U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2006, 08:17 AM

69 posts, read 160,637 times

Advertisements

Hello, I was wondering what the employment and economic enviroment (say that three times fast) is like. I live in NC and me and my boyfriend are both looking for work. We were both laid off from our companies,(mine completely shut down) 2 years ago, we have taken advantage of a program that helped us go to school I graduated in May and the old man finishes in May 2007 we both took a computer program called Cyber Crime. I also have a paralegal degree but because of pay and benefits didn't use it for very long and went back into manufacturing. My boyfriend was a fixer in a hoisery mill and is a great talent in machinery, electrical, and may other mechanicl jobs he also loves computers and loves this program, me not so much. I now need a office job because of a back injury from a car accident and can't stand on my feet for 8 hrs. I really need to get back to work. I lived in Norwood near Mtn. Grove about 50 miles from Springfield when I was 16 and really liked it. We don't mind a rural setting as long as a Wal-Mart is close by for groceries and such. The goal is for my boyfriend to find a great paying job so I can work part-time or from home. We have no children but I truly am a throw back and love taking care of our home financially we are realistic and know that I have to work too. Any info and advice if apprciated. Thanks so much have a great week everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2006, 09:22 AM

339 posts, read 1,319,027 times
I think it would be hard to go wrong in the Springfield area. We have a very low unemployment rate. I know from personal experience that paralegals are in high demand. I'm not sure about the overall job picture in all sectors (manufacturing is seeing big shifts everywhere), but I think there is a lot of opportunity here for all types of skilled people.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:52 AM

69 posts, read 160,637 times
Thanks for the info. It will be at least a year maybe a little less before we move anywhere, but I appreciate what your saying. Manufacturing really is a mixed bag isn't it? Are you a paralegal? I really enjoyed working in the legal field the brief time I spent in I worked for a Domestic Violence Unit with Legal Services unfortunately the lawyers I worked for typed their own complaints and so forth and there wasn't much for me to do. So I feel at a disadvantaged and don't feel like I have enough experience. Any wany thanks again.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:37 PM

29 posts, read 155,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarks21 View Post
I think it would be hard to go wrong in the Springfield area. We have a very low unemployment rate. I know from personal experience that paralegals are in high demand. I'm not sure about the overall job picture in all sectors (manufacturing is seeing big shifts everywhere), but I think there is a lot of opportunity here for all types of skilled people.
Cool! I am a degreed administrative generalist. This is good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri