U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 11:07 AM

792 posts, read 1,698,334 times

Advertisements

Ok, so we're new to Missouri, and I'm on a 'Mission From God' to find restaurants that offer 'Fried Pickles' on their menus.

We were first introduced to these wonderful appetizers during a visit to North Carolina, and I immediately fell in love with them. They are similar to Fried Zucchini or Fried Mushrooms, etc.. They are battered & fried and ya just dip 'em in some Ranch Dressing or other sauce of your choice, and they are TO DIE FOR!!! But they HAVE to be Dill.

We've only been in MO for 3 weeks, but I did find 1 place that offers them. It's the 'Maple Street Grill & Saloon' (http://maplestreetgrill.net/default.aspx - broken link) in Buffalo, MO. It's a decent sized restaurant with a Western feel to it. It's got a full bar too....for those who partake.

Does anyone else know of where one might find 'Fried Pickles'??? If so, please post the information here. That way, we'll all know. And for those of you who haven't ever tried 'Fried Pickles', give it a try...you just might like 'em.

To those of you here that are Restaurant Owners or Managers...PLEASE consider adding them to your menu. If you serve fried items, the only additional cost will be the cost of the sliced pickles. You never know...they just might be a big hit.

Thanks for reading. I hope to hear good news.

Happy Eating,
Boof

PS: I have NO affiliation to the above named restaurant, and, I posted this thread to the MO forum since MO is where my search if focused. Admin: If this was incorrect, please let me know. Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 12:22 PM

38 posts, read 248,531 times
If I am not mistaken, Bandana's BBQ offers them. They are a chain restaurant.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:04 PM

4,679 posts, read 11,105,976 times
Check out Missouri Restaurants for Dining in Missouri for menus & listings of various areas.

I can't stand pickles, fried or otherwise, or for that matter okra, mushrooms, zucchini, or... , but do recall seeing them at brew pubs in Springfield and in Cape Girardeau, and in a restaurant in the Bonne Terre area [where lived for few years]. For example, using the above site:
Springfield Brewing Company Restaurant for Dining in Springfield, Missouri (http://www.restauranteur.com/springfieldbrewco/index.htm - broken link)

Old 07-01-2007, 03:53 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,009,128 times
my dh makes them home made ... I dont care for them either ... but he does!

Sonic Drive In offered them for awhile here where we live ..they might still have them.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:58 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,150,243 times
"In Search Of Fried Pickles!" hah! i thought this was a title to some lil kids video! Heck I'll try darn near anything so if I come across these out here I'll give em a whirl.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:09 PM

Thumbs up Thanks!!!

deadliestformula,
Thanks for the tip on Bandana's. I'll check it out. It'll be interesting to compare.

ShadowCaver,
As always, johnny on the spot with good info. I'll check out the links and see what I can come up with. That's great!!! Thank you for giving me a starting point.....most helpful indeed.

2beamissourian,
If you'll just give me your address, I'll be right over. I'll bring the fixin's and your DH can show me how he does it. hehehe It never would have occurred to me that Sonic might offer them. We have one in town...next time I'm out, I'll stop by for a gander at the menu. Thanks

da jammer,
Glad to hear you're the adventurous type. Let me know what you think of 'em. And don't forget to tell me where you found them.

Thanks to all of you. Hopefully we'll have more people chime in and then it'll be time for a Road Trip!!! Woooo Hoooo!!!

Until Next Time,
Boof

Old 07-01-2007, 07:17 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,126,241 times
Fat and Happy has them, on North Main Street in Joplin. For those on a health kick, try the fried broccoli as well! (doused in the same batter and artery-clogging fry oil). MMMM MMMM GOOD!

Old 07-01-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post
Fat and Happy has them, on North Main Street in Joplin. For those on a health kick, try the fried broccoli as well! (doused in the same batter and artery-clogging fry oil). MMMM MMMM GOOD!
Now you have my mouth watering...Mmmm is right! We're not too far from Joplin. I DEFINITELY think it's time for a road trip!!! Thank you very much.
"Honey......get the keeeeeys!!!!"

See, you all are great! Do you know how long it would take someone to find this type of information on their own. ^^^^^5 to you all!!!

Hungry & Drooling,
Boof

Old 07-02-2007, 08:20 PM

318 posts, read 676,955 times
I haven't been online here in a few days, and my friend in CA said you got to go online and check the fried pickle thread.

You can come visit the little downtown Joe's Diner in Strafford. It is a small mom and pop kinda place. Not sure of the street it is on, but it is located at the end of Strafford's football / baseball fields. Take exit 88 from I44, go south to first street on right, just before the gas station and it will be there on your right. (I sound like a true Missourian, never knowing the street name, but give a landmark) ;o)

They have a small menu for food and they have great ice cream to go with the pickles. My family go and get our shake of choice, deep fried pickles w/ranch and french fries. My daughter doesn't like the pickles. For the rest of us, they are MMMMmmmmmm GOOD!

Old 07-02-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4inMO View Post
I haven't been online here in a few days, and my friend in CA said you got to go online and check the fried pickle thread.

You can come visit the little downtown Joe's Diner in Strafford. It is a small mom and pop kinda place. Not sure of the street it is on, but it is located at the end of Strafford's football / baseball fields. Take exit 88 from I44, go south to first street on right, just before the gas station and it will be there on your right. (I sound like a true Missourian, never knowing the street name, but give a landmark) ;o)

They have a small menu for food and they have great ice cream to go with the pickles. My family go and get our shake of choice, deep fried pickles w/ranch and french fries. My daughter doesn't like the pickles. For the rest of us, they are MMMMmmmmmm GOOD!
Wow, that's fantastic news, G4inMO!!! We're relocating to the Marshfield area, so we'll be right down the road from there, and we'll be able to go all the time. Those 'Mom & Pop' places are usually the best places, and we'll be able to get Ice Cream afterwards....what a deal!!! Thank you ever so much. Thank your friend for me too, for alerting you to the thread. I'm going to have to take extra Lecithin to keep all that grease from clogging my arteries. hehehehehe

Thanks for the directions too. It looks like I'd fit right in in the direction department.... I go by landmarks too. To be honest with you, since I left CA, I don't know North from South from East to West. LOLOLOL

Regards Always,
Boof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri