Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 PM

543 posts, read 855,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Not this life-long St. Louisan. I can't stand that god-forsaken, corrupt blue state. And just why would we want to be second fiddle to Chicago?

Agree 100 percent! I don't want any part if IL!! A liberal corrupt state it is!

If Obama gets re-elected I'd like to see MO make a ordinance of secession! Not a constitutional convention because in 1861 it backfired on Claiborne Jackson. I'd like to see our elected law makers make one and see how the Feds would react lol.

Missouri could be a Confederate state again!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 09:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthealien View Post
Seeing as how missouri has always been a mix between midwestern and southern sensibilites don't you think it would be best if we just split the state in half? THis mixture of sensibilites annoys me greatly.

thoughts?
Our state offends your sensibilities?
Dont like it?
Move.
Wait, I bet the P&OC forum was a little slow, so you decided to come on over here and stir things up.
Bet you dont even live in Missouri.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:08 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegoalstl View Post
Agree 100 percent! I don't want any part if IL!! A liberal corrupt state it is!

If Obama gets re-elected I'd like to see MO make a ordinance of secession! Not a constitutional convention because in 1861 it backfired on Claiborne Jackson. I'd like to see our elected law makers make one and see how the Feds would react lol.

Missouri could be a Confederate state again!

brushrunner

Old 01-05-2011, 09:29 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
I'm about as liberal as they come, but I wouldn't want St. Louis to become a part of Illinois. Ever. We'd be helping to pay off their debts until the end of time, and corruption is terribly high there.

Can anyone name a single state, aside from the most rural western ones like perhaps Wyoming, that does not have a broad swath of people, beliefs and politics? The idea that we would want to split up so that we never have to listen to the other side's argument again is regressive and sad.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:14 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,598,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Not this life-long St. Louisan. I can't stand that god-forsaken, corrupt blue state. And just why would we want to be second fiddle to Chicago?

Better 2nd fiddle to Chicago than 2nd fiddle to rural MissourAH.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:20 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
-ahem- Pardon me, I know I didnt hear you correctly.
You must be speaking of that "other" part of the state.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
and have strict gun laws?

Missouri has a history of great people unlike IL.

http://missouriconfederatestateofamerica.com/Images/Sterling_Price-1.jpg (broken link)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/james/peopleevents/images/p_anderson_01.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-05-2011, 02:31 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,015,567 times
Quote:
To each his own, my friend, but please don't speak for this life long St. Louisan and life long, and proud, Missourian.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:11 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
Just for the record, Onegoal, Illinois' gun laws are not particularly strict. I believe you're thinking of Chicago's handgun ban.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Just for the record, Onegoal, Illinois' gun laws are not particularly strict. I believe you're thinking of Chicago's handgun ban.
Also they don't have any sort of conceal carry or open carry! Not very good gun laws compared to many other states. Even if they do get a carry law it wont be as good as Missouri's.

If southern IL became their own state it would be very conservative and gun friendly I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri