Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 06:21 PM

3 posts, read 6,225 times

Advertisements

HI,

It appears I may be moving to Northern Missouri for a new job. I have been to Cameron and Chillicothe, of which I preferred the Cameron area. My question is:

Are there any homes for rent in the area? If so where should I check (realators, newspapers, etc...)

How are the school systems (Future wife is a school teacher)

Are there any other communities to investigate?

We plan on buying property eventually and raising cattle... till then we will rent a place.

I will be relo'ing to this area in March and would love to find a small house for rent. I wouldn't even mind, actually prefer, if it was off the beaten path.

I appreciate any and all help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 06:50 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,859,728 times
Hi,
I live in the NW area. I like both Chillicothe and Cameron. Which will be closer to your job? I think if I were going to choose one over the other I'd choose to live near Cameron. But I used to live in Bethany and spent more time over that way in Cameron, Bethany, and St. Joe. I'm now closer to Chillicothe and actually travel there fairly frequently.

As far as rentals, I'd check online in the local newspapers. Heck I'd start checking out the newspapers now in any community you have as a possibility just so see what sort of things go on and get a feel for things.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:25 PM

3 posts, read 6,225 times
Thanks,

I will be traveling to and from Iowa/KS area... Agriculture related....

What ar some of the newspapers around the area.. so I may start looking online..

Old 01-13-2011, 07:51 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSC10 View Post
Thanks,

What ar some of the newspapers around the area.. so I may start looking online..
Here's a start. They have some classified ads. Another idea is to check gas stations and diners. They often have bulletin boards for people wanting to sell, buy or rent or services.

My Northwest Missouri News: Your complete information source for Caldwell, Clinton, Daviess and DeKalb Missouri

Old 01-14-2011, 09:21 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Thanks,

A list of all Missouri newspapers:
Missouri Newspapers - Missouri Newspaper List

Old 08-12-2011, 12:11 PM

4 posts, read 7,032 times
We are about to move from Cameron to Bethany. Cameron has quite a few homes for rent. We have a 4 bedroom/2 bath duplex that we rent for $750/month which is actually quite high for the area. I am looking at rentals in Bethany tomorrow so I will have to see what they have available there. I go to Chillicothe on a regular basis, but wouldn't want to live there.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:22 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,562,827 times
Quote:
We plan on buying property eventually and raising cattle... till then we will rent a place.

I will be relo'ing to this area in March and would love to find a small house for rent. I wouldn't even mind, actually prefer, if it was off the beaten path.

I appreciate any and all help!
Have you ever raised cattle and/or lived off the beaten path or is this one them Green Acres deals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri