Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 04:35 PM

97 posts, read 347,165 times

Advertisements

ANOTHER UPDATE 5:30pm Central Time

Ok, they just left after being here for another hour by themselves. They said they didn't like any of the other houses they had seen today! They have 3 more to see with a realtor tomorrow (a friend of theirs) and then they will be back at our house (their words!)

This visit was great, as the husband was measuring walls to make sure certain furniture pieces will work in certain areas... he was even planning his outdoor christmas decorations...I know what that means!!!!

They said it would be tomorrow early evening before they will get back here, and they will call to set up a time once they see how long it takes them to "walk through the other houses the agent insists they see!"

Funny thing, their agent wanted to bring them to OUR HOUSE to see it, as she had heard that it was FANTASTIC and that it was just their style...but they politely declined, while grinning to themselves, as they had already been here and are in love with it...but certainly don't want to pay an agent for it

Anyway, again, thank you all so very much for the support...looks like we will continue to need those prayers through tomorrow, so keep 'em comin'!

BTW---we got 2 phone calls on our house TODAY from people in town for the festival that heard about our house from friends/aquantiances, and wanted info on it... the calls came in while the out of towners were here...couldn't have planned it better myself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 05:59 PM

791 posts, read 1,819,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StJoeFanatic View Post
ANOTHER UPDATE 5:30pm Central Time

Ok, they just left after being here for another hour by themselves. They said they didn't like any of the other houses they had seen today! They have 3 more to see with a realtor tomorrow (a friend of theirs) and then they will be back at our house (their words!)

This visit was great, as the husband was measuring walls to make sure certain furniture pieces will work in certain areas... he was even planning his outdoor christmas decorations...I know what that means!!!!

They said it would be tomorrow early evening before they will get back here, and they will call to set up a time once they see how long it takes them to "walk through the other houses the agent insists they see!"

Funny thing, their agent wanted to bring them to OUR HOUSE to see it, as she had heard that it was FANTASTIC and that it was just their style...but they politely declined, while grinning to themselves, as they had already been here and are in love with it...but certainly don't want to pay an agent for it

Anyway, again, thank you all so very much for the support...looks like we will continue to need those prayers through tomorrow, so keep 'em comin'!

BTW---we got 2 phone calls on our house TODAY from people in town for the festival that heard about our house from friends/aquantiances, and wanted info on it... the calls came in while the out of towners were here...couldn't have planned it better myself!
SJF,

You've just given me the biggest Goosebumps I could have!!! Is it too early to really celebrate??? Maybe...I don't want to jinx it.

So let me just say that I'll keep praying for you and your DH. This couldn't be more exciting than if it were us going through it. Thank you for sharing your story with us, and for letting us be there with you. This is something I wouldn't want to miss. God Bless & Keep You Always!!!

Keep us posted,
Boof

Old 08-18-2007, 08:23 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,437 times
The thing that just floors me about their visit is how evidently transparent they were about how much they like your house! In a poker game, if you're holding four aces, you don't want to let your fellow players know you've got such a good hand. Same thing when you're buying a really large item like a car or a house--normally you'd show your enthusiasm after the deal has been made.

I know this couple has had some pretty extensive contact with you and has seen many pictures of the house, but for them--especially the husband!-- to be this effusive over it now that they've seen it in person is just fantastic! It really sounds like the initial visits today went even better than expected--I hope I'm right about this!

We all have to pray and hope at this point that the other houses this couple is looking at will have the effect of instilling even further the idea that YOUR house is the one they should choose--that yours is the yardstick by which other houses should be measured. Honestly, I just don't see any others that so effectively combine the character, location, condition, outside landscaping and indoor amenities for the money as yours does. When you look at the AOK site and realtyx websites (a MLS site), you see a number of newer houses that are ranch-style and split-level, but they just don't grab me the way yours does. Several of the older homes look OK, but are not as well-landscaped, and so forth. When the time comes for me and my wife, I'm hoping we'll be able to find a 4/5ths version of yours that has a backyard fenced area for a dog to run around. There are a couple of AOK homes that have definitely caught my eye, and they're both located in the same general part of town. Anyway, I'm getting just a little ahead of myself here. Once yours sells, we should also think good thoughts and pray for other sellers that have also had a tough time selling their homes, whether in StJo or elsewhere.

Until the "SOLD" sign is up, let's ratchet up the prayers, good thoughts and finger crossing even more. Lest I forget, just ONE MONTH until MY VISIT there too! Wowweee!!!

Old 08-18-2007, 08:34 PM

Bear with me on this post--I'm directing it mainly to SJF, but one of the AOK houses for sale, 2424 Faraon Street, has been on sale a really long time and it has those spiffy-looking white pillars out in front. It was one of the homes on the "Special Announcements" scrolling marquee yesterday. I don't know if this couple is also eyeballing this house with the realtor or not. It's described as "The Miller Mansion."

If it's considered a "historic home," would that then mean the owners would face restrictions on how they could make any modifications to it? If that's the case, then that would work in your favor, it would seem; and you could use that as a further selling point for yours. Maybe this won't even be an issue, but I thought I'd throw it out here.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:07 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Default We're prayin too...

Cough...choke...ahem.
Sounds to me like this sweet real estate agent is wanting to do a good job for her buyers by showing them EVERYTHING they might like...anybody mind if I send up a prayer for all those hard working God fearing realtors out there?

Last edited by Lake Junkie; 08-18-2007 at 09:58 PM..

Old 08-18-2007, 09:56 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
Default Amen times 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Cough...choke...ahem.
Sounds to me like this sweet real estate agent is wanting to do a good job for her buyers by showing them EVERYTHING they might like...anybody mind if I send up a prayer for all those hard working God fearing realtors out there?

Bless us and our feeble brains and tired backsides and sore feet and worn out shoes. Also, beat up computers, dropped cell phones, battered brief cases, worn out maps, hand held calculators, measuring devices, misplaced forms (never where they should be, when you are in a hurry), and all other stuff that we rely upon to do this FUN business of assisting others in the transference of ownership of properties. Is that the kinda prayer, y'all had in mind???

Old 08-18-2007, 10:04 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Somethin like that, yes ma'am.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:08 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Cough...choke...ahem.
Sounds to me like the agent is wanting to do a good job for her buyers by showing them EVERYTHING they might like...anybody mind if I send up a prayer for all those hard working realtors out there?
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/jammer_this/smilies/amensign.gif (broken link) LJ!!

I have a few good friends in the biz and boy do I know how hard these folks work!

Wonderful, hard working people that will do everything they can to put together a transaction that makes everyone involved happy. HAH! like that ever happens!!

(I need to find a "love your realtor" smiliey somewhere!!)

Old 08-18-2007, 10:22 PM

430 posts, read 1,263,692 times
Talking That's great news StJF !!

StJF, so glad to hear that the potential buyers continue to be VERYInterested in your home! Sometimes just the "feel" of a place is enough to send you over the edge with glee! I will continue to keep hands folded here in Tucson for you...sure sounds to me like they have already made up their minds.....

Northwoods Voyager, you sound like a real professional! Our "Realtor" was so much less than that, we really had a terrible experience with him. But, every business has their problem children!! We justsmiled and got the deal done!

NB Eric, I agree, it's unusal to see such excitement in a potential buyer, especially since the deal hasn't been hammered out yet. But I have to admit, me saying under my breath over and over, "honey, this is it, this is the one, look at that view, it's to die for, I don't care how much they are asking for it, we'll take it right?" Nothing like wearing your heart on your sleeve!!

Hang in there StJoeFanatic.....all good things come to those that wait! Our God is a faithful God!!

O.Nana

Old 08-18-2007, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Bless us and our feeble brains and tired backsides and sore feet and worn out shoes. Also, beat up computers, dropped cell phones, battered brief cases, worn out maps, hand held calculators, measuring devices, misplaced forms (never where they should be, when you are in a hurry), and all other stuff that we rely upon to do this FUN business of assisting others in the transference of ownership of properties. Is that the kinda prayer, y'all had in mind???
Couldn't've said it better myself! Especially for real estate agents here in Foreclosure Alley--I mean, the SF Bay Area.

Our soon-to-be real estate agent here in Cull-ee-for-nee-uh is a great friend of ours--the husband of the woman who did our wedding reception decorations, and he'll be able to hook us up with an agent in St Joe when the time comes. I don't know diddley about real estate contracts--if it's something like "The party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part" or what (apologies to the Marx Brothers in "A Night at the Opera"--one of the most side-splittingly funny movies ever made).

Anyway, unlike SJF and her FSBO house, I'm going to need to rely on the expertise of real estate agents to help get us moved back there. LJ, please don't be mad at SJF. She has been an invaluable source of information concerning St. Joseph for me and numerous others who have written in these forums. This is her time of need. She has been a true friend to me. We are both committed to revitalizing the St. Joseph area and making it a very desirable area for people to move to, especially those of us getting out of the People's Republic of California. Just like the Springfield/Branson area. I think this will benefit those real estate agents who cover St. Joseph and NWMO. Downtown St. Joseph is due for a resurgence, so the agents will benefit from an improved commercial real estate market. I know neither SJF nor I will ever forget your thoughts, prayers and best wishes for her house to sell, and for the new owners to be happy with it for many years to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri