Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 01:18 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times

Advertisements

I've said it in this thread and I'll say it again -- the slippery slope argument is nonsensical. If and when a radical bill or ballot measure comes up I will vehemently oppose it. But this was not radical and anyone who claims it is either has their own agenda or is listening too steadfastly to those who do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 01:25 PM

410 posts, read 742,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBornSouthernBelle View Post
Yes, I do believe many voters are naive.
I do exclude myself from that group...I want to know, and I make a point of doing so.
Quote:
This type of bill is just a foothold for radical animal rights activists, that, as usual, name call and tell everyone who doesn't drink the kool-aid how stupid they are.
Isn't that what you were doing by implying that anyone who voted for the bill must be naive?

Old 03-11-2011, 01:30 PM

98 posts, read 120,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I've said it in this thread and I'll say it again -- the slippery slope argument is nonsensical. If and when a radical bill or ballot measure comes up I will vehemently oppose it. But this was not radical and anyone who claims it is either has their own agenda or is listening too steadfastly to those who do.
It is radical and anyone who claims is is not either has their own agenda or is listening too steadfastly to those who do....

It is all about where you stand, I suppose.

Today, our Senate is working on this bill as we speak....trying to exempt those who will be negatively affected by the bill as it stands. Doesn't it concern you that the very groups who pushed their agenda with this bill, are the ones who also exempted themselves from its provisions? Do you see the impropriety and injustice of that? Do you see the danger of their being one set of rules for the masses, and one those making them?

Old 03-11-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
It is radical and anyone who claims is is not either has their own agenda or is listening too steadfastly to those who do....

Today, our Senate is working on this bill as we speak....trying to exempt those who will be negatively affected by the bill as it stands. Doesn't it concern you that the very groups who pushed their agenda with this bill, are the ones who also exempted themselves from its provisions? Do you see the impropriety and injustice of that? Do you see the danger of their being one set of rules for the masses, and one those making them?
The bill is meant for licensed for-profit dog breeders. There is a huge difference between a profiting breeder and a non-profit rescue group. How can you group together businesses and non-profit organizations? That makes no sense.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
Isn't that what you were doing by implying that anyone who voted for the bill must be naive?
No, I am involved in politics and I can tell you that it is very easy to sway most people, especially those who don't know the issue and its impact on their lives. Very often people vote one way or the other because their families vote that way, or they like the guy, or his wife, or his clothes, or he has lots of money, he must know what he is doing.

The more some voters are exposed to media of any type, true or false, the more likely they to lean that way, if they are not informed about all facets.

We see that every election year, constant political ads, hoping to put that face on the television and voice on the radio, so that you will vote that candidate. Just how much information do those ads give us? Not much, and sometimes it is not even true. For the same reason, we see yard signs and billboards for candidates, it's all about the face time, and radical groups know it and use it to their advantage.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:39 PM

604 posts, read 750,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
WOW
the ignorance...
its all opinions, to some its radical, to you, its just a bill

Old 03-11-2011, 01:41 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:

please explain to me how requiring adequately sized, clean and safe living quarters, clean water, clean food, safe temperatures, appropriate exercise, appropriate rest between breeding cycles and regular vet care is RADICAL??

because i just don't get that concept........

Old 03-11-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
No, I am involved in politics and I can tell you that it is very easy to sway most people, especially those who don't know the issue and its impact on their lives. Very often people vote one way or the other because their families vote that way, or they like the guy, or his wife, or his clothes, or he has lots of money, he must know what he is doing.

The more some voters are exposed to media of any type, true or false, the more likely they to lean that way, if they are not informed about all facets.

We see that every election year, constant political ads, hoping to put that face on the television and voice on the radio, so that you will vote that candidate. Just how much information do those ads give us? Not much, and sometimes it is not even true. For the same reason, we see yard signs and billboards for candidates, it's all about the face time, and radical groups know it and use it to their advantage.
I can see that my point was lost on you.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
please explain to me how requiring adequately sized, clean and safe living quarters, clean water, clean food, safe temperatures, appropriate exercise, appropriate rest between breeding cycles and regular vet care is RADICAL??

because i just don't get that concept........
Thank you!

Old 03-11-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
The bill is meant for licensed for-profit dog breeders. There is a huge difference between a profiting breeder and a non-profit rescue group. How can you group together businesses and non-profit organizations? That makes no sense.
It affects ALL owners of animals, whether they breed and sell for profit, or as a hobby breeder, or only own an altered animal. It was presented to the public as a "Save the puppies" bill.....which was not what it was about, since regulations were all ready in place to handle those situations. Why didn't peta and h$u$ donate that $5,000,000 (million) dollars in money to the State of Missouri so they could hire more inspectors? Seems to me that may have been money well spent since is would provide jobs for more Missourians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri