Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:09 AM

1,635 posts, read 3,639,384 times

Advertisements

Cool! Duh! I don't know how I missed that one! I kinda looked around but I guess I should have looked closer. Thanks, Voyager!

Just think...next year, when that Holiday Magic Drive goes on in Lake of the Ozarks, we can meet with ONana and OPapa!
http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-5111-couple-fermier.gif (broken link)

Whoohoo! http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-4877-cowboy.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 02:33 PM

870 posts, read 3,071,065 times
Default Fri Nov 16th

Next Friday Night you can hear some great Classic Rock and Motown Sounds at Tsunami's Tsunami, 3265 Falls Pkwy, Branson, MO on Yahoo! Local
in Branson... A bunch of "Show" musicians come out to play wiss my dh! Starts late, but worth the wait! http://bestsmileys.com/music1/4.gif (broken link)

Get Away with "SCOTFREE"!!http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/7.gif (broken link)

Old 11-08-2007, 05:23 PM

Kewl!!! Thanks for sharing! Soooo, how late are we talkin'???

Old 11-09-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Late for some...

It starts at 10:30...The guys get out of their shows at 10, change and zip over there, so it's usually around 10:30...my NoRmAl bedtime. BUT, a little caffiene goes a LONG way....and we get to sleep late Sat. mornin'!
Join us....

Old 11-10-2007, 09:10 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,360,328 times
Talking Veterans Day Parade

The most awesome Veterans Day parade is happening tomorrow morning in old downtown Branson...starting at 11 am.

I know they have them everywhere, but I heard there's supposed to be thousands of veterans in town besides the cool folks who are IN the parade...

Thanks to all you veterans, every day.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:13 PM

Awwww! Thanks for sharing that, L J! Too bad it's during church, which is where I'll be with my own personal veteran.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:54 PM

359 posts, read 1,834,058 times
Weston. Mo Second Saturdays

Hey everyone. Some friends and I went up to Weston yesterday for their "Second Saturdays" event. It was fantastic! The weather was great. The shops had little tidbits to eat and drink. Lots of good sales going. We ate Irish food at American Bowman with guiness brewed on site. Very good, though I think I still like Smithwick's best.

They also had tributes to veterans. A different war was represented in each shop with an overall display in one of the windows listing the number of missing or killed in action form each war, including Iraq. It was very sobering and makes you truly grateful for what you've got.

Got lots of Christmas shopping done- unique gifts, too! The shops close at 8PM, but then the pub crawl starts with live music in each one. I had a very good red wine at The Wine Bank, though I do not remember the name. They also had a barber shop quartet and then carolers later in the evening. All the elements together really made it a great experience. Very Norman Rockwell.

By the way, many of the shops carry items crafted by local and international artists- a big plus in my book and one the main reasons I shop there. This is not a "made in China" kind of place.

They will do one more Second Saturday in December. Then I don't think they do them again until next fall, not sure though. Anyway, just though I'd mention it. It's a great little day-trip.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:33 AM

Sounds like fun, km! I know I can look it up but I thought I'd ask so it will be in print here, instead. Where is Weston?

Old 11-12-2007, 10:58 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,360,328 times
Thumbs up Reporting on the Veterans Day Parade in Branson...

Hi everyone...what a wonderful time we had yesterday on Main Street in old downtown Branson. There were tens of thousands of veterans in town, and I think half of them were on the streets paying tribute to their comrades in arms.

If you ever get a chance, this is the greatest parade ever...there's groups from all over the midwest and very few dry eyes as our heroes & warriors pass by. Here's just a few special moments out of an hour long parade:

...and my very own favorite veteran, Machinist Mate 1st Class Bezzerides from the USS Harry Hubbard dd748...'52-'54...love you dad.

Thanks to all veterans for your service.

Last edited by Lake Junkie; 11-12-2007 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: God bless the troops...

Old 11-12-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Happy Veteran's Day!!

Great pictures LJ!!! Thanks! I wanted to go but am down in my back! "MiMi" needs to be more careful when playing "monkey swing" with the granddaughter! Ouchie.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri