Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 08:45 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,339,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
jrsgirl.... It is me Kareybear that you probably see in the NC thread because I live there and now moving to Missouri. Thanks for helping my friend out she really needs it

Kareybear- are you sure she or anyone can help me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMWilson View Post
Hi 2b and jrsgirl,

Just caught your thread about Nixa and Ozark ... both are great places but the taxes in Nixa are almost double compared to Springfield or Ozark - they have had alot of growth in the past few years and while the infrastructure seems to be supporting it great, the taxes will add approx. $200/mo to a mortgage in the $200,000 - $250,000 range. Ozark might be a better choice for a little bit of country with lower taxes ... Rogersville is a real up-and-coming area (about 6mi E of Springfield and 4mi N of Ozark) that should support your daycare business, provide a little bit of "out of the city" living but is still really close to Springfield, Ozark, Branson (about 25mi), etc. The same is true of Republic.

jrsgirl ... I lived in Charlotte, NC about 15yrs ago and loved it! Good luck in your move to the Carolinas!
these were some of the areas I was looking at before ......got scared off by the huge sink holes

so a house that cost about 250 = 2400 in taxes .......... wow thats cheap where I live a house that cost about
75000= 3-4000
a 300,000 home will cost you at least 4000 in taxes per year!

Thank you for sharing

Old 07-29-2007, 08:26 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,550,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
Kareybear- are you sure she or anyone can help me
LOL Probably not my friend. But who knows and you just never know someone might just might help you out.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:51 AM

Ok some other thought -

Kansas City MO and Springfield Mo?

Last edited by 2beamissourian; 07-29-2007 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: gooolie I cant spell!

Old 07-29-2007, 10:56 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,550,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
Ok some other thought -

Kansas City MO and Springfield Mo?
How about living South of Jefferson City of the 54 hwy. I am sure people live outside will need babysitting. Or better yet live between jefferson city and columbia and you should get quite alot of people either working in these towns. Just a suggestion!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 08:39 AM

17 posts, read 33,550 times
Cabool, Houston, Mountain Grove.............. I am partial to Cabool. LOL We have shopping with in 20 minutes either direction. Small town but it is so nice. There is a 40 acre farm that is for sale across the way, I am not sure what they want for it but this is a beautiful area. We don't have many bugs but we have a lot of butterflies, humming birds and frogs. You should make a road trip in this area, see for yourself. We have older homes and new homes out here. If you come this way we can go sight seeing together. Hubby and kids love it out here too.
Kim

Old 08-01-2007, 08:40 AM

We have cheap taxes here in Texas county. Check us out. : )

Old 08-01-2007, 09:17 AM

137 posts, read 610,171 times
I have noticed that the price of gas and diesel has been almost 10 cents a gallon cheaper in Mountain Grove than it has been it Ava. For months it was about the same but the last spike never even touched Mountain Grove it seemed. I was not in town every day but for the last few weeks it is almost a guarantee that I will pay less for a fill up in Mountain Grove. A worker at Walmart said it was 15 cents more in Houston. Anybody notice major diffs in a small area? It seems always to be highest in Rogersville and the drops a little when you get to Springfield.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:49 PM

I am not sure but I just filled up today in Cabool and paid $ 2.57 a gallon for super unleaded. We are from Michigan so anything lower than $ 3.00 a gallon is cheap : )

Kim

Old 08-05-2007, 01:41 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,482 times
Default Ozark/Nixa...

You may want to look in the Ozark or Nixa area. The southern part of Springfield and areas south of Springfield are growing fast. Lots of young families. You can find something in your price range for sure...depends on your taste, style, needs, etc..

We find Springfield an okay place to shop but we don't really hang out there much. Most of our dining and entertainment needs are met by heading south to Branson (we live between Ozark and Branson).

Can't talk to taxes yet....we haven't been here long enough. Although I just heard that Christain county has Personal Property taxes (nlaa).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri