Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 08:16 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,579 times

Advertisements

Good Luck you all on your trip. I sure hope it is the safe one. Been there and done that ....It is so worth it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 11:28 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,094 times
Thumbs up Hey hey, I'm back from my MO trip!

Briefly, it was productive, and great fun! Let me start a new thread on my MO adventures. The Good Lord blessed me with safe travel, and I saw a lot of great things when I was there!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:39 PM

Smile Fast Forward 9 Months--Job Opportunities

I had to reach all the way back to page 20 to pull this one back to the front burner, but here it is again!

Over in the Chatter Box I've mentioned the possibility of my wife and I getting to move to Missouri depending on the outcome of an employment opportunity for me in the KC suburb of Parkville. I just had my telephone interview with the organization this morning, and I should find out by hopefully this time next week whether I get hired for it. If I do, it's Missouri here we come at last!

But this isn't really the reason I've resurrected this forum thread. If you've seen one of the other current MO forum threads titled "Somewhere to live between St. Joseph and Blue Springs," there may be a possibility that the StJoeFanatic family might be putting its very nice house up for sale.***MOD Edit*** Why would SJF and her hubby do that? Well, just like my job opportunity in Parkville, there's a terrific job opportunity for one of them in Blue Springs. ***MOD Edit*** If the job opportunity there does work out, then one of them would face a monster commute down there from St. Joe, making their sale of the house necessary. Even if they drove one of those new little hybrid cars, their gasoline expenses would dwarf the total value of their house in a few short weeks! OK, I'm exaggerating--a little.

So the main thing, even more than them selling the house eventually, is the job in Blue Springs! I am so hoping and praying this works out for them, based on what SJF has written to me. That's all I can divulge, but we can be glad that God knows the situation, which is thankfully so much better than it was when nothing seemed to be happening at all with the sale of their previous house in St. Joe. But this job in Blue Springs would benefit SJF and Mr. SJF so much! Could I ask you to do the same thing you did previously for this current situation? Pray, or otherwise extend your best wishes to them? Thank you so much! If BOTH of our employment opportunities work out, we are going to need to have the OTFCC meeting of all OTFCC meetings to celebrate boisterously!

Last edited by Boof; 07-09-2008 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: OP Request

Old 06-27-2008, 10:39 AM

791 posts, read 1,819,499 times
Eric,

Your selflessness never ends. You seem to have an innate need to find a way to help other people's dreams come true. What a wonderful soul you have. We are so blessed to have you here.....to have such a dear friend.

My prayers will be with SJF. Hopefully the Lord will lead her & Mr SJF to where he wants them to be.

And while I'm at it, I will be praying Extra Hard that the Lord sends you wonderful news about the job, and we find you here in MO real soon! You've spent the last year cheering others on, and rallying for their happiness, so here's hoping that a hope and a prayer from a long distance friend gets you here a little sooner.

As as for the OTFCC....when you get here....we're gonna party like it's 1999!!!!!!!

Blessings to SJF & You, always!!!

With Thoughts & Prayers,
Boof

Last edited by Boof; 07-09-2008 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: Fix a Boo Boo.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 PM

86 posts, read 359,619 times
Hi NBEric!

We met on another thread recently, right? And now I found you here. Wow! You know, I so need you or someone like you on my side right now. You can't imagine. You really have your hands full right now, so I won't get into it nor will I ask at this time. Just know that I will hold you and the SJF's in my thoughts in the most positive way that is possible for me during my own crises. All will be good if we believe! You and the SJF's are all so fortunate to have one another as friends!

Boof: What is the OTFCC?

Old 06-27-2008, 04:59 PM

Eric, I repped your post, but forgot to use the the thingy in the upper right corner so that you would know the rep came from me. I keep forgetting to do that.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:53 PM

Rocket Dog, you're the best! So glad to have you here in these forums. The OTFCC stands for Over the Fence Coffee Club, and it's a Springfield/Branson sticky thread that you can read all about over there. Over the Fence has to do with Missouri newbies who have come "over the fence" to Missouri from California and other places, and their meetings enable them and others to have a good time and make new friends.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, so I'll probably stick to iced tea or something like that when I can finally make it to St. Joseph or Parkville and then make the drive down there. Go check them out! Boof, Mrs. Genealogy, Lake Junkie, Darlynn, Da Jammer the Moderator, Mrs. Chilicook and other great peeps are all down in the Springfield/Branson region.

Hopefully SJF will be able to check in here and in the other thread pretty soon when she gets a chance. Her current work keeps her pretty busy!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:19 PM

Thanks, Eric.

I'll jump over to that thread and check it out. I'm in KC, so I don't get down to the Springfield/Branson area--haven't been down there in probably 30 years. . . really . . . yes, I am that old.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:37 AM

791 posts, read 1,819,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Dog View Post
Thanks, Eric.

I'll jump over to that thread and check it out. I'm in KC, so I don't get down to the Springfield/Branson area--haven't been down there in probably 30 years. . . really . . . yes, I am that old.
Rocket Dog,

Please do swing by the OTFCC thread. The friends there are some of the neatest people you'll ever wanna meet. And while we enjoy each others' company, we always welcome new faces. The more the merrier, right?

You can find the 1st thread (closed) here, and the newest, 2nd thread here. We'd love to have you pop in and introduce yourself so everyone can meet you. Don't be shy....we don't bite. Although we are known to hug from time to time. There are also pix posted, so you can put faces to some o' da names.

And all of this will be that much better when we can get NB Eric here....finally! It seems like it's taking FOR-EVER!!! But, we'll stick it out for as long as it takes. And in the meantime, I have no doubt that SJF will find herself on the way to yet another new pitstop along life's path. God has a way of taking care of us like that.

Hopefully we'll hear from SJF with updates along the way. It's always nice when we can all celebrate the good fortune of others.

Warm Wishes,
Boof

Old 06-28-2008, 09:14 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Eric, have been crazy busy with opening a new store for the company I work for, but will be praying for you about the job..... btw, would stjo need a bit of professional advice about staging the house? I would be glad to help via pix, its what I do for a living, after all, would be glad to help.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri