Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 05:41 PM

36 posts, read 92,354 times

Advertisements

We were tired of living in Sedalia. We were paying for our home through an FMHA loan for 20 years. We sold the house, and just wanted to rent for awhile, so we started looking for a place in Springfield, but the monthly rent on rental houses was $600.00 a month and up! We love the Springfeild area, and the fact the Branson isn't too far from there, but we just couldn't afford the rent prices. We ended up finding a nice little place by Boonville Mo for $400.00 a month. It seems the farther down south you get, the higher the rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 08:03 AM

74 posts, read 219,224 times
My dad lives in Fordland, and pays 400 a month for a half of a duplex, 2 bedrooms witha garage......

Old 07-23-2007, 08:36 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,425,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jypsy_rose_lee View Post
It seems the farther down south you get, the higher the rent.
I believe that your logic is flawed. Rent is higher in more economically developed areas because of supply and demand and the availability of higher wages. Boonville isn't much of an economic hub, so you're either going to have lower paying jobs or a longer commute to work. The lower rent is going to be offset by both of those factors.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
I believe that your logic is flawed. Rent is higher in more economically developed areas because of supply and demand and the availability of higher wages. Boonville isn't much of an economic hub, so you're either going to have lower paying jobs or a longer commute to work. The lower rent is going to be offset by both of those factors.
Longer commute to work is right!!!! I see your logic.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:01 PM

This is hard, I moved here with my husband , and five year old thinking that, jobs would be easier to find, and perhaps pay better. I got a job at the Comfort Inn in Boonville, but the owners are from India and they are soo tight with their money, they will do whatever they can to keep their employees from getting their 25 cent raise after 60 days!! An employee makes one mistake, and their goes their raise for another month! They make us clock in and out for a five minute break, which I'v never had to do at a job before!I'm in the process of finding something else, I can't wait to get out of that mess! I'v never worked for people who treat their employees like they do! They call others I work with stupid, and dumb to their face!! My husband went to find work today, but not much luck! I'm beginning to think we made a mistake by moving here. I wish now we would have moved down south to Springfeild even though the rent is high, there was alot of construction going on, and my husband is a roofer.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:44 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
600 bones a month really doesn't sound too bad to be close to decent work opportunities and some kind of life

Old 07-23-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
600 bones a month really doesn't sound too bad to be close to decent work opportunities and some kind of life
Thats what I'm thinking after I'v done screwed up and moved here!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 PM

Maybe I can still find a better paying job here so that I can save enough to move there! Hopefully anyway! I moved here because I have family here, but my husband has family in Springfeild also!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jypsy_rose_lee View Post
Thats what I'm thinking after I'v done screwed up and moved here!
no need to be so hard on yourself, nothing ventured nothing gained. At least you gave it a whirl. If you are thinking of relocating down this a way I'm sure many folks here would be more than happy to help you with any questions you may have.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:58 PM

Thank you de jammer. I'm hoping I can make something good out of a bad situation. Where abouts in Springfeild do you live? My husbands family lives in Republic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri