Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:17 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeasyouare View Post
Where can I buy a wood stove near Ralla
When lived south of Rolla, actually went to Springfield/Nixa to get my wood burner - and it's so great, I've taken it w/ me during every move! Its not that big, but it reburns the exhaust [non-catalytic combustion], plus has an extra heating plate on the top surface, so acts like a radiator in a way. Its currently in the shed, will get the name/model later if interested - however, it looks very similar to the 2nd one from the left in the first link below:
Best Wood Burning Stove - Wood Stove Reviews - Vermont Castings Wood Stove - Pellet Wood Stove - Fisher Wood Stove
Cleaner Burning Wood Stoves & Fireplaces | EPA
All about wood stoves (http://www.woodheat.org/technology/woodstoves.htm - broken link)

Sounds goofy, but I do miss getting out in the woods, firing up the Husky, spending a day or so out in the forest. Wood, you get warm three times... cutting & loading, splitting & stacking, and then burning!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 10:28 AM

45 posts, read 130,305 times
Hi, ShadowCaver...

Thanks for the information. About what would it cost?
We are very excitied about moving back to the country! It won't be long now!!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:42 PM

144 posts, read 552,464 times
We have a woodburning fireplace that is intended to be mostly decorative. It isn't the kind that will heat half your house. Anyway, we always stockpile wood because the trend seems to be that we spend atleast a week of our winter with no electricity (I live in Joplin) due to ice storms. We NEVER pay for wood. So far, someone has always been willing to give it away if my husband and brother in law will cut and haul it. Free heat is great! However, we are natives and have lots of family our in the Cassville/Shell Knob/Monett area who own large amounts of land for farming.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:45 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times
Can't recall exact price, but was not inexpensive... maybe ~$800-1,000 or so? Will check when get back home, am traveling right now [in beautiful eastern foothills of the Smokies ]. That, plus whatever else ya may need - fire poker rod, flue/vent/chimney, cleaning supplies, spark mat, chainsaw [if necessary], and you should be all good. lol, thinking back on when did burn wood in this, I'd get the front area so blazing hot, would be almost unbearable to be in that part, but would be jussssssssst right in the back area then... [was single story, the fire in living room in front, then kitchen/dining, hallway, bathroom, and then bedrooms and study towards the back]

ps: don't forget to check your insurance homeowners policy - some have varied/stricter rules &/or requirements regarding wood burning devices in/around the home. All mine had was need for a non-flammable mat [mine was metal] covering so many square feet in front of the wood burner.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarack64 View Post
i would like to know how many people burn wood in sw mo for a heat source? Is there wood suppliers in this area? If so, how expensive is it? How much per cord or pick up load?
Our family is moving from nw mn next month to sw mo, and we use a lot of wood here as our main source of heat. Anyone with any info or thoughts please share, and i want so a big thanks to all the people that take the time to answer questions and for sharing their information on this forum, it is a great place to learn!
hi tamarack is that where you are from in mn?
I am looking for seasoned slab wood in the springfield area. You have any suggestions? I too come from mn back in 1979. I used to live in the tamarack area.
Hope to hear back.
Ladyrider.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:03 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,121 times
Shadow,
Any time you get the itch to fire up that Husky let me know. I will let you cut all the wood you want off my place. I will even match your Husky with my pair, I have a 141 and a 455 Rancher. Great saws for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
When lived south of Rolla, actually went to Springfield/Nixa to get my wood burner - and it's so great, I've taken it w/ me during every move! Its not that big, but it reburns the exhaust [non-catalytic combustion], plus has an extra heating plate on the top surface, so acts like a radiator in a way. Its currently in the shed, will get the name/model later if interested - however, it looks very similar to the 2nd one from the left in the first link below:
Best Wood Burning Stove - Wood Stove Reviews - Vermont Castings Wood Stove - Pellet Wood Stove - Fisher Wood Stove
Cleaner Burning Wood Stoves & Fireplaces | EPA
All about wood stoves (http://www.woodheat.org/technology/woodstoves.htm - broken link)

Sounds goofy, but I do miss getting out in the woods, firing up the Husky, spending a day or so out in the forest. Wood, you get warm three times... cutting & loading, splitting & stacking, and then burning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri