Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:09 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Scholz View Post
When someone asks for help, you should be profession and give them good advice. Not more fears. Realtors have is tough enough getting people to trust them.

I thought the poster was selling their house to move, my mistake. Just the same, why not give them good advice on what to look for in a realtor instead of calling us a VIRUS.

Sorry about the caps, was on another site that did require the shouting.
relax there ummmm....whoa I was gonna use your initials!!! No really folks this is a huge move for the OP and in all seriousness let's see if we can find a way to steer them in the right direction. I know in the Springfield area the Murney real estate firm seem huge so I would try scouting out their site

Murney Associates, Realtors - Leading real estate company in Springfield MO, Ozark and Nixa

and go from there. This is just some sort of starting point to get the ball rolling and ya'll can go from there. Best O luck and keep coming back. We'll see if we can give yaz a hand!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 07:30 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times
Default Blessed is da jammer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
relax there ummmm....whoa I was gonna use your initials!!! No really folks this is a huge move for the OP and in all seriousness let's see if we can find a way to steer them in the right direction. I know in the Springfield area the Murney real estate firm seem huge so I would try scouting out their site

Murney Associates, Realtors - Leading real estate company in Springfield MO, Ozark and Nixa

and go from there. This is just some sort of starting point to get the ball rolling and ya'll can go from there. Best O luck and keep coming back. We'll see if we can give yaz a hand!!
Well I see you have talents as a peacemaker too, jams.
If you'll look up...I suggested a Webster/Booger Co realtor that I know...are we supposed to do that here?

Old 08-07-2007, 07:36 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Well I see you have talents as a peacemaker too, jams.
If you'll look up...I suggested a Webster/Booger Co realtor that I know...are we supposed to do that here?
HAH!! sorry LJ...you are so on top of stuff but I felt like someone was....SHOUTING at me so I missed.....

Quote:
from LakeJunkie...In Webster Co...Call David Coutchie with Carol Jones. Good guy, hard working. Young...energetic...great family!

(now you know why you got sum luvin on that other thread )

Old 08-07-2007, 07:41 PM

Wink I don't care who you are...tha's supposed to be funny.

Quote:
Because 8snake...realtors are NOT PEOPLE!
They are computer VIRUSES!
They will attack your hard drive and NEVER let it go!
You'll be getting magnetic calendars and Cardinals schedules FOR THE REST OF TIME!

You...whoever you are...be afraid.
Be VERY afraid.

Hee Hee. Sorry couldn't resist.
ColdinSheboygan...you DID see that was a JOKE...right?
When we first moved here we moved to Seymour and I met the Coutchies who are great realtor-types that are sweet and honest and hard working as the day is long. You'll find them in the timber-frame office off Hwy 60 there in Amish Country on Hwy 60 @ C.

David or mama Joanne...tell me if they don' work they hearts out for ya!

Old 08-07-2007, 10:05 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times
Lady of the Lake - that was funny,,, as someone who has moved multiple times, and gone through more than their share of agents and Realtors , there are good ones and bad ones and inept ones... Just as there are in just about every profession. It is those with humour, esp. the ability to self-depreciate, to be able to laugh at them selves, to not take it all too serious, yet still be able to bring some sanity to the paperwork and legal path, as I believe I see from your and NWV posts,,, I would be honoured to have yas as my agent/Realtor - any day, or night

Old 08-08-2007, 05:01 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
Default I'm ready!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Lady of the Lake - that was funny,,, as someone who has moved multiple times, and gone through more than their share of agents and Realtors , there are good ones and bad ones and inept ones... Just as there are in just about every profession. It is those with humour, esp. the ability to self-depreciate, to be able to laugh at them selves, to not take it all too serious, yet still be able to bring some sanity to the paperwork and legal path, as I believe I see from your and NWV posts,,, I would be honoured to have yas as my agent/Realtor - any day, or night
Awww, gee thanks for the vote of confidence in LJ and myself. We knew the OP was requesting serious assistance. However, there are times when you just have to reply in such a manner to bring a little 'light-heartedness' to the game. As you have again, so eloquently stated, there are some in my profession that are totally inept.

Now if there was just some way to 'weed' them out.

I did not reply to the other poster about her way too serious and negative remarks. No fun there. Plus, I thought Lake Junkie, as usual, gave a few fine posts herself concerning th OP's request

Old 08-13-2007, 03:02 PM

62 posts, read 249,187 times
Dan Crace with Murney is a great guy. He's helped us buy and sell homes, and is very knowledgeable and experienced.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Cold in Sheboygan?

I was just sorry we never heard back from CIS...I lived in Webster County for a while and could give them some pointers.

You definitely want a realtor that specializes in that county...just because the Springfield MLS service covers it doesn't mean ANY body knows the area well enough to really be a resource. I know one realtor who only works in a 30 block area in North Springfield...I know if I was new & wanted that area I'd talk to her!

Old 08-13-2007, 04:44 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
Default Long Distance Realtors

Quote:
I was just sorry we never heard back from CIS...I lived in Webster County for a while and could give them some pointers.

You definitely want a realtor that specializes in that county...just because the Springfield MLS service covers it doesn't mean ANY body knows the area well enough to really be a resource. I know one realtor who only works in a 30 block area in North Springfield...I know if I was new & wanted that area I'd talk to her!

As usual, you are right. We have agents listing property 'way' out here, that have their offices in the 'big city'.. Consequently they are, for the most part, totally unfamiliar with what goes on in a very rural area. This does present some problems IF these agents have not done their homework.

I would agree that it is, in most cases, less confusing to work with a local real estate agent. Local agents are more likely to be aware of short and long range plans by city, county, and state reference roads, taxes, and other issues that may impact property values, etc.

As a disclaimer, I am not speaking of all agents without local offices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri