Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:01 AM

791 posts, read 1,820,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJoeFanatic View Post
So, I hope after you read all this long-winded story, you will forgive my transgression of not replying in a more timely manner. I really do care for all of you and will try to check in a bit more frequently as time allows!
SJF, don't you think for one more minute that you need to apologize for anything. You've got things to take care of....apparently more than you bargained for...but that's life. It's what happens when you pursue your dreams.

You & your DH have been confronted with more challenges than you should have to deal with right now, and it is our sincere hope that the rainbow after the storm is the most vibrant you've ever seen!!!

The main thing is that you are on the upswing with your health, and getting closer to unloading that great weight from your shoulders. And speaking of health....SJF, if you will allow me just a sec to echo Eric's words. My mother also suffered from COPD, and was on Prednisone for way too long. The longer she took it, the more it ravaged her body. Side effects galore!!! The Diabetes, Weight Gain, Edema, Cellulitis....you name it, she got it. It's an awful drug that should only be used long enough to get you back on the road to improved health. So please, urge your doctor to taper you off as quickly as possible. PUSH him to find alternative, more natural remedies that will not only encourage your body's own defenses, but will help put everything in balance again. So many of the drugs either increase or decrease a specific function, and when that happens, it creates an imbalance that disrupts the natural harmony of your body.....hence the side effects.

With that all said, you just take care of yourself, do what you need to do, and visit us when you can. We're just wanting to make sure you are still ok, and that things are going forward. Know that we're all still wishing the best for you, and expect to at least 'virtually' celebrate with you when your dream is a reality!!! Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post
.....So, you just take care, take it easy and we'll handle the prayers on our end!!

O.Nana
Amen!!!!!

Warmest Regards & Hugs,
Boof
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 06:52 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
SJF, don't you think for one more minute that you need to apologize for anything. You've got things to take care of....apparently more than you bargained for...but that's life. It's what happens when you pursue your dreams.

You & your DH have been confronted with more challenges than you should have to deal with right now, and it is our sincere hope that the rainbow after the storm is the most vibrant you've ever seen!!!

The main thing is that you are on the upswing with your health, and getting closer to unloading that great weight from your shoulders. And speaking of health....SJF, if you will allow me just a sec to echo Eric's words. My mother also suffered from COPD, and was on Prednisone for way too long. The longer she took it, the more it ravaged her body. Side effects galore!!! The Diabetes, Weight Gain, Edema, Cellulitis....you name it, she got it. It's an awful drug that should only be used long enough to get you back on the road to improved health. So please, urge your doctor to taper you off as quickly as possible. PUSH him to find alternative, more natural remedies that will not only encourage your body's own defenses, but will help put everything in balance again. So many of the drugs either increase or decrease a specific function, and when that happens, it creates an imbalance that disrupts the natural harmony of your body.....hence the side effects.

With that all said, you just take care of yourself, do what you need to do, and visit us when you can. We're just wanting to make sure you are still ok, and that things are going forward. Know that we're all still wishing the best for you, and expect to at least 'virtually' celebrate with you when your dream is a reality!!! Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!

Amen!!!!!

Warmest Regards & Hugs,
Boof
dear Boof, you rock, 'nuff said!

Old 09-05-2007, 10:43 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times
Question Whither StJoeFanatic?

Well now that I think of it, it's been less than two weeks since the last post on this thread. But even so, it's a great reflection on the dynamism of our MO forums that this thread got pushed back to page 5 in the meantime! Well, I'm just beginning to fidget over not hearing back from StJoeFanatic and how she's been doing.

When we left off, she had thankfully at long last sold her house in St. Joe but got exposed to all kinds of poison oak and had to be put on the powerful corticosteroid drug Prednisone to clear up the dreadful reaction. I'm trying not to get too worried over how she's been doing with that, and hoping she and Mr. SJF have just been very busy with the change of ownership and looking for a new truck, and that it hasn't been health issues that have prevented her from checking in with us and letting us know what's been happening.

So just like before, SJF, please don't feel like you need to apologize for being away from here; I'm just hoping you're still on the rebound health-wise and that if you're reading this, you can give us the latest. I and the rest of us are always here for you if you're ever finding yourself in need of support, encouragement, prayer, and also rejoicing with you in good times, or all of the above!

Lastly, someone--I don't know if it's Northwoods Voyager or who it was, but someone mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she was having a tough time selling her house too. I haven't been able to find the post I saw then, so if you know who you are, please come forward, OK?

Old 09-05-2007, 11:05 PM

430 posts, read 1,264,108 times
Glad to hear from YOU NBEric! I have been away for a week or so in MO at the new house (back in Tucson now) and have not seen your posts! How are you doing??

O.Nana

Old 09-06-2007, 12:00 AM

Smile Hi, Ozark Nana!

Hi there, good to hear from you! Well this past weekend, I took my wife up to southwestern Oregon--it's really lovely up there. We stayed for two nights in Grants Pass, and drove up Interstate 5 to Roseburg, took a state highway from there over to the coast and saw a great covered bridge in (appropriately named!) Remote, Oregon, located between Roseburg and the coastal town of Bandon. The covered bridge is now closed to vehicular traffic, but you can walk across it and there's the cutest little winery that is right next to this bridge. Once we sampled a few of the wines, we stayed for a little while and then continued over to the coast, visiting two lighthouses along it. One had already closed, so we could only see it from a distance, but we did get to go inside the other one.

There's a town near Medford, OR called Jacksonville, and this entire town is designated as a historic district, with very cute shops on both sides of the street, churches dating back to the late 1800s, and a few restaurants. It's at one end of the beautiful Applegate Valley that is just south of I-5 between Medford and Grants Pass. Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce We're excited about learning what kinds of activities Jacksonville offers during the Christmas season, and want to go back up there on a weekend sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Chances are it will be raining there by then, but this past weekend couldn't have been better weather-wise.

It was sure nice to get the chance to get away for the weekend and head up there. Light traffic, and a slower pace overall. The drivers we encountered on Interstate 5, Highway 101 and other roads were so much more courteous than they are here generally--no one tailgating me, or weaving back and forth between the freeway lanes trying to pass everyone. Kind of like driving around in rural Missouri! I can't wait to visit St. Joseph and other places in MO in less than two weeks. I'm getting to see some wonderful locations as this summer comes to an end.

Hopefully these upcoming months will go by quickly for you, and you'll be in--is it Gravois Mills?--Missouri to live before you know it!

Old 09-06-2007, 12:03 AM

It IS Gravois Mills--OK! That's close to Bridal Cave and Ha Ha Tonka State Park, I think (not having my atlas in front of me at the moment).

Old 09-06-2007, 07:03 AM

430 posts, read 1,264,108 times
Sounds like a very relaxing and romantic weekend getaway for you and the Mrs! It's always nice to just transport yourself somewhere else for a few days and leave the hustle and bustle behind.....glad to hear you had a good time. It sounds like beautiful country up that way....

Yes, from your lips to Gods ears these months fly by for the Mr. and I....I have to admit, Mr. Nana doesn't like pouting and I did my fair share of it on the flight back to Tucson from the lake!! It was SO hard to leave it all behind...it will just make it that much sweeter when it does happen!

Good to see you back!

O.Nana

Old 09-15-2007, 05:28 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Bump!! Continued positive vibes for Northbayeric and recovery of StJoeFanatic!!

Old 09-16-2007, 10:38 PM

Thank you, MoNative, very much! I'll be in St. Joe in less than forty-eight hours! Gonna hit the job circuit and a little bit of the real estate circuit while I'm there. It should be a terrific trip and fact-finding mission for me. So thank you again! (Got you a little closer to 50 rep points, too....wink wink)

Old 09-18-2007, 09:59 AM

791 posts, read 1,820,019 times
Question SJF.....where are youuuuuuu????

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Well, I'm just beginning to fidget over not hearing back from StJoeFanatic and how she's been doing.
Eric,

It has been a while since we've heard from SJF. What with her run in with the Poison Oak, and the severity of her reaction to it, I am starting to worry about her. Gee, I do hope everything is going ok, and she's just too busy to post.

Are you going to see SJF when you're in town? If so, can you give us an update? It sure would be nice to know that she and her DH are alright.

And please Eric, be sure to share your experiences with us. We'll be anxious to know of your own personal adventures & experiences in St. Joe. It's got to be terribly exciting for you to know you're on your way!!!

Hoping for good new soon,
Boof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri