Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 10:04 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times

Advertisements

There you go, my dear. Jump in anytime...the water's fine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 09:44 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
There you go, my dear. Jump in anytime...the water's fine!
I can't see where I'm jumpin! Can you point me in the direction of the lake?

Old 09-14-2007, 01:53 AM

3 posts, read 12,083 times
You def. should have chose Springfield over Joplin. Can't stand Joplin,weird town for sure.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:25 AM

23 posts, read 80,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadjed View Post
You def. should have chose Springfield over Joplin. Can't stand Joplin,weird town for sure.
I tried. Because of a very weird set of circumstances, which would take a long time to put here, there were not jobs in my field in Springfield. They only hire the folks that train in Springfield. It is odd and inbred. Like a lot of things down here.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:35 PM

5 posts, read 19,828 times
Default What?

I grew up in the Joplin metro area as a kid, and later moved to NYC for business opportunities. My wife and I moved back to the Joplin metro area and it is nothing like you describe. There are very cultured people and groups that apparently you have not looked at. I really could care less on your opinions on the city, but I want people to know this is a great place to live. You point out bad things about our area, but there are many good things. As far as shopping, the malls are good. Hollister, American Eagle, Lacoste, Guess, and an Abercrombie on the way. There are 5 or 6 Starbucks in the city, and 3 or 4 YMCA's for the kids, and an airport offering flights to many major Midwest hubs. Large concert venues, and yes 7 Walmarts in the imediate metro area, but if you don't like Wal-mart, go to Target! Since you are apparently such high mantinence, you will be happy to know that there are two mercedes dealerships, private jet designers, and great sushi in the metro. We are cultured people, and we are not all hicks and Meth cookers and white trash like you talk about. We live in a great place and you have no right to talk that way about us. Move, we're better without you. We are two hours away from Tulsa, Kansas City, Wichita, Springfield, and six from Memphis and Dallas, just in case anyone was wondering.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:59 PM

Default you seem very "edjamacated" too

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNdad View Post
I have lived in this dump for 6 years. How long do you have to live somewhere to know how it is. As for ineducated-
Actually, it is uneducated not ineducated "mod cut"

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 07-08-2008 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: keeping it civil ;) and fixing quote

Old 06-16-2008, 08:16 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,675 times
Good Call! Good Call! :d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc/kansas View Post
i Grew Up In The Joplin Metro Area As A Kid, And Later Moved To Nyc For Business Opportunities. My Wife And I Moved Back To The Joplin Metro Area And It Is Nothing Like You Describe. There Are Very Cultured People And Groups That Apparently You Have Not Looked At. I Really Could Care Less On Your Opinions On The City, But I Want People To Know This Is A Great Place To Live. You Point Out Bad Things About Our Area, But There Are Many Good Things. As Far As Shopping, The Malls Are Good. Hollister, American Eagle, Lacoste, Guess, And An Abercrombie On The Way. There Are 5 Or 6 Starbucks In The City, And 3 Or 4 Ymca's For The Kids, And An Airport Offering Flights To Many Major Midwest Hubs. Large Concert Venues, And Yes 7 Walmarts In The Imediate Metro Area, But If You Don't Like Wal-mart, Go To Target! Since You Are Apparently Such High Mantinence, You Will Be Happy To Know That There Are Two Mercedes Dealerships, Private Jet Designers, And Great Sushi In The Metro. We Are Cultured People, And We Are Not All Hicks And Meth Cookers And White Trash Like You Talk About. We Live In A Great Place And You Have No Right To Talk That Way About Us. Move, We're Better Without You. We Are Two Hours Away From Tulsa, Kansas City, Wichita, Springfield, And Six From Memphis And Dallas, Just In Case Anyone Was Wondering.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:41 PM

Default Hospitals

I forgot to mention that Joplin is home to one of the nations top 100 hospitals. Some of the best medical care in the midwest is located in Joplin. Do you call 7 medical helicopters in the metro crappy too? Or how about nuero surgery, open heart surgery, or even three state of the art trauma centers? Sorry about going on about medical stuff, but the reason I care so much is because my mom is a top executive for st. Johns. If you work in the medical field, Joplin has something to offer you.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:33 AM

63 posts, read 273,547 times
^^
Actually, I don't know if anyone saw or not that the Joplin airport will not have air service begining July first. Air Midwest is leaving June 30th and the replacement, Island Air, pulled out a while back. Hopefully there will be a new provider by the time the new terminal opens. One thing that I don't like about Joplin though, I guess its just me, is the visitors guide. Anybody else read it?

As for not liking the area I guess some people won't. I'm personally not too fond of it either, but I don't mind the fact that some people think its nice. Maybe we should get the Joplin Area Chit Chat thread open again?

Old 06-17-2008, 10:27 AM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,291 times
Have you tried Neosho, Mo? My brother has lived there for 30+ years. It is a very nice old town and they have a very friendly Catholic community. He lives in a very nice house on an acre or two of land.

One of my nephews lives in Joplin. The school system was very instrumental in educating his 2 autistic children, starting at age 3.

Carthage becomes an overflowing city on Aug. 15. The Asians from all over the midwest go there for the feast of the Assumption. I have heard as many as 10,000 people attend.

My sister-in-law would come to Tulsa to catch a plane when she travelled. It's 100 mile trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri