U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 05:20 PM

10 posts, read 38,961 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I am going to St. Joseph at the end of September (28th to the 4th). I am going to scout out the area. My Wife, 13 y.o. daughter and I will move to the K.C or St.JoMO area within the year from Orange County California. If you have ever been to Disneyland in Califoirnia, then you hvae been a block from my house. Any way, we need OUT. I will be staying and K.C and have rented a car so I will be driving around looking a howes, towns etc. What should I make sure to see while I am in town? My hobby is photography (website www.tdgphotography.com (broken link)) and I think that I need to be blown away with the beauty of the place to get me to give up on the SoCal beaches that are about 15 min from my current home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2006, 09:18 PM

9 posts, read 34,357 times
I also live in O.C.(Dana Point) which I love, but can no longer afford. Looking for horse property, please let me know what you discover in your travels. Thanks, Socal12

Old 09-01-2006, 11:58 PM

Default Howes

Not looking for howes, looking for homes. LOL

Old 09-08-2006, 04:36 PM

6,046 posts, read 22,147,381 times
Yes, please post what you find. My husband and I are seriously considering relocating to KC or StJo's next year; we are planning a trip out in late October or early November.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 3,723 times
Default If relocating

You might want to try Platte City,Mo. It is an upcoming area. New schools about 45 min to Kc and 1/2 hour to St.joseph,Mo. Oh! and Snow Creek is not far away. Sorry,no oceans but you can go around Snowcreek and Lakes where you can take pictures of Geese,Eagles that come in. St.Joe has new shopping area and Kansacity has there big Malls but alot of people are trying to get away from that hustle and bustle.

Old 09-10-2006, 02:51 AM

Default Saint Joseph Trip

I will be going to K.C. / Saint Joseph at the end of the month I will post what I find for all of the other California's looking to get out...Maybe even post a few pics on my website so that you can get a better look at the town. For some reason, not alot of pics on the web of this town...

Tim

Old 09-10-2006, 12:11 PM

6,046 posts, read 22,147,381 times
Much appreciated, thank you!

Old 09-10-2006, 01:42 PM

1,959 posts, read 4,820,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdgrinstead View Post
I will be going to K.C. / Saint Joseph at the end of the month I will post what I find for all of the other California's looking to get out...Maybe even post a few pics on my website so that you can get a better look at the town. For some reason, not alot of pics on the web of this town...

Tim
Tim, great let us know I'd like to see photos. I'm from CA. too looking to exit for the same reasons.

Mark

Old 09-11-2006, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 3,719 times
St. Joe is great if you are looking to get away from that Big City thing. It is big enough to have stores and such, but small enough that you children will be relatively safe . . . and KC is not that far away if you need to do the City thing. St. Joe is a University town and that makes it nice in that there is a certian level of academic society that you won't find in other types of towns. I grew up in a University Town just outside a city and loved it. It was like the best of both worlds (small town safety and big city perks). St. Joe is bigger than the town I grew up in and KC is farther away, but I liked living in St. Joe.
The people there are generally nice. The weather is okay (it is still unpredictable Missouri weather, but it is still not bad). You may find the humidity to be the greatest challenge in the summer, but you will get used to it, or stay in the AC when it is hot.
Some schools there are better than others, but the teaching should be fairly good quality as the University produces good teachers.
I hope this helps.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:02 AM

3 posts, read 8,989 times
hi there!

my husband and i moved from southern california to clinton county, mo...we live about 1/2 hour south of st.joseph...

sure, you can't beat the mild weather in california, but other than that i don't really miss a thing there (except my friends that i left behind)...

we sold out home in the long beach area two years ago and we love it here!
my son and dil live a few miles from us in edgerton...

sandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdgrinstead View Post

Tim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri