Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 11:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,154 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find information about my ancestors in Licking, MO. They were Blackfoot Indian, or at least partly. Last name was Snow. My grandfather's name was Frank Snow. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 01:13 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Could this be a relation? Snow family in Texas co Mo..

Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 PM

380 posts, read 963,184 times
Default Snow, Frank

The 1900 Federal census shows Frank Snow, age 8, living with an older brother, William, 12, and their parents John Edward and Louisa Clementine. The census says John is a farmer and was born in Kentucky. Louisa and the children were born in Missouri. Louisa's maiden name was Owens.

Frank Snow
BIRTH: 1 Sep 1892 - Licking, MO (Missouri)
DEATH: Oct 1971 - Troy, Madison, Illinois, United States of America
MARRIAGE: 18 Jun 1914 - Licking, Texas, Missouri
SPOUSE: Mabel Coates

John Snow died on 12 Mar 1953 in Licking, Texas County, Missouri
Louisa Clementine Owens Snow died 14 Apr 1944 in Licking, Texas County, Missouri They are buried in the Licking Cemetery.

John Edward Snow
Birth: Oct. 12, 1861
Death: Mar. 12, 1953

MO death certificate #13021; son of Abram Snow; age 91; informant Mrs. Margaret Hall

John Edward Snow, son of Abram and Julia Park Snow was born in Green County, Illinois on October 12, 1861. On December 5, 1887, he was married to Louise Clementine Owen. From this union were born two sons, William Snow of doss, Missouri, and Frank Snow. Mr. Snow's wife preceded him in death on April 15, 1944. Those who survive him are: his son, William Snow; three grandchildren; and four great grandchildren and one brother, Joe Snow of Licking.
After his wife's death, Mr. Snow made his home with his granddaughter, Mrs. Clyde Hall here in Licking. Mr. Snow united with the Methodist Church here in Licking on November 2, 1930 where he was a faithful member.
H was initiated into the Independent Order of Oddfellows on May 20, 1899 at the age of thirty-seven years. He was active in the Lodge up until shortly before his passing on March 12, 1953 at the ripe age of ninety-one years and five months.
A host of Fellow-laborers in the Kingdom, Fraternal Brethren, and friends and neighbors, mourn his death. We shed a sympathizing tear witht he immediate family with whom he resided. May God, in His Infinite Mercy, make good His promise to you in this hour of your bereavement, when He said, "I will send you another Comforter..."
Services were conducted by Rev. Allen Stanley at the Methodist Church Saturday at 2 P.M. with burial in Licking Cemetery under direction of Smith and Ferguson.

Louisa Clementine Snow
Birth: Sep. 20, 1867
Death: Apr. 14, 1944

Louisa C. Snow, nee Owens, was born near Licking, MO, Sept. 20, 1867 and passed away at her home in Licking April 14, 1944 at the age of 76 years 6 months and 24 days.
She was married to John E. Snow Dec 5, 1887. To this union two children were born, William E and Frank Snow. She was converted and united with the Methodist Church in 1891 and has live a christian life.
She leaves to mourn her going her husband and two sons, three grandchildren; Harold Snow of the U.S. Navy, Mrs. Margaret Hall of Licking and Farrell Snow of the U.S. Army, and one great grandson, Harold Hall.
Mrs. Snow has lived all of her life in and near Licking. On account of her hearing she has not attended church for several years, but read her Bible and had her devotions regularly. Sundan night when she thought she would not live until morning she quoted this passage of scripture to her pastor,"I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." No doubt there was laid up for her a crown of righteousness. She was a hard worker, a good neighbor, a devoted wife and mother, and will be missed in the community where she has lived so many years.
Funeral services were conducted by Rev. A.B. Garrison at the Snow home Saturday afternoon, and burial was in Licking cemetery under direction of Smith & Ferguson.

William Edward Snow is buried in Minor Cemetery

Birth: Dec. 1, 1889
Licking
Texas County
Missouri, USA
Death: May 16, 1960
Salem
Dent County
Missouri, USA

William Edward Snow was born in Licking, MO, December 1, 1889 and died May 16, 1960 in Hart Hospital in Salem, MO. He was the son of the late John and Clementine Snow.

In 1911 he was united in marriage to Edna Van Cleve and to this union two children were born: Farrell Dean of St. Louis, MO and a daughter, Norma Louise who died in 1923.

He later married Mary Akers of Doss, MO. They lived in St. Louis a few years and then moved to Doss where they remained until his death. He had been in poor health for several years and about two weeks before his death he was stricken with a heart attack.

He leaves his widow Mary, a son, Farrell, and one brother, Frank Snow of Troy, Illinois, and other relatives and friends.

He was a member of the Methodist Church.

Funeral services were conducted May 18 at 3:00 p.m. in Spencer Chapel in Salem, with Rev. Bill Wynn officiating. Interment in Miner Cemetery with Spencer Funeral Home in charge.

Family links:
Parents:
John Edward Snow (1861 - 1953)
Louisa Clementine Owens Snow (1867 - 1944)

Spouses:
Mary E Akers Snow (1887 - 1972)*
Edna E. Snow (1891 - 1973)*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri