U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 09:15 PM

27 posts, read 126,536 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what Nevada, MO is like? Nice people? Nice town? Good schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2006, 09:04 AM

11,699 posts, read 11,056,700 times
As good as any other town in Mo. Clean place to live with easy commute on 71 hwy to Joplin or Kansas City. Mo is reported to have bad roads but 71 hwy is nice and smooth. Just went down it last weekend. 70 mph speed limit.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:51 PM

2 posts, read 13,607 times
Thumbs down Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyshoregirl View Post
Just wondering what Nevada, MO is like? Nice people? Nice town? Good schools?
Nevada is an ok place to live crime is low no jobs here unless u have a high school dip, or ged then u can go to work for Crain co, or 3M other the that u have to go out of town to get a good paying job.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:02 AM

Thank you for responding to me. I am a medical coder at my local hospital here in NJ. It's a great career and many at home positions so I am thinking I could move out of state and still have a super great job! Something drew me into looking into MO. I have a feeling I will be divorced within a couple of years and have four beautiful children, so I am definatley thinking about affordable housing and a beautiful place for them to continue growing up. Thanks again!!!
Oh - do you happen to know how the school system is? Any catholic schools? Would me and my children be "accepted"? I know some states are funny like that.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:00 AM

2 posts, read 12,067 times
Default Decent place

I grew up in Nevada but left for Joplin after High School (had to get away from parents). Very nice town, school was great. I was very prepared for College. Very accepting community. Has grocery store, Walmart etc. Joplin is only about 45 minutes away with more shopping etc.
good place to live. They have a hospital and Joplin has several hospitals/medical facilities also.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:19 AM

amandab

Thanks so much for replying to me and giving me your info. Hope things are going well for you where you live now.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 7,186 times
Still thinking about Nevada? There is a great Catholic school in Fort Scott.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:03 AM

1,238 posts, read 4,118,297 times
Carthage is about 1 hour S. of Nevada, and has a Catholic school. I don't think most Missourians really care if you are Catholic or Protestant, or Muslim or whatever, although if you are a non-church goer you will probably be asked if you would like to go, because it is the Bible Belt. I know Nevada has an FFA and Band program that are good, don't know about sports since I don't follow. Never met someone who graduated from Nevada that I would consider undereducated. Not much there in the way of eating out, but Joplin is close enough for shopping and dining. Also easy shot to KC and all it offers.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 PM

1 posts, read 6,797 times
Default Move to Joplin instead!

You should really move to Joplin instead or Carl Junction which is just north. Great schools, shopping, close to Branson for entertainment. There are good Catholic schools too. In everyone else's posts they talk about Nevada's proximity to Joplin. It has a great small town feel but also has everything you need with out traveling too far. The only thing is that you have to drive to Kansas City or Tulsa for a good airport, but that's the same for Nevada too.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 8,318 times
Why Carl Junction or Joplin? Nevada is great. I went to Cottey College over 20 years ago and moved back here to live after my divorce. It is a great town and the cost of living can't be beat (I pay a whopping $385 a month rent on my house). The public schools are very good, but there's also a private Catholic school (St. Mary's) and a Christian school. The College brings in performances from across the world, the local community theater is outstanding, there's a great hospital, the YMCA is terrific, etc.... This is a great place to live inexpensively and raise a family. I visit KC regularly (have family there) and it's not that far to KC or Joplin if you want to go to a sporting event, mall, concert, etc.... 3M and Cottey both help stabilize the local economy, so Nevada doesn't have the problems many small towns do. It's a great place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri