Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 PM

5 posts, read 6,517 times

Advertisements

thinking about going to mo. this summer to check out the area and housing. and jobs in the visinty. anyone with some insight on what it is like there would be helpful. thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 12:10 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
No, I cannot recommend that area at all. Stay closer to KC or Des Moines for employment. Northern MO along the Iowa border has VERY LITTLE to offer.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:33 PM

we don't really what to live near a city we like the country living. driving 15-20 mins to work would not be much of a problem. my wife and i already drive that distance. we live in michigan and was wondering about the cost of things out there. like insurance (auto,home.) land taxes. food, and gas.land taxes where we live run around 1800-2000 dollars per yr. and that is just for 5 acers. have see a few homes out there reasonably priced with a good chunk a land. myself and my boys love hunting and fishing. and being outside that kinda why we want to be in the country away from the the city. any feed back on this area would be helpful. thank you.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:09 PM

4 posts, read 7,035 times
We are moving to Bethany from Cameron. We were lucky to find any jobs there. Bethany has few jobs and is quite a ways away from any major metropolitan area. It takes us 40 minutes to get to Bethany from Cameron and an additional 40 minutes to get from Cameron to either KC or St. Joseph. I would not want to live there if I had to commute. You would definitely be looking at a commute of much more than 15 to 20 minutes.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:30 PM

Default bethany.mo

Was wondering what type of jobs are in bethany. Also is there alot of tornado's in that area. I seen a nice piece of property with a 3 bedroom
house just south of princeton. that looked interesting to us

Old 08-13-2011, 08:02 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,860,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs15 View Post
Was wondering what type of jobs are in bethany. Also is there alot of tornado's in that area. I seen a nice piece of property with a 3 bedroom
house just south of princeton. that looked interesting to us
Yes there are tornado's in nw Missouri. If you look up whichever particular city on city data it will give you a bit of information on likelihood of a tornado in a particular area. There is also a site I believe it is called tornadoproject.com and click on all tornado's, then click on every state in the usa, then click on the particular state, in this case Missouri on the map on the page and you will see data listed in each county since 1950.

Princeton is a small town with not a lot going on. Trenton is to the south and there are more job opportunities but few openings. Chillicothe is even further south, I'd guess about 46 miles south of Princeton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri