U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:51 PM

7 posts, read 50,678 times

Advertisements

Not state confused! From Arizona, living in Montana, moving back to Arizona, which you would know if you read more than my last post.
Most people from Montana that I meet in Arizona are natives of Montana looking to escape the cold. I find your rationalization for the Montanans moving to AZ hilarious: Montanans can invade other states to escape the cold because they "put in their dues of harsh winters and probably deserve a break" while Californians etc. can't move to Montana to escape overpopulation, taxes, and high house prices. Are those coal bed methane fumes starting to get to you?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 06:28 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,034,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Well I never was one of those well off people who spent their whole life in California.
I originally left when I was 16 and I traveled via my right thumb. After living in Washington, Nevada, Idaho, North Carolina, and back in California, I somehow ended up in Montana.
The last 8 years spent in California before moving to Montana was spent living on a 30 foot sloop. If it wasn't for my boat I would have been homeless. No credit cards (Don't believe in them !) and only an 85 Toyota truck. The truck is still my only motor vehicle (I had to sell my thumper) and it still goes back and forth across the Rockies with 355,000 miles on it.
I will never sell this truck no matter how many parts fall off of it !

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - rig and cactus
It doesn't matter where you started from. Your love for that truck shows a real "Montana attitude". If you had a "California attitude" you would have traded it a long time ago for something with more cupholders.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:16 PM

6,023 posts, read 12,652,704 times
The truck is part of the family !

Old 07-16-2008, 08:59 PM

5 posts, read 17,723 times
I am from Loleta, it is in the Eureka area. We just want out of the Eureka area, it is the arm pit of California.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:50 PM

I think you could find other places in California that deserve that title more than Eureka !
Try Fresno !

Old 07-16-2008, 11:44 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,034,509 times
Quote:
I think you could find other places in California that deserve that title more than Eureka !
Try Fresno !
Sorry, "armpit" is the wrong anatomy. If God were going to give California an enema, He would stick the tube in Fresno.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:55 AM

155 posts, read 666,130 times
outahereee said:

"Not state confused! From Arizona, living in Montana, moving back to Arizona, which you would know if you read more than my last post.
Most people from Montana that I meet in Arizona are natives of Montana looking to escape the cold. I find your rationalization for the Montanans moving to AZ hilarious: Montanans can invade other states to escape the cold because they "put in their dues of harsh winters and probably deserve a break" while Californians etc. can't move to Montana to escape overpopulation, taxes, and high house prices. Are those coal bed methane fumes starting to get to you?"

Not saying Montanan's in general, but the retired farmers/ranchers. These are a few couples which I know who travel to AZ in the winter. I personally feel like they have put in their dues here, just my feeling if you think that I am trying to justify anyone jumping from place to place your wrong. That is an entire other story, and when it comes to Californians.... if that is why they are escaping Cali then fine, I just don't like anyone changing the state. I personally don't care if people move here from any of the other 49 states, just don't change MT. Don't judge me by comments on here if you knew me better you would know that one of my best friends was born and raised in Cali and one was raised in Texas. I give them a hard time but it is all fun and games. Coal bed methane where did that comment come from? Montana is not the only location with coal?

Old 07-17-2008, 12:40 PM

1,687 posts, read 5,581,194 times
Quote:
Try Fresno !
Although Fresno is now safer than many places in California. For example it is no longer among the top 10 in the US for car theft. And murders are lower in Fresno than places like San Francisco.

2008 homicides to date
San Francisco (population about 800,000) has 58 murders this year.
Fresno (population roughly 485,000) has 22 murders this year.

Other places in California may need Fresno's old reputation.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:21 PM

I know the rest of the state is getting bad also. I just can't forget the time when my dog was stolen out of my car while stopping in Fresno for gas. I saw my dogs ears sticking up over the back seat as the thief drove away with him. I was in the john and I should have locked the doors.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:34 PM

1,687 posts, read 5,581,194 times
Fresno WAS bad in the late 1980s and much of the 1990s. But the city has changed over the last 5 to 10 years.

Fresno's crime is now at a 45 year low, back like it used to be in the 1950s and 1960s. Not many places in California can say that.

It is a larger city so there are still pockets that are bad, but not the whole city anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula