Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:49 AM

430 posts, read 1,261,576 times

Advertisements

Good morning all....If I could ask, my son is having surgery this morning and if your so inclined, could you please say a few prayers (think good thoughts) for him? He broke his collar bone in a 4-wheeler (I don't like those things) accident and has to have it put together with plates and screws. He goes in at 8:00 a.m....From a mothers standpoint, the fact that the 4-wheeler was destroyed was a blessing !! He can't afford a new one Thank you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 08:57 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,033,153 times
Glad to hear that wasn't worse; 4-wheelers are a great tool, a wonderful means to travel & haul stuff - when used properly and w/ proper knowledge/training, yet as so many other devices, can be quite harmful/deadly when not utilized correctly or when accidental times come into play. Sorry, tad off track there... Anyhow, will throw a couple words/thoughts your and his way. [this is coming from a guy who had his collar bone broke too - but,,, ummmm,,, by playing chicken w/ his older cousin, each of us heading towards each other from opposing hills - and I being the maybe slightly stubborner [hard headed some may put it ], I don't chicken; he did, as he rolled away, leaving his sled as a kinda projectile that made contact w/ my shoulder. Worst of it tho' was walking back to the house, and then walking w/ my folks to end of drive, ~3/4 mile away, through the snow, as vehicles were parked there due to the snow storm. Kids...

Anyhow, best to you and to your family/son.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:01 AM

156 posts, read 150,224 times
I will keep him in my prayers. You take care and I am sure he will be fine.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:11 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,546,241 times
Prayers and thoughts to you and your son. How old is he, may I ask? Won't make any difference in the prayers, just curious. I have a relative that broke their collar bone many years ago, and it wasn't 'set' properly and they still have some painful episodes. Bless you both and take care of yourself also.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:42 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,621,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post
Good morning all....If I could ask, my son is having surgery this morning and if your so inclined, could you please say a few prayers (think good thoughts) for him? He broke his collar bone in a 4-wheeler (I don't like those things) accident and has to have it put together with plates and screws. He goes in at 8:00 a.m....From a mothers standpoint, the fact that the 4-wheeler was destroyed was a blessing !! He can't afford a new one Thank you !
oh no! I've both broken my collarbone and owned an orv or two. Neither had anything to do with the other though.

for you and you son. I know how you feel I have a son running around the country in a plane all the time and a daughter in college driving all over southern CA and i worry about them every day.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:54 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,369,714 times
Thumbs up For yours and all the others...

Let us know how he does, ONana...we're sending out the good vibes.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:33 PM

871 posts, read 1,980,157 times
My children ride also thier 5 and 8 now. Ill definitly be praying for your son. I pray for my own every time they head out. MY 5 yr old burnt the clutch out on his already. Needs a little more practice on the mechanics side of it all. A little more fear would be nice to.
My favriot psalm. Psalms 91. escpecially verse 11.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Status: "God blessed us with a new free puppy 3/11" (set 5 days ago)

2,141 posts, read 4,438,639 times
I've added your son to my prayer list, too! What a thing to happen! I'm glad you've come to us for support, and that the two of you have each other. How old is your son?

I can still remember the two times I've broken my collar bone, once when I was only about three or four and I broke it when running in wet grass and slipping on it. Before my sophomore year of high school, I went too fast around a turn on my bicycle and the front tire went out from under me when it slipped on a little bit of fine gravel on the street. Thankfully they were both greenstick fractures each time!

My one sister-in-law was in a bad head-on collision (there aren't really any good head-on collisions, I guess) about three years ago, broke both legs, the doctors said she'd probably never walk again and even talked about having to amputate one of her legs. By God's mercy, she's got two pretty darn good legs once again. Occasionally she walks with a little bit of a limp, but she had a baby son since the accident, and she's going to have a baby daughter in less than two more months! How about that?

So I will be very happy to continue to pray for a complete recovery for your son. Doctors can do some pretty amazing things nowadays. Like Lake Junkie and the rest of us, we want to know how he's doing. Take good care of yourselves!

Old 08-13-2007, 10:35 PM

430 posts, read 1,261,576 times

I am so blessed to have found some new "friends"...thank you all for your prayers. J came through with flying colors today...surgery went well and he even said it actually felt BETTER now! His age, well, he's old enough to know better, he's 29 years old and the father of 3 boys. The 2 oldest have 4-wheelers too...makes a Nana's hair stand on end.

Again, thank you for thinking of J and myself....we do so appreciate your prayers and kind thoughts...

O. Nana

Old 08-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Status: "God blessed us with a new free puppy 3/11" (set 5 days ago)

2,141 posts, read 4,438,639 times
Thumbs up Great to hear!

Ah, so your son is one decade down on me. That's really good to hear that he's feeling so much better after the surgery this morning! Thank the Good Lord for that. It does sound like in the long run he's going to be as good as new.

Keep giving us the progress reports. Sounds like he might have to undergo some physical therapy once he's out of the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: