Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2009, 10:08 AM

7 posts, read 23,573 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I pestered the people of this forum a little bit ago with questions on what to DO in the Rolla area. Well, now I have my new job (and am quite happy with it!) and am starting the old... apartment search. Which is fun. No, really. Maybe not. Guh. But really, what I'm wondering is, what do the utilities generally run in Rolla for a general 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom sized apartment? Anyone happen to know? I'm somewhat used to our utility bills in California, which basically meant that we used heat sometimes in the winter and had no air conditioning. Though, as I wasn't paying them, I never really could recall the actual amounts... Except for the one month with our $275 electric bill. That was fun. Anyway, yes. How much, on an average, does electricity, gas, etc etc, tend to run?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 12:09 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
Congrats on the job, glad to hear its going good Been years since I rented in Rolla, apartment on the south side near K-Mart and a house near Schuman Park near RR tracks, so my figures wouldn't do much good for you.

IMHO, I think ya might be better off getting a more realistic reply from the landlords/owners of the apartments of interest. An average can be very misleading - too many variables, such as how much cooking you do, how much you enjoy open windows vs. someone else doing just AC/heat, efficiency of the place, what utilities are actually being used [all electric vs. mostly gas], etc.

Even tho' its summer, and fewer of 'em around, might also try asking some of the local UMR/MST students too... find 'em floating about on campus Could also inquire of the Missouri University of Science and Technology, Department of Residential Life (http://reslife.mst.edu/contact/contact.html - broken link) for info too - they should be able to give you some ideas as to utility rates for the places that they cover for students. If I recall correctly, Rolla city utilities tend to be on the higher side than those places being fed outside the city limits too...

Best wishes.

PS: sometime would be interesting to hear what you think of Rolla, what ya have been doing - what ya recommend for other newcomers to the area.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:03 PM

18,123 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Investment Realty has a monopoly on apartment rentals in Rolla.
Give them a call, and they can tell you anything.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:38 AM

938 posts, read 3,505,260 times
I can give you the contact info for a very good landlord in Rolla (NOT Invetment Reality) who may have some apartments available...send me a private message if you are interested. I'm not sure on how much utilities for an apartment would run...I lived in a house while residing in Rolla.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:47 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,561,578 times
Anyone wanting to move to Rolla should read No Standing News first. Thoroughly read the current issue and the archives. It will answer questions you have about utilities, education, taxes, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: