U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 09:10 PM

22,973 posts, read 24,155,942 times

Advertisements

Ya know, I've always wondered how those buffets afford to put out the seafood they do considering the cost of it... The one in missoula has had clams,oysters,muscles,sushi (not very good but sushi just the same),crab (real not with a "K"),cod and some others. I just don't get how they do it.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 11:44 PM

110 posts, read 294,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman3seven View Post
Texas BBQ? Seriously? Not in MT! I wish...
Any good bbq!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:57 PM

24 posts, read 59,206 times
I'd add Rubys to the China Buffet. Good little diner, basic food, not skimpy on their portions, friendly, mostly always busy. Pauls Pancakes is in the same general area. A little higher prices but enormously popular. Again, good solid diner food. Burgers, sandwiches, fresh-made soups, chili (Montana staple!), hot roast beef sandwich with a veggie, chicken and dumplings, etc. I can barely put away 2 of their buckwheat pancakes-they're the size of the plate!

Old 03-15-2009, 10:46 AM

6,023 posts, read 12,603,063 times
El Cazador on Brooks Is an OK Mexican place. It's not real pricey and many of the items are classic Tex Mex type of food. One thing I thought odd about the place is that the so called shredded beef is some sort of meat goo. Very gooey meat paste or something. It's OK if you happen to be in the neighborhood and you happen to be craving Weird meat goo ! If one wants a diner with regular diner style restaurant food there is Finnegans. It's like Denny's but for less $.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:20 PM

7,826 posts, read 13,436,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ya know, I've always wondered how those buffets afford to put out the seafood they do considering the cost of it... The one in missoula has had clams,oysters,muscles,sushi (not very good but sushi just the same),crab (real not with a "K"),cod and some others. I just don't get how they do it.
Cuz it's not all that expensive in bulk. It's the packaging and cold storage that hike prices up.

The local Chinese buffet (Lancaster CA, sorry droolers) has pretty much the same assortment plus a Mongolian grill... all you can eat for something like $8 lunch or $10 dinner. I eat ONE bite of everything I like (maybe a third of the offerings) and a bowl of egg-drop soup and still go away stuffed.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:54 PM

You guys are making me freaking hungry and since my doctor yelled at me I am now relegated to a life of spinach and broccoli. Oh screw it, I'm sneaking out for a cheeseburger after my wife falls asleep !

Old 03-16-2009, 02:59 AM

305 posts, read 805,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Oh screw it, I'm sneaking out for a cheeseburger after my wife falls asleep !
Did The Main Drive In open up yet??? Getting close to that time of year..

Old 03-16-2009, 10:28 AM

Not yet but I don't really eat at that place much. I bought one of their cheap burgers and it looked like an elephant stepped on it. It was 1/8 of an inch thick and tough as shoe rubber. The Keg is way better and all their burgers are flame broiled now. The keg also has seasonal car hop service in the back parking spaces with the speaker stands. The keg also has tasty fish n chips, Cod not Pollock.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:41 PM

24 posts, read 59,206 times
Oh yeah, my girlfriend informs me I have to add K. T.s Hayloft in Lolo-just down Hwy 93 S a bit from Missoula. I haven't eaten there but she's a fidder with a bluegrass band that always stops there to eat when they have a gig that direction. She says good food, decent prices.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:12 AM

369 posts, read 1,348,335 times
I forgot one:

COSTCO has the best pizza at the best price per slice; or you can have a bratwurst and soda for $1.50. Try to beat that!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula