home state not mine. That CCW law has changed back there.

Meanwhile... you should keep an eye on what states are NOT honoring many other states CCW permits and this is increasing if you follow it closely or travel a lot.

Yours in liberty,

Cate

Last edited by CatherineFrances; 01-27-2017 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: Typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 05:20 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
Thanks for the long dissertation on your rant.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:19 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,578,245 times
Missoula is a liberal bastion, and has never been too concerned with following the law.
It wouldn't have done any good for anyone to protest at the meetings. Liberals are very good at not paying too much attention to any viewpoint or Constitutional Law that doesn't follow their ideology.

Montanan's are a pretty pragmatic bunch, so we know that Missoula is Missoula, so we avoid it, and that their laws and beliefs only extend to city limits, so if you want to exercise your Constitutional Right to own a firearm and are unfortunate enough to live in Missoula, just drive outside city limits, make the sale, buy or transfer, and go home.
Easy way around their hyperbole and authoritarian control.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:09 AM

242 posts, read 276,365 times
It didn't use to be until recently though. Missoula is where they try to spread out from. Our county had those clowns trying to palm off refugees from there because they deliberately over-ran their own facilities. That failed, but I see liberals entering the small towns and relocating, trying slither into the town-hall power structure etc.

You have to spot them and call them out repeatedly. Don't back down, be firm and blunt. Don't make a place welcoming to them or they'll pull the carpet out from under you and before long your next generation will feel the burn.

MT's gun rights are pretty fantastic, but the gun scene is fairly quiet. People are still into hunting rifles rather than Military Surplus ones so that's one that they'll try to go after in the next 5 - 8 years. Washington State is already doing this (attempting to).

The state-wrecking moves they made in Missoula were closing down the sawmill and the papermills. While not the most pleasant of places to work, they attract a different breed of character. A rough-hewn type that was part of those that helped build the state. Once they shut down the medium to heavy industry, the void it left was one that the liberals flooded into with their businesses of cannabis accessories, tourist industries, coffee shops, dog salons, and other mickey-mouse enterprises.

This is going on across Montana in various guises. They have stabbed the mining and logging industry in the back and it will come back to haunt them darn soon if they aren't careful. If you get rid of a blue-color workforce and city, then re-engineer it to a university city, expect liberals to soon take over.

Kalispell, Whitefish etc. These are other places that lost their pioneering and mining heritage etc. Maybe it'll turn around with Trump in charge, but who will restore the businesses and industry to the state? I don't see it from the clown governor they elected.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:40 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,372,852 times
Clown governor? He's less of a clown than the last one. Maybe the next gov will be even less clown-ish, and Tester will come home too.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:44 AM

1,082 posts, read 833,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-White-Baron View Post
It didn't use to be until recently though. Missoula is where they try to spread out from. Our county had those clowns trying to palm off refugees from there because they deliberately over-ran their own facilities. That failed, but I see liberals entering the small towns and relocating, trying slither into the town-hall power structure etc.

You have to spot them and call them out repeatedly. Don't back down, be firm and blunt. Don't make a place welcoming to them or they'll pull the carpet out from under you and before long your next generation will feel the burn.

MT's gun rights are pretty fantastic, but the gun scene is fairly quiet. People are still into hunting rifles rather than Military Surplus ones so that's one that they'll try to go after in the next 5 - 8 years. Washington State is already doing this (attempting to).

The state-wrecking moves they made in Missoula were closing down the sawmill and the papermills. While not the most pleasant of places to work, they attract a different breed of character. A rough-hewn type that was part of those that helped build the state. Once they shut down the medium to heavy industry, the void it left was one that the liberals flooded into with their businesses of cannabis accessories, tourist industries, coffee shops, dog salons, and other mickey-mouse enterprises.

This is going on across Montana in various guises. They have stabbed the mining and logging industry in the back and it will come back to haunt them darn soon if they aren't careful. If you get rid of a blue-color workforce and city, then re-engineer it to a university city, expect liberals to soon take over.

Kalispell, Whitefish etc. These are other places that lost their pioneering and mining heritage etc. Maybe it'll turn around with Trump in charge, but who will restore the businesses and industry to the state? I don't see it from the clown governor they elected.
This is just a REALLY good and informative post. I moved my wife and two kids up here for the summer to take a ranch and horse training with a local guy. We had the intention of making it a permanent move, but I am quickly seeing that I left one leftist puke state and landed in another. It makes me sad and angry to a point. Yes, I should have researched more, but I thought since we were outside of Missoula by 30 miles, we could avoid the townie, Subie-drivign pukes that wrecked California and are slowly doing so in many other places.

I am not sure where it leaves us right at the moment. We just may have to get used to it for awhile...as in months, not a lifetime. We will see.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:41 AM

347 posts, read 521,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
This is just a REALLY good and informative post. I moved my wife and two kids up here for the summer to take a ranch and horse training with a local guy. We had the intention of making it a permanent move, but I am quickly seeing that I left one leftist puke state and landed in another. It makes me sad and angry to a point. Yes, I should have researched more, but I thought since we were outside of Missoula by 30 miles, we could avoid the townie, Subie-drivign pukes that wrecked California and are slowly doing so in many other places.

I am not sure where it leaves us right at the moment. We just may have to get used to it for awhile...as in months, not a lifetime. We will see.
Missoula is the leftist puke capital of Montana.....with Bozeman not too far behind it.....and maybe even Billings, unfortunately. But the rest of Montana, which would be most of Montana, is certainly not leftist, especially Eastern Montana. Places like Missoula are where all the Californians and hipsters are moving to. You sure as well don't have to deal with those people in places like Miles City. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula