Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:24 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,331 times
This is sorta spooky. There is a tombstone in a graveyear near where I grew up that glows in the dark. We used to drive that way with our dates and start telling them this story about a lost soul trying to escape the grave, that if you saw a tombstone glowing in the dark that meant he was on the prowl.

That always got them to cuddle up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 07:30 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Wink Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
This is sorta spooky. There is a tombstone in a graveyear near where I grew up that glows in the dark. We used to drive that way with our dates and start telling them this story about a lost soul trying to escape the grave, that if you saw a tombstone glowing in the dark that meant he was on the prowl.

That always got them to cuddle up!
I kinda like that one.....

Old 08-29-2007, 07:33 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,687 times
I scare real easy, get all teary eyed when I really get scared. Hubby knows this. Before we got married he kept telling me this ghost story about a woman and her daughter that lived together in a house that was down a long dirt road. House was fenced in with a gate by the road. One night the girl went out and never came back. So if "Mom" hears a car go by she goes out to the gate and opens it for her daughter. Story "says" that if you drive down the dirt road the gate will be up, but if you drive back by the gate is down. Soooo, moved back here, Hubby takes me for a drive at night down this dirt road. Yep, THAT dirt road. I know that gate was up the first time we drove by, we start to come back and he tells me where we are and sure enough that darn gate was DOWN !! Eyes started tearing up and I wouldn't even look behind me until we got back on the main hiway.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:56 PM

that's a good one jdslady. Tried to give you a rep pt, but 'they' say I must wait for 24 hours...BooHoo

Old 08-29-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
that's a good one jdslady. Tried to give you a rep pt, but 'they' say I must wait for 24 hours...BooHoo
awww gee.. thanks anyhow for the thought

Old 08-30-2007, 12:54 AM

871 posts, read 1,985,286 times
Same thing happens to me jd almost like crying but your scared not sad.

I lived in house in Pomona that we thought was haunted or somthing else.
One night my mom had put my brother and I to bed. She taped our lunch money on the living room door so we wouldnt forget it in the morning. She then called a friend from our church to chit chat. All of a sudden in the middle of thier conversation her friend began to pray. Our dog jumped up and began barking and growling at the door. The money that was taped thier flew across the room! Then it was over.
Thier was a bedroom in the house that seemed to be the main room for uneasiness. Whoever had the room was plagued with nightmares. I would see things at night like a white face with no eyes or mouth. Or dream that a figure was standing behind my curtains and it would pop its black face out and just stare at me.

When we moved out, one of my older cousins moved in with his wife. I asked if he had any wierd experiences and he said that one morning he felt things hitting him. He looked around and found pennies on the blankets. He went and looked in on the kids thinking they were messing around and they were fast asleep!!
I left that house in 1987 and still dream bad dreams about it. Like I go back there to see it. Its all empty and the skies are grey. Dead leaves are blowing around it everywhere. When I go inside there's a wolf or sometimes a bear that comes after me. Its sooooo scary!!

Old 08-30-2007, 01:10 PM

Default OMGoodness!!

I'm glad nothing like that has happened at our house!! Only thing even close to that is one particular night the "littlest one" was roaming around the house more than we normally see him. The next morning when we got up a LARGE heavy flower pot on the front porch was busted to pieces, like someone picked it up and dropped it.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:03 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,286 times
That stuff you said would scare me!

Old 08-31-2007, 03:41 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,471,232 times
There is a Victorian house in Carthage with a large staircase with a landing. When the new owners moved in, they relocated a table that had always been on the landing to the foot of the stairs. Many times, they would hear a noise and find that the table had moved back to the landing. This happened when the lady of the house knew no one else was home, and when all family members were present in another room, and overnight. The table now has a permanent place on the landing.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:45 PM

Smile Spoookkkyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post
There is a Victorian house in Carthage with a large staircase with a landing. When the new owners moved in, they relocated a table that had always been on the landing to the foot of the stairs. Many times, they would hear a noise and find that the table had moved back to the landing. This happened when the lady of the house knew no one else was home, and when all family members were present in another room, and overnight. The table now has a permanent place on the landing.
Now that is very weird. Did they ever investigate the history of the home in detail? Anything else ever happen in that home???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri