Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 09:20 PM

1,640 posts, read 3,654,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
another victim of Wal Mart's dominance....

I would love to know the history behind ole Ben Turner's Store
Quote:
yikes!! I don't know if the daycare thingy would work out too well as the front door is just a few feet away from the edge of the Finley river.

maybe you could offer kayak or fishing lessons
Well, I guess you solved the mystery all by yourself, Jammer!
Ummm...let me think......I'm guessin' the store closed after ONE TOO MANY FLOODS!!!

Ya THINK???!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
I love that kind of stuff. The mail box in the middle of the road. What a great picture.
Quote:
hah! MrsG, that is a great pic!
Thanks, guys!

Quote:
I wish I could figure out what happened the other night. It was almost 9pm and I looked out a window in the back of the house and there was a weird orangish glow going on outside. I'm thinking WTH(eck) ?? It should be dark as the sun went down awhile ago. So I go out front and it looks like the sun is at high noon behind all of these clouds. I have no clue what this was all about but I took this pic of the cloud formation from my front yard. Again, this was almost 9 o'clock in the evening but it was light as day outside!

this was taken looking due south...
That is absolutely amazing, Jammer! You ought to send that to the KY3 so they can use it on their weather report! I keep thinking of sending one but haven't done it, yet.

I went to KY3.com just now and clicked on "Submit Your Viewer Photos" on the left column. It opened this page: KY3 - Weather Photo Gallery - Submit Weather Images! (broken link) where you can fill out the form and upload it right there.

Go for it! If you do it, I will!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:40 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,633,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Well, I guess you solved the mystery all by yourself, Jammer!
Ummm...let me think......I'm guessin' the store closed after ONE TOO MANY FLOODS!!!

Ya THINK???!!!
MrsG...c'mon kiddo see that diversion channel that goes over the road a bit past the building in this pic:

heh heh ...ain't no way this lil goofy building has been flooded, you can tell by the area around it. My guess is that the Bud guys could never find the place sooooo...POOF...outta business!! hmmmm ....maybe it was the lack of parking?? YA THINK??

Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 PM

Lightbulb I've seen the light!

Quote:
MrsG...c'mon kiddo see that diversion channel that goes over the road a bit past the building in this pic:

heh heh ...ain't no way this lil goofy building has been flooded, you can tell by the area around it. My guess is that the Bud guys could never find the place sooooo...POOF...outta business!! hmmmm ....maybe it was the lack of parking?? YA THINK??
Hmmm...(rubbing chin here)...I see your point!

Okay, you win!

Old 07-12-2007, 05:53 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,339,993 times
Im trying to locate a picture ... we have little houses like this .. In the Mississippi near my home. One is by the bridge going to Kampsville Illinois.When My son was little he use to always joke hey mom lets swim out to that house and see whats inside. ... Maybe thats the Illinois river .. anyway its in one of these rivers by me.

I dont think they were actual stores so to say.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:09 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,550,697 times
LOL LOL Da Jammer ....Your sooooooooooooooooo SMART. No Parking!!!
Your so Good Detective.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:03 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,339,993 times
I went through the NEXT version of the pics .. nice shots ..beautiful area.

How often does it hit - 8 around you?

Your area looks similar to my area that I live at now. Our taxes are ridiculous and they have put a HOLD on our tax bills this year (should of been paid already) because they have not decided how much the taxing factor is going to be for certain things. I live in the LAND of the Organized Political Criminals!

We moved 1 of our tractors before ..cost us aprox $600 to movie it ...
If you move are you going to move your green toy?

Old 07-12-2007, 09:49 PM

Thumbs up Great pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjr View Post
Here are a few pics of our summer upstate NY property. The first one shows the temp. over the winter and the reason why we are thinking of retiring to a more moderate clime.
Those are beautiful pictures, arjr! I bet you love it alMOST all year long! Even here, the trees look like yours in the winter...but the snow is an event...not a season! And cold? Well, you already know that it doesn't begin to hold a candle to YOUR cold weather so even if WE think it's cold, YOU will probably feel like leaving your coat and taking a jacket, instead!

At first, I wondered why you would want to leave that beauty but then, I thought of your winters and I couldn't change my mind fast enough! Hahahaaa!

Thanks for sharing them!

MrsG

P.S. Even though I'm a CA transplant, I moved from the mountains and couldn't believe how HOT they kept all of their buildings here last winter! I was peeling layers of clothing off everywhere I went! Definitely wear layers around here!

Old 07-12-2007, 10:25 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,561,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Those are beautiful pictures, arjr! I bet you love it alMOST all year long! Even here, the trees look like yours in the winter...but the snow is an event...not a season! And cold? Well, you already know that it doesn't begin to hold a candle to YOUR cold weather so even if WE think it's cold, YOU will probably feel like leaving your coat and taking a jacket, instead!

At first, I wondered why you would want to leave that beauty but then, I thought of your winters and I couldn't change my mind fast enough! Hahahaaa!

Thanks for sharing them!

MrsG

P.S. Even though I'm a CA transplant, I moved from the mountains and couldn't believe how HOT they kept all of their buildings here last winter! I was peeling layers of clothing off everywhere I went! Definitely wear layers around here!
I keep the thermostat inside my house at 65F in the winter and it does not feel cold to me at all. The winter temperatures are not that cold at all in the winter anymore with global warming. The temperatures close to the KC metro are even warmer because of the urban heat island. The only time I switch the indoor temperature to 70F is when it gets colder than 0F outside which does not happen that often at all according to my digital weather station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri