U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 05:42 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,986,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriact View Post
My husband and I are flying into Spokane and driving to Missoula in a couple of weeks. It’s definitely cheaper than flying into Missoula, especially since we’re using Southwest points (and they don’t fly into Missoula).

I've gotten spoiled by American. I think Missoula is only Alaska and United...

Alaska is great but when my employer books me on United I feel like taking the bus.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 06:30 PM

6,312 posts, read 10,374,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landongoff View Post
I will have my nursing compact license, so I am able to work in many different states (Montana is one). I would prefer to stay away from Washington and Idaho. I like the location of Montana.. and being surrounded by mountains in Western Montana sounds nice. Furthermore, I will be pursuing my education further to become a Nurse Practioner, while being an RN. I am very excited and hope to enjoy life before having my own family. My girlfriend and I will definitely be visiting soon, during the winter! Flights are pretty expensive as I have checked, but I am not worried if it is a location worth going to!

Why not Idaho? Is it possible that you don't know much about the state, North Idaho in particular? It is generally the same type of geography as Northwestern Montana. You're surrounded by mountains, with wide rivers and deep lakes added to the picture. I would also suggest flying into Spokane, because it is much cheaper than Missoula. Then, on the way to Montana on I-90, you'll be going through Coeur d'Alene, Kellogg, and Wallace, and that will give you a quick intro to North Idaho. Coming back to Spokane you should travel west on Highway 200 along the Clark Fork River through Thompson Falls and Noxon into Idaho, and along Lake Pend Oreille to Sandpoint, and back to Spokane by way of 95 and 90. Then you will be able to decide whether, in the future, you'd still prefer to stay away from Idaho!

Old 08-19-2019, 04:55 PM

Clark Fork, you forgot to mention CdA stays about twenty degrees warmer in the winter, and has the Spokane job market.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:04 AM

6,312 posts, read 10,374,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Clark Fork, you forgot to mention CdA stays about twenty degrees warmer in the winter, and has the Spokane job market.

Hey Dave, I have to leave some of the good stuff for you to mention!

Old 09-04-2019, 08:03 AM

3,177 posts, read 2,207,172 times
North Idaho, the Panhandle has lots of snow.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:21 AM

9,872 posts, read 9,125,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post

So does much of Montana. That is why I have two ATV snowplows; one straight blade, and one DOT style tapered blade.
I just might buy a small snow thrower to add to the anti-snow arsenal this year.
I also have two snow shovels and several brooms.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post

Yes, in the years that I was keeping track, North Idaho got nearly double the snow as Missoula or Bozeman. However, it does stay warmer, just damper in North Idaho and the snow takes longer to melt off because of the lack of direct sunlight. I've seen snow melting at 15 degrees and sunny, while with cloud cover it won't melt at 32... at least not noticeably.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:35 PM

Much more snow in the north ..

Old 10-05-2019, 11:37 AM

3 posts, read 1,699 times
Is Missoula friendly? If you are just passing through. They just want easy money. Missoula does not want to deliver the basics that most cities and residents take for granted. This attitude of indifference wears on a person and compromises health. I never have lived in the South, though a friend told me they will be friendly to visitors yet don't want visitors (outsiders) putting down roots. If you are a born and bred 3rd Generation Missoulian, you are welcome to live here. This is a land of nepotism and favoritism rather than merits. Most things are substandard in quality since someones brothers wifes cousin just had to have a paycheck and it had to be a lot of money. I wonder at the luxury many locals here have is possible due to illegal activities as there is not a lot of opportunity nor is there innovation. Missoula is a good pit stop yet I would look for somewhere else to start a family. I have a friend whose parents came from California over 30 years ago and my friend still feels like an outsider.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Lord Christ Jesus View Post
Is Missoula friendly? If you are just passing through. They just want easy money. Missoula does not want to deliver the basics that most cities and residents take for granted. This attitude of indifference wears on a person and compromises health. I never have lived in the South, though a friend told me they will be friendly to visitors yet don't want visitors (outsiders) putting down roots. If you are a born and bred 3rd Generation Missoulian, you are welcome to live here. This is a land of nepotism and favoritism rather than merits. Most things are substandard in quality since someones brothers wifes cousin just had to have a paycheck and it had to be a lot of money. I wonder at the luxury many locals here have is possible due to illegal activities as there is not a lot of opportunity nor is there innovation. Missoula is a good pit stop yet I would look for somewhere else to start a family. I have a friend whose parents came from California over 30 years ago and my friend still feels like an outsider.
Considering that Montana has a low minimum wage of $8.30 - $8.50 per hour they depend on tourism and need the $$$$ for their cost of living. The houses for sale there aren't the lowest in cost around.
So you are saying that people in Montana aren't friendly to outsiders especially to newcomers who move in from other states?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula