Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 01:50 PM

410 posts, read 742,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBornSouthernBelle View Post
It affects ALL owners of animals, whether they breed and sell for profit, or as a hobby breeder, or only own an altered animal. It was presented to the public as a "Save the puppies" bill.....which was not what it was about, since regulations were all ready in place to handle those situations. Why didn't peta and h$u$ donate that $5,000,000 (million) dollars in money to the State of Missouri so they could hire more inspectors? Seems to me that may have been money well spent since is would provide jobs for more Missourians.
You obviously did not read the bill. It's getting to be pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 01:51 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
Quote:
It affects ALL owners of animals ... or only own an altered animal.
How does it affect those who simply own an altered animal?

Old 03-11-2011, 01:54 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
It affects ALL owners of animals, whether they breed and sell for profit, or as a hobby breeder, or only own an altered animal. It was presented to the public as a "Save the puppies" bill.....which was not what it was about, since regulations were all ready in place to handle those situations. Why didn't peta and h$u$ donate that $5,000,000 (million) dollars in money to the State of Missouri so they could hire more inspectors? Seems to me that may have been money well spent since is would provide jobs for more Missourians.

this is the 2nd post in which you have made that same claim.... and i have yet to see 1 iota of proof.....

talk about drinking the koolaid....

Old 03-11-2011, 03:15 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
This topic thread is about Prop B, which is pertaining to licensed breeders.
Glad you're keeping up with the discussion. Did you read (and really think about) Prop B and its implications? Legislation is always written to allow for more than what is spelled out. Maybe some people don't know that and trust what is in the wording. It's not a good idea to blindly trust regulations that are drafted by legal minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
How does the bible saying something prove anything about what rights animals can and should have in a secularly-run country?
Who can confer "rights" upon anyone or anything? If rights can be confered at will, they can also be taken away by the same (secular) powers.

Quote:
Proof???
How about good old common sense?
Bingo. (Common sense isn't all that common any more, I guess)

Old 03-11-2011, 03:28 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

......... (Common sense isn't all that common any more, I guess)

ya' got that right......

Old 03-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
ya' got that right......

The small print in Prop B says you can't get my goat.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:38 AM

410 posts, read 742,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Glad you're keeping up with the discussion. Did you read (and really think about) Prop B and its implications? Legislation is always written to allow for more than what is spelled out. Maybe some people don't know that and trust what is in the wording. It's not a good idea to blindly trust regulations that are drafted by legal minds.
First, I'll say that my comment was in response to the comment "Then take care of the puppy mills; start by demanding that the laws on the books be enforced, first of all", which I assumed was referring to the unlicensed breeders.

Second, YOU need to keep up with the conversation as I have stated several times that I did in fact research the measure before I made a decision.

Third, I think it is unacceptable to repeal a bill that will help prevent suffering animals based on nonsense.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:05 AM

98 posts, read 120,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
First, I'll say that my comment was in response to the comment "Then take care of the puppy mills; start by demanding that the laws on the books be enforced, first of all", which I assumed was referring to the unlicensed breeders.

Second, YOU need to keep up with the conversation as I have stated several times that I did in fact research the measure before I made a decision.

Third, I think it is unacceptable to repeal a bill that will help prevent suffering animals based on nonsense.
Take off your blinders.
You keep claiming to be informed.
So, you 'did the research', we hear that....
You made a decision,...we hear that....few, if any of us have a problem with either of those statements. So, is it necessary that we have to keep hearing that over and over?

It doesn't make your decision the right one for those of us who have different views, and it definitely won't change other's views. You seem to think the repetition that you have 'researched' this issue will brainwash the rest of us. You seem to think that makes you decision the best one for everyone else. It doesn't make you right. (This is trick radical groups like peta use to brainwash the public. One that Hitler used successfully, too. And when brainwashing didn't work, he merely destroyed those who opposed his ideas.)

Have you read all the statutes on the books before Prop B?
They cover everything...and they don't exempt any group or organization from having to follow those laws. Missouri needs more inspectors, not more laws.
Tell you peta/h$u$ friends to put the money where it will HELP, instead of putting it toward their agenda of "No human should own any animal, animals shouldn't be 'enslaved', beaten, tortured and mutilated". Prop B does nothing but start the slide down the slope of total control by government and groups like peta and h$u$ to control everything to do with animal ownership, it is not about the animals, but about their agenda, and about the money they accept from the public.

BTW, altering an animal is mutilation isn't it?
How many of our children do we alter like that? If animals should be considered to have the rights of humans, they should have the choice to be neutered or not....don't you think? Who says they should be altered???? Groups who want to control everything....groups who want to be in control of everything. Altering animals should not be forced upon owners like it is being done now. It should not cost the owner additional money to own an unaltered animal. But, the h$u$, peta and many other brainwashed groups think so, don't they?

Radical groups surround us, trying to limit everything we do.
They use devious methods to get money from people, and then use it to promote their views and against the public. Every one of these groups take money not to help the cause, but to achieve their goals and promote their agenda, and most people don't have any idea they are being misled. They are given sob stories and worse case scenarios.

How much money actually goes to research to cure disease, when we make donations???? Very little. Very, very little.

When obtaining money becomes important than the cause, the organization is useless.

Last edited by MoBornSouthernBelle; 03-12-2011 at 10:14 AM..

Old 03-12-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Take off your blinders.
You keep claiming to be informed.
So, you 'did the research', we hear that....
You made a decision,...we hear that....few, if any of us have a problem with either of those statements. So, is it necessary that we have to keep hearing that over and over?

It doesn't make your decision the right one for those of us who have different views, and it definitely won't change other's views. You seem to think the repetition that you have 'researched' this issue will brainwash the rest of us. You seem to think that makes you decision the best one for everyone else. It doesn't make you right. (This is trick radical groups like peta use to brainwash the public. One that Hitler used successfully, too. And when brainwashing didn't work, he merely destroyed those who opposed his ideas.)

Have you read all the statutes on the books before Prop B?
They cover everything...and they don't exempt any group or organization from having to follow those laws. Missouri needs more inspectors, not more laws.
Tell you peta/h$u$ friends to put the money where it will HELP, instead of putting it toward their agenda of "No human should own any animal, animals shouldn't be 'enslaved', beaten, tortured and mutilated". Prop B does nothing but start the slide down the slope of total control by government and groups like peta and h$u$ to control everything to do with animal ownership, it is not about the animals, but about their agenda, and about the money they accept from the public.

BTW, altering an animal is mutilation isn't it?
How many of our children do we alter like that? If animals should be considered to have the rights of humans, they should have the choice to be neutered or not....don't you think? Who says they should be altered???? Groups who want to control everything....groups who want to be in control of everything. Altering animals should not be forced upon owners like it is being done now. It should not cost the owner additional money to own an unaltered animal. But, the h$u$, peta and many other brainwashed groups think so, don't they?

Radical groups surround us, trying to limit everything we do.
They use devious methods to get money from people, and then use it to promote their views and against the public. Every one of these groups take money not to help the cause, but to achieve their goals and promote their agenda, and most people don't have any idea they are being misled. They are given sob stories and worse case scenarios.

How much money actually goes to research to cure disease, when we make donations???? Very little. Very, very little.

When obtaining money becomes important than the cause, the organization is useless.
I wouldn't change a word!

Old 03-13-2011, 01:36 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,405,107 times
Proposition B makes me think of an incident happen on my place a few years ago.I was down by my spring cutting Timber,Tree Hugging woman comes down there telling me not to be cutting all the trees because it was hurting the environment Girl I'm trying to scratch what I can off this place,you don't pay Taxes on it,don't be coming down here telling me what to do and just because of you I'm cutting twice as many Trees as planed.

Thing is its hard making a living and people that have not a clue telling people what to do when push comes to shove your in for a fight.

brushrunner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri